Honored Contributor

Assuming it isn't going to be backpacks - what do you think is going to be the next trend in purses? 

I see a lot of ladies here in Florida carry those little wallet on a string with room for a cell phone. However it is usually related to needing hands on a cane or a walker. Are these popular among the non senior crowd? 

What else are you all seeing around your town?

Honored Contributor

Re: The next trend in purses

"Are these popular among the non senior crowd?"

Yup!  Always in my neck of the woods.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

The next trend is lots of embellishments on bags. Also, charms and Pom poms hanging from the sides.

Honored Contributor

Large colorful leather bags - red, lime green, fuchsia, etc.  

Honored Contributor

It's a matter of definition. I don't define wallets on a string, back packs or fanny packs as purses and I have no use for any of them... As for the next big thing, I have no idea,. I'm sort of done with trends anyway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't folllow trends when it comes to handbags, I prefer designer bags and I usually pay in the $350 to $500 range.  These are lifetime bags so I stay away from anything that is gimmicky or overly trendy.  I usually go with a tote bag or a good sized sachel.  I carry "stuff" with me so those wallets on a string and small cross body bags would never work for me.  I buy a bag every 3-4 years, since my I bought my gorgeous light blue D&B tote in the summer of 2015, there will not be any new bags in my house for a year, perhaps 2. 

Trusted Contributor

I also do not care about trends and never follow them. I know what I like in handbags, usually very fine Italian leather, lightweight because I tend to put too much in my bags and don't want the bag to be so heavy it will "hurt" to carry it, I like taupe, grey, black bags the best and don't mind spending a lot of money knowing that I will get years and years of use from them. I just bought an Alice D bag, made in Italy and they run about $450-$800. It is gorgeous, half taupe color and half black, all very fine Italian leather with handles and strap. I actually sold many of my Dooney & Bourke bags on ebay recently. They were all in pristine condition, some not even used. But people want a bargain and I sold them at a bargain.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Europe mini-bags are all over the place. Some are crossbody some are not, however make no mistake the size of the bag is not proportional to its prize.🌻

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CHIP62  Around here they are mostly the Vera Bradley ones. Wallet & cell phone pocket in one with a crossbody strap.Sort of like a wristlet and a wallet combined together and added a crossbody strap.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

The next trend is lots of embellishments on bags. Also, charms and Pom poms hanging from the sides.

Sounds like Kathy Van Zeeland bags!  Woman LOL