Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,885
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

Just finished watching, (don't know her name but she is..) the younger, blonde, new rep for Dooney bags...I had her on in the corner of my iPad as I was doing some things online...she was excellent doing her own show! I'd like to watch all the Dooney shows with just her. Nothing against others, but it was just less distracting than watching a host and the rep from home, or even two people on air... and she's very good at the job.

 

She is upbeat, personable, knowledgeable and passionate about the brand, thorough, and articulate. Young and refreshing, without acting childish (like some of the older reps and hosts can do.)

 

I was not one who was on the bandwagon of "we don't need hosts" and I'm still not advocating for that in every instance. Sometimes they really help to move the show in the direction it needs to go, "take care of the business end" as the rep focuses only on informing us of the brand.

 

But in this instance I really enjoyed her presenting one of my favorite Q brands~wish I knew her name, I'd give her the proper shoutout...but more QVC2 with just her please! 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 68,891
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

I thought QVC announced that Sue Clifton was returning some time ago.  So where is she?  As Amyb said the other rep is very polished and excellent.  Maybe we don't need Sue?  Dooney is lucky to have such good choices. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
Posts: 65,634
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

[ Edited ]

Are there three now? I never watch anymore but I knew there was Sue, supposedly returning, Ashley and another one. I watched just long enough to see who she was, but wouldn't have recognized her as Ashley. The problem I have with these home grown presentations is the awful camera work, really bad lighting, as with this video, and all too often the vendor is given one item in one color to present and then they default back to pictures from QVC's websites for the other colors, which isn't helpful. It's just pointless to be showing pictures from a web page on screen. 


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
Posts: 475
Registered: ‎04-29-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!


@Kachina624 wrote:

I thought QVC announced that Sue Clifton was returning some time ago.  So where is she?  As Amyb said the other rep is very polished and excellent.  Maybe we don't need Sue?  Dooney is lucky to have such good choices. 


@Kachina624   Sue's husband passed away in Feb. She has been taking time off.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,429
Registered: ‎07-12-2010

Re: Ashley Bellman...Excellent!

QVC552.png

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,885
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!


@lil spot wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I thought QVC announced that Sue Clifton was returning some time ago.  So where is she?  As Amyb said the other rep is very polished and excellent.  Maybe we don't need Sue?  Dooney is lucky to have such good choices. 


@Kachina624   Sue's husband passed away in Feb. She has been taking time off.


Oh no...that's terrible. So sorry to hear that. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,885
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

[ Edited ]

Just to be clear...I always loved Sue's knowledge and presentations also.

 

When I say I'd love to watch all the Dooney shows with just this rep...I meant I liked having it just the rep, no host needed. And she did a great job. But I still like Sue Clifton too.

 

I get what other commenter said about limitations of all the colors of bags not there in person...that didn't bother me this time...but then, I wasn't buying today. Still, even when I watched Dooney being presented on tv, with full range of colors, and I was buying...I'd still go online to check them out. Can do the same with these presentations as well. Just me. I get it, if others feel they want to see all the colors on screen.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,150
Registered: ‎03-31-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

[ Edited ]

Ashley Bellman, who has been with Dooney since 2013, did the remote show today on QVC2 from her home.  She is great and is also on New York Live - a local WNBC show in the New York metropolitan market.  She presents various fashion and lifestyle segments and is sometimes a co-host when one of the regulars is off.  

 

The other reps are Adrian Kiss, a fashion stylist in New York City, who has been with Dooney a few years now.  She used to be with the Q on the Beauty IQ channel before they cancelled it.

 

Of course, our longtime rep is Sue Clifton, who is one of Dooney's executive directors.  After losing her husband in February, she has taken some time off, but Mary Beith Roe said she would be back.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,885
Registered: ‎04-05-2010

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!


@stellabystarlight wrote:

Ashley Bellman, who has been with Dooney since 2013, did the remote show today on QVC2 from her home.  She is great and is also on New York Live - a local WNBC show in the New York metropolitan market.  She presents various fashion and lifestyle segments and is sometimes a co-host when one of the regulars is off.  

 

The other reps are Adrian Kiss, a fashion stylist in New York City, who has been with Dooney a few years now.  She used to be with the Q on the Beauty IQ channel before they cancelled it.

 

Of course, our longtime rep is Sue Clifton, who is one of Dooney's executive directors.  After losing her husband in February, she has taken some time off, but Mary Beith Roe said she would be back.


Thanks for all that! Explains why she was so polished and adept at the job~good experience there. I don't recall ever seeing Adrian Kiss, but maybe if I saw her again I'd realize I have.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,733
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: That (Newish) Dooney Rep Who Just Did Her Own Show on QVC2...Excellent!

i don't normally watch D & B presentations simply because i have no need for a handbag, not anything against the product.  i was channel flipping and came across this presentation.  honestly, she was good enough that i watched the entire show!   i kept wondering who she was , so i'm glad to see this thread.  i agree with @amyb that she is very good at her job !!