Honored Contributor

The next handbag fashion trend:

Is it backpacks?

Honored Contributor

Re: The next handbag fashion trend:

[ Edited ]

If backpacks are the next trend, my handbags will not be trendy.  Fortunately, being trendy is low on my list.

Trusted Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

Is it backpacks?

@NonametodayI have seen women wearing backpacks for years. I don't think it is anything new. I think companies are coming out with cute prints and sizes.

A backpack is one of the best things to travel on a plane.

Honored Contributor

Not for me, but I have a friend that loves backpack bags. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love my backpack handbags. Smaller - about 10 x 11. Purchase primarily from Macys and QVC. Currently carrying a colorful Kipling during late spring. Bought a couple of Calvin Kline styles I enjoy. Both leather and nylon work for me. Great for everyday and travel. I take a lot of walks and hands free is perfect. Have bought for friends as gifts and it is wonderful for busy grandmothers, too. Helps with posture. Since my frozen shoulder, I look for cute backpacks and small crossbodys. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I don't think this is new. I would say they began to make a comeback recently since 2015.

I was dead set against it but now I have several. Not the school looking kind but dressy ones. They are super practical and comfortable. It feels not only 'hands free' but 'handbag free'. A bit disconcerting at first but then you wonder how you did without it especially when traveling and when walking.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

They've been around for years.  I carry my work laptop in a backpack.  It is nice being hands free.  I'm not ready to head there with a backpack as a pocketbook replacement.  I'd worry not being able to see it.

Honored Contributor

I am starting to see high end fanny pack bags out there, not those cheap travel packs, but expensive bags.  It looks like a resurrected trend to me.

Trusted Contributor

I've purchased 3 since retiring.   Because of an accident I have mobility issues but I still like to take short walks, a little at a time.   It is best when my hands are free in case I start to lose my balance.  My camera, phone, tissues and snack bar go inside.  My money is in a zip pocket that is up against my body.  My hands are free to collect "things".  Driftwood and rocks along the lake shore.  Nuts, etc in the woods.

I saw a Bald Eagle along the shore of an inlet when I was eating my lunch.  He was at the very top of a big tree just watching the boats and paddle boards go by.  No one looked up.  They missed a beautiful sight.  I missed a beautiful picture because I forgot my camera that day.  To date I have not seen him there again.  My camera and I will keep checking back.

They are great when out with the grandchildren also.  Hands free.  Nothing hanging from my shoulder.

Honored Contributor

I'll be buying one just as soon as I can sign up for mountain climbing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment