Frequent Contributor

Re: The-Handbag-That-Got-Away (the one you WISHED you had purchased)!

@1Professor  The one handbag that eludes me to this day is the orginal G.I.L.I. Roma in Nude.  I just can't bear to pay the jacked-up QVC price of $324.  I check most of the Lunchtime Specials and Nighttime Specials (now Primetime) in case QVC decides to drop the price.  But I've been doing that for a year now and QVC will not relent.  They seem to be happy to keep the handbag safely on their shelf.  I admit, it feels like torture.

Respected Contributor

@BritishGirl wrote:

@1Professor  The one handbag that eludes me to this day is the orginal G.I.L.I. Roma in Nude.  I just can't bear to pay the jacked-up QVC price of $324.  I check most of the Lunchtime Specials and Nighttime Specials (now Primetime) in case QVC decides to drop the price.  But I've been doing that for a year now and QVC will not relent.  They seem to be happy to keep the handbag safely on their shelf.  I admit, it feels like torture.

@BritishGirl: It's a beauty, for sure. I have the large Roma in terra cotta, which I adore. I, too, occasional check out the one remaining nude!

Nude copy.jpeg

There was also a blush-nude Roma 2:

BlushRoa2 copy.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BritishGirl wrote:

@BritishGirl Gosh, I hope you eventually get your bag... No, QVC is not known for their generosity with customers, which is a shame... And with a bag that's been around for this long, they really should've offered a deal by now... The large Roma is, well, large, and so I don't often use mine in white ostrich, but they are beautiful bags... It is curious because they've certainly marked down other 'classic' Gili bags a time or two, so it makes no sense they wouldn't put this one on some kind of special...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...