Esteemed Contributor

Bought a wonderful new Gucci satchel years ago....loved it but hardly ever used it. I ended up selling it on eBay 10 years ago thinking I'd never miss it. To this day, I can't believe I sold that bag. It probably wasn't right for me then, but it would be perfect for me now...oh well!

Esteemed Contributor

@CHIP62  .  You got such a deal on a great bag.  

I always wanted this Clever Carriage needlepoint:  animal print and roses (still on eBay, I know), an unusual juxtaposition in a couple of styles.

It just wouldn't work with my casual wardrobe and lifestyle.  

I would have loved it with my black business suits in San Francisco's Financial District  !!

Image result for images clever carriage needlepoint

Image result for images clever carriage needlepoint

Honored Contributor

@1Professor I never was able to find a Dottore, but did find a lovely Nash alternative... Same pretty cognac colored leather without embellishment in a nice frame satchel. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor I never was able to find a Dottore, but did find a lovely Nash alternative... Same pretty cognac colored leather without embellishment in a nice frame satchel. 

@stevieb: I don't think they made many Dottore bags. Nash comes out with a lot of handbags, only some made in quantity. I often look for it, browsing on eBay and it rarely comes up.

Love a great frame satchel, however!

I'm always on the lookout for another doctor bag. Love the concept and architecture.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor You're absolutely right... I've seen a few bags along the way never to have seen them again... Some were produced in very limited quantities... Also true of limited production in certain sihouettes. I saw one absolutely lovely true 'speedy' style satchel in a floral print... Pretty as it was, the print wasn't for me but I've never seen that same silhouette offered with a different pattern... 

Yes, I have to admit a real love of frame bags and doctor satchels... They can sometimes be a bit awkward to use, but, like you, I love the construction...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

Girl, I feel your pain.  Smiley Sad

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Here's my tale of woe:

I saw a turq Rebecca Minkoff crossbody in luscious pebble leather for only $50!!!  Don't ask me why I didn't jump on it, but I didn't.  Went back the next day and got a "no longer available" - but not "sold".  I scoured ebay for days and finally

found it listed under the designer category selling for $150.  I contacted the seller and was informed that they realized they had made a mistake and had to price it accordingly.  AGAIN, I was a bit ticked off so logged out.  I realized $150 was not bad for a Minkoff bag.  So, here we go again, I logged on a day later ready to buy it and it was sold. (((sigh))) 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

@stevieb

Girl, I feel your pain.  Smiley Sad

Oh boy @pommom thanks, and bag sister, I feel yours too. That Minkoff debacle would push a lesser woman over the edge...

Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor  Did you see the Doppia satchel on HSN ???

Patricia Nash Doppia Convertible Leather SatchelPatricia Nash Doppia Convertible Leather SatchelPatricia Nash Doppia Convertible Leather Satchel

Frequent Contributor

I have wanted that G.I.L.I. Vintage forever!  Where did you find it?