Honored Contributor

Re: Super Saturday-G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo Handbag

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

In the natural light my handbag is a wine color,  with the darker black coloring in the pattern.  

The only negative things I can say about it are the size and the weight... which were all clear in the description.   I have to unstuff it and see how it carries with my things inside.   I tend to buy bags smaller than this and more structured,  so this handbag is outside of my comfort zone.   But the hardware is so lovely and I really like the snake embossing, so that is why I ordered it in the first place.

@Lavenderjunkie I love the wine color -- looks sort of like mulberry to me. If you "train" it like LR recommended with the Romas it will form more of an a-line shape. I've found that this sueded material, which is lighter than the other popular Gili stirrup style bags, given time, molds better to the body when wearing over the shoulder than the other leather options.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Serendipity:

Wishing they'd do a dramatic reduction in price for the exotic lizard. Love those subtle greens. Sigh.

@1Professor I have to admit to ordering and returning this bag. It's lovely, and has more structure than the other similar style bags. But at the end of the day, I just couldn't justify the high pricetag. Especially the $120 hike since December for a returned bag that wasn't wrapped. They only made 430. But if they do drop it ... 

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

And here's a view of the interior - there are snaps on each side to expand the top part to the 7-1/2" depth.   All in all, this looks great - sturdy cotton canvas on the outside and laminated on the inside.

20150730_171623.jpg

@MissRose722-thx for posting these pic's. Your tote is unique & a great buy- enjoy!!!

I received my Alex and Ani bracelets-another fab buy; anxiously awaiting the GILI "super saturday" hobo. Feels great to contribute to a great cause AND pick up some nice items at such reduced price points/50% off!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

And here's a view of the interior - there are snaps on each side to expand the top part to the 7-1/2" depth.   All in all, this looks great - sturdy cotton canvas on the outside and laminated on the inside.

20150730_171623.jpg

@MissRose722-thx for posting these pic's. Your tote is unique & a great buy- enjoy!!!

I received my Alex and Ani bracelets-another fab buy; anxiously awaiting the GILI "super saturday" hobo. Feels great to contribute to a great cause AND pick up some nice items at such reduced price points/50% off!

Thanks so much, Chi-town girl and it sounds like you made some great buys on Super Saturday as well!  Enjoy both your bracelets and the GILI!  And I agree 100% about contributing to a great cause while picking up items at a very nice discount! 

Contributor

Just received my Gili Stirrup in the shiny brown - gorgeous !!   It is much more lightweight than the other Gili Stirrup Hobos in my opinion.

Thanks to 1Professor and all the others who gave reviews for this bag.  It's a keeper.

Respected Contributor

Sadly,  I'm returning my GILI stirrup hobo.  As I posted earlier, the bag is beautiful and very well made.   I love the hardware and the wine color and the embossed exotic leather.  But,  the bag is just too big for me.  The combination of the depth and the length make it just too much for me to carry.  And yes,  all the dimensions were listed and I knew the size before I ordered it.  But it just doesn't work for me.   I would order a smaller version if it were available to some point.   I was impressed with the quality elements of the design including the hardware and the way the straps were secured.

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722  I too ordered the Bendel tote...  A pleasant surprise for me, I wasn't expecting it to be as appealing as it turned out to be.   Large, but versatile.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

ITA, stevieb - so glad you purchased this too!  Enjoy!