Respected Contributor

Re: The 60's girl in me wants a bag with fringe.....

I'm in my 60's and I love pulling off my own look, and wearing my fringed bags and boots.....( one or the other at a time )have always gotten compliments, and wore them before they became the trend. You can always cut the fringe off if you get tired of it. Have fun with it 😊

Respected Contributor

I love fringe too, however I just don't want to spend a ton an expensive bag. Saw a Big Buddha bag at Nordies for only 60 dollars. I have been dreaming about it! Just might have to go back!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

GO for it!!!!!!!  I love fringe bags!!!  I have many. They make me happy just to see the fringe. Life is too serious and plagued with problems for many of us. If that is what the 60s girl in you wants let her have it!!

Don't let your biological age stop you from enjoying life. You won't look silly but happy carrying your fringe bag. When you get it let me know so I can join you!!!! Woman LOL

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

.....when did 60 become "too old"....

Esteemed Contributor

I got this one from Kohl's......LOL

fringe.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  GO for it Girl!  I bought a pr of really CUTE fringed booties in a sand color, the fringe is around the heel portion.  Fit great, feel great and look GREAT on!  I love them and glad I bought them.

BTW - no one knows your age anyway - okay well, except us!  Have FUN with your fashions.  They are with us in them is what makes the world go 'round!

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I got this one from Kohl's......LOL

fringe.jpg

@Nataliesgramma  Really nice choice!!!!! So just let me know when you're going to the mall etc.  and I'll join you with my fringe bag in tow.. LOL

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I bought one because I do really love the look, but I'm thinking about returning it because it has no structure so I have to be careful where I set it down. Plus the fringe gets wrinkled so I end up having to hang it. Which wouldn't be a huge issue except I have cats and then I have to keep them away from the fringe. I love the color and that it stays on my shoulder and it's beautiful but it's so floppy unless it's filled up. Plus I think in the end it isn't really my style. It doesn't go with the clothes I normally wear.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I bought one because I do really love the look, but I'm thinking about returning it because it has no structure so I have to be careful where I set it down. Plus the fringe gets wrinkled so I end up having to hang it. Which wouldn't be a huge issue except I have cats and then I have to keep them away from the fringe. I love the color and that it stays on my shoulder and it's beautiful but it's so floppy unless it's filled up. Plus I think in the end it isn't really my style. It doesn't go with the clothes I normally wear.

Oh man @jaxs mom I know the bag you are talking about! But if it really isn't your style, it would be good to send it back. I have two orYANY bags that I got elsewhere that I love to look at, but they are really not practical for me to use (too heavy, strange shape). The leather is yummy, though. I'll probably sell them at my sister's yearly garage sale this summer for not much...oh well. 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Oh man @jaxs mom I know the bag you are talking about! But if it really isn't your style, it would be good to send it back. I have two orYANY bags that I got elsewhere that I love to look at, but they are really not practical for me to use (too heavy, strange shape). The leather is yummy, though. I'll probably sell them at my sister's yearly garage sale this summer for not much...oh well. 

Thanks. I only have a few more days to decide. I think I'll carry the bag tomorow and see how I feel. It really is beautiful and I love the color. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval