Valued Contributor

I’m looking for a purse in the grey tone from Dooney.  I’ve seen the grey, the taupe and the elephant and I can’t tell the difference. Does anyone have those colors and could tell me the difference ?  Thanks 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Taupe, grey, and elephant?

Hi. I would say that taupe is the lightest color, kind of a mushroom shade. I have a pebble leather Dooney bag in the elephant color, which is a mid tone shade. It's a combo of taupe and grey.  The grey shade is the deepest of the three, more of a charcoal. (Unless you're referring to the color smoke, which is very light).  All are neutrals and will go with any color. Are you looking for light, medium, or dark? Hope this was helpful. 

Respected Contributor

Elephant? Probably not the best name for a color they could use.

Honored Contributor

@StylishLadywrote:

may be 

but it is a wonderful color

and elephants are cute

Esteemed Contributor

I just got the pebble leather Janie tote in elephant.It’s definitely a taupey grey.It’s a beautiful neutral. It’s more of a medium shade rather than a light color.

Trusted Contributor

I have the saffiano Lexington in elephant.  Love the color.  It’s darker than taupe. The color of an elephant!   

Honored Contributor

@StylishLadywrote:

Elephant is my favorite Dooney color, and the name is spot on; it's a beautiful color.

And elephants are beautiful too.  Love them.

Honored Contributor

@QuinnPennywrote:

I’m looking for a purse in the grey tone from Dooney.  I’ve seen the grey, the taupe and the elephant and I can’t tell the difference. Does anyone have those colors and could tell me the difference ?  Thanks 

I think you probably want grey.  Taupe is grey/beige, and elephant is grey/brown (with a hint of a rosy shade.)

Honored Contributor

Is "elephant" embossed so it looks like elephant hide?

Honored Contributor

Even within the Dooney line, colors of the same name will vary depending on the specific bag and the leather used to make it... Of those choices, I'll always opt for taupe... Then again, I'm not a big fan of greys other than pale soft grey or blue-grey...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...