Super Contributor

A couple of years ago, I really, Really, wanted this woven leather Coach bag. But, it was $1100.00, when I saw it. In a retail Coach store. 

That, as the old saying goes, was that😉

But, that Summer, heading down to Lincoln City, OR, and a few days at the beach, with my Sister, we stopped at the Outlet Mall, in LC.  They have Coach there; guess what bag, was in inventory?  Oh Yeah🙃🙃🙃

The bag was marked way down to around $450!! I was ready to jump on it ! My Sister, basically said, "Have you lost your mind"? It's pretty, but, you're going to carry it, once in awhile, you're going to get tired of it, much quicker, than something more basic, and you want to start vacation, spending almost $500, for a Purse??

She was right, of course, and we left, sans purse, to my relief, as soon as we got out of there🤓

Still, if I'd been alone, or that purse, had been,  maybe, $100 cheaper🙃🙃

IMG_2121.PNG

Honored Contributor

I remember when you posted that bag @SUHsE... I liked it then and I liked it now... And oh yea, the ones that got away... Some serious regrets there for me too... Also agreed, that extra push of a few more dollars off would sometimes have made all the difference... I guess thems the breaks...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love that one @SUHsE! I also remember when you posted it. Some serious willpower you had! I always wanted the matching pouch -- and I regret not getting that, even though it was outrageously priced at the time I saw it in the store. But If I see the pouch on sale now, I won't be as good as you ... probably, I think. LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine was the Snoopy series by Coach that sold out in minutes.  

I REALLY wanted the cosmetic case.  

Coach-x-Peanuts-Cosmetic-Case-17

Honored Contributor

I remember it also.  Anything Southwest in design catches my eye.  I remember not liking the lime green and still don't like it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: The Ones That Got Away

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I remember it also.  Anything Southwest in design catches my eye.  I remember not liking the lime green and still don't like it. 

I kind of agree. I wish they'd left the bottom stripe off, but I wonder if it would throw off the whole look of the bag... Oh well, either way, no need for me to contemplate it...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SUHsE  Don't give up yet.  You may eventually find it on Ebay or on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

My big one that got away was Louis Vuitton's Black Cube Speedy... at the time around $3k (sure!).  I looked at it, handled it and the leather was something to write home about.  Absolutely loved that bag and still do.... I've found them for resale on occasion but they want between $1.5k to $2k.... (hysterical laugh!)....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Well, my Sister was the one who got me on the Coach train, so, she might have been more supportive 🙃🤓 

She was right, of course. We were going down to Newport for a couple of days; I had no intention of spending that kind of money, but it is an, oh so pretty bag, in person!