Honored Contributor

Re: The New Must Have According to Amy: a $500 Bag. Yea Right.

[ Edited ]

It doesn't really have any of the iconic D&B features.

Looks like it could be...any...brand of bag.

And zipper better smooth as butta' or you're gonna

to end up w/ a lot of snagged sweater sleeves.

Respected Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I have some $500 bags. I've never paid more than $200 for one. Too many flash sales and discounts these days to pay that much. Besides, I love the thrill of the hunt!!

@Reba055: Ah, the thrill of the Hunt!

My favorite hunting involves premium outlet stores and consignment stores! Treasures are buried there.

We all spend our money differently and take joy differently.

A high-end handbag snatched at an amazing discount. Score!!

Honored Contributor

I actually have the Florentine medium pocket satchel that is very similar to that bag ( it has a small back pocket too). It is a smaller bag but it's really nice. But it also doesn't have that foldover top, which I personally hate. I do think the Toscana hobo is beautiful though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

This is an honest question not meant to hurt anyone or give anyone a hard time.  I would never even dream of spending big bucks on a handbag.  I walk around with very inexpensive bags that cost next to nothing.  They have the room I need and the look I want.  Sometimes I even use a decorated grocery bag.  I JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT MAKES ANY BAG WITH A HIGH PRICE TAG that SPECIAL???

And I will add my cheap bags last a long time, never had a problem inside or out.

Esteemed Contributor

I to have a couple of Doonys that I don't use anymore because they have never sofened  My personal issue is the contrasting stitching.  Handbags are so personal.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I agree the purse is gorgeous.  I am the first to admit that animals make such beautiful shoes and purses and I have to admit that I own Florentine leather bags.  No longer and until I knew the pain and suffering that went into those bags/shoes, I bought with no restraint. My bag of choice now is sportsac and bagallini ...I respect everyone and realize that not everyone is aware of farm factory animal practices...

Honored Contributor

Should the day ever arrive when I need anyone... much less Amy... to tell me what bag is a 'must have' then I'll know it's time to reserve my room at the home...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Gee, I wonder what this bag weighs.  It looks so big and heavy.  I am sure Inread somewhere that the trend was toward smaller and lighter purses.  My back could never take this bag.

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

That new Toscana bag is drop-dead gorgeous.  If I was in a position to drop $400+ on a handbag, I wouldn't hesitate, except I wouldn't know what color to get.  I love them all.

I got a gorgeous burgandy man-made bag from Zulily yesterday.  I'll have to content myself with that.  For $39.99, it has all the features of the expensive bags.  Feels just like leather, has feet on bottom, secure zipper top, outside pocket, shoulder AND crossbody straps, big enough for iPad, and lots of inside pockets.

That one is four and a quarter or so.  Not that that is chump change but the one she commented on was the $499 small satchel below.  It is also beautifully made, but the zip top is too small for my hands.  It is a smaller bag.  And the price to get it home, probably pushing $535.  That is crazy.image.jpeg

The small opening, canvas strap, and no back pocket are deal breakers for me. And then there's the hefty price tag. Too many negatives to justify that price.🙄

Valued Contributor

those are nice bags. waiting for them to go on sale on the website dooney has several of them. will not pay that much.