Honored Contributor

Re: The joy of violet/lavender/purple/amethyst handbags!

Oh that Louis Vuitton Vernis Tote.... yum.   Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Beautiful colors and would not hesitate to wear any of those shades.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor

Color does affect us! Years ago during a prolonged grieving period after the devastating and sudden  death of my beloved stepfather in an automobile accident, two things happened:  I developed pneumonia two winters in a row, and I also had a sudden urge to redecorate our bedroom with lots of bright yellow. I had never been a "yellow girl" before, but I followed my instincts. changing the artwork and buying yellow and white cabana-stripe sheets and a new area rug. Ahhhhh..... I felt as if I couldn't drink in enough yellow! Well, I was  at a bookstore shortly after that and was drawn to a book on color therapy, in which I learned a couple of things. One, grief can settle in the chest and lungs which partly accounted for my pneumonia. Second, "breathing"  yellow  was listed not only as an antidote to grief but also an aid for anyone suffering with lung issues.  So I was naturally drawn to the very color that in fact can be therapeutic.  I'm glad you reminded me to check up on color therapy. I am seriously going to do that right now. 

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@1Professor

Color does affect us! Years ago during a prolonged grieving period after the devastating and sudden  death of my beloved stepfather in an automobile accident, two things happened:  I developed pneumonia two winters in a row, and I also had a sudden urge to redecorate our bedroom with lots of bright yellow. I had never been a "yellow girl" before, but I followed my instincts. changing the artwork and buying yellow and white cabana-stripe sheets and a new area rug. Ahhhhh..... I felt as if I couldn't drink in enough yellow! Well, I was  at a bookstore shortly after that and was drawn to a book on color therapy, in which I learned a couple of things. One, grief can settle in the chest and lungs which partly accounted for my pneumonia. Second, "breathing"  yellow  was listed not only as an antidote to grief but also an aid for anyone suffering with lung issues.  So I was naturally drawn to the very color that in fact can be therapeutic.  I'm glad you reminded me to check up on color therapy. I am seriously going to do that right now. 

@libbyannE: What a beautiful story! I teach the psychology of color in my university Persuasion class.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@1Professor

@libbyannE: What a beautiful story! I teach the psychology of color in my university Persuasion class.

@1Professor

Your glass must be fascinating. Wow.

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb,

I have the same issue with purple, love burgundy, plum and   aubergine. Like purple in other people but I do not think that it flatters me.

I was very surprised about how popular purple is in America, not in Europe, generally speaking 🌻

Honored Contributor

@CHIP62 Its popularity really seemed to explode over the past several decades. At one time the lighter purples were considered by many to be passe and considered to be preferred by older women... Just goes to show that everything comes full circle. While I think the range of purples are pretty colors, I'll probably never 'get' why it would be so many people's 'favorite'...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I own two burgundy bags, but no purple. I love the idea of a monochromatic outfit with a purple bag. That's very tempting.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Saw this Kate Spade bag in an email today from ebay. I would have to check the style name again.

I absolutely love the color. Am very tempted.

1681988569-2351-1500-1500.jpg

Honored Contributor

The Kate Spade bag I posted is called the Prospect Place Kaia. Color is lilac petal.

$214.99 on ebay.