Honored Contributor

Back from the vault, Tiganello bags have made a few appearances over the last week. I haven’t checked to see if all leather or still constructed w/ man-made handles or trims. 

Regular Contributor

I share your enthusiasm,  I have many Tig bags I have collected over the years.  I love the organization.  I never liked a bag without at least a divider.  Need outside pockets too and Tig bags always had that.  The bags I see at too small for my needs,  but I will keep looking.  

Respected Contributor

I did notice that yesterday and thought I haven't seen that brand in a long time.  

Honored Contributor

Before anyone gets too excited... it appears as though Tig might well be on the way to becoming just another QVC house brand. Go to their website and click on 'Shop Tignanello'. It takes you directly to the QVC website, where there are fewer than a dozen silhouettes available. Not looking particularly auspicious to me. The fact is that Tig, the old Tig, used to be part of the Van Zeeland handbag empire (together with her own brand and the Makowski brand) and was sold years ago. The new owner was more than likely responsible for the cheaper, not all leather, bags. No idea who owns the brand now, but it's looking like some sort of deal has been struck with QVC.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: TIG BAGS ARE BACK!

[ Edited ]

I Loved Tig bags before they added the cruddy pleather.  I own several colors of that popular crossbody they made. It was probably the very first crossbody bag, nice little size, cute style, curved top, lots of organization, all leather, about $50 bucks back in the day... The beauty was all these features, real soft leather for about $50 bucks!  

I saw what they are bringing now, and it’s a new story, kinda plain, and $150.  I don’t see it catching on...

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update StevieB,  that makes sense and sad to know.  Glad I have a few to carry for a while.   I change my handbag every so often,  switching for the season or just because.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing this. I was a huge Tig bag owner and was very sad when they left. I haven't seen them yet but will be on the lookout for them. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing...think I will just continue to enjoy my current Tig bags for now and hope they bring back new styles.

Super Contributor

No Tig for me...I bought a TSV bag years ago and within 2 months the handles were peeling (learned quickly they were not leather and this wasn't disclosed at the time on air) as well as the bottom started peeling away. It was under $100 so I should have known better...cheap quality patched leather plus pleather.

Trusted Contributor

I have the real leather one I must have bought ten years ago and I still have not carried it as of yet.   It is a nice bag but just not as long as the bags I am currently carry.  Maybe one day will get it out and break it in lol. It has like 10 compartments in it and that was the reason I got it.