Honored Contributor

Re: Super Saturday-G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo Handbag

@1Professor wrote:

@Lavenderjunkie:

Congratulations on your wonderful new bag! I have the blue and absolutely adore carrying it.

Ditto @Lavenderjunkie!

@1Professor Did you receive your brown one yet?

Honored Contributor

@MissRose722 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

S7802 

Henri Bendel Striped Packable Tote $44.00

Haute tote. Signature brown and white stripes are just the starting point for everything sensational about this packable Henri Bendel tote. This buzz-worthy bag boasts convenient double handles and a vivid signature detail, while the roomy, laminated interior is perfect for toting farmers market finds in high fashion. From Henri Bendel.

• Brown and white stripes, double handles, snap closure
  • Laminated interior, back-wall zip pocket
  • Measures approximately 18-1/2"W x 13-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D with a 5-1/2" handle drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 7 oz
  • Body 100% cotton; lining 100% PVC; trim 100% polyurethane
  • Imported

Although the Muxo crossbody was sold out, I was able to purchase the Henri Bendel tote before that one was gone.  Will post when I receive it Woman Happy

@MissRose722-that tote is much larger than it appears to be in the website photo. It looks cool/different from the typical tote, please post a review!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Received the Gili exotic stirrup hobo today (super fast!) in the dark brown -- it's new, completely wrapped, including the paper tab at top. Hope everyone has similar experience!

And it's still showing as available.

@1Professor I'm still surprised! Smiley Happy

@Serendipity-Excited to read about your order! I think the brown is a new color? I didn't buy it when it was 1st presented. Such an awesome handbag + price/value. I should have my order for the brown on Friday. Yay!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Lavenderjunkie:

Congratulations on your wonderful new bag! I have the blue and absolutely adore carrying it.

Ditto @Lavenderjunkie!

@1Professor Did you receive your brown one yet?

@Serendipity: I ended up cancelled the brown GILI order. I realized I would rarely carry it, since I have the blue and would always choose that one. Used the money, instead, to buy this treasure from Anuschka:

149835_1_1 copy.jpeg

Respected Contributor

In the natural light my handbag is a wine color,  with the darker black coloring in the pattern.  

The only negative things I can say about it are the size and the weight... which were all clear in the description.   I have to unstuff it and see how it carries with my things inside.   I tend to buy bags smaller than this and more structured,  so this handbag is outside of my comfort zone.   But the hardware is so lovely and I really like the snake embossing, so that is why I ordered it in the first place.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@MissRose722 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

S7802 

Henri Bendel Striped Packable Tote $44.00

Haute tote. Signature brown and white stripes are just the starting point for everything sensational about this packable Henri Bendel tote. This buzz-worthy bag boasts convenient double handles and a vivid signature detail, while the roomy, laminated interior is perfect for toting farmers market finds in high fashion. From Henri Bendel.

• Brown and white stripes, double handles, snap closure
  • Laminated interior, back-wall zip pocket
  • Measures approximately 18-1/2"W x 13-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D with a 5-1/2" handle drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 7 oz
  • Body 100% cotton; lining 100% PVC; trim 100% polyurethane
  • Imported

Although the Muxo crossbody was sold out, I was able to purchase the Henri Bendel tote before that one was gone.  Will post when I receive it Woman Happy

@MissRose722-that tote is much larger than it appears to be in the website photo. It looks cool/different from the typical tote, please post a review!

Here it is, Chi-town girl - just received it today!  I measured the dimensions and they are as described on the original listing (18-1/2" W x 13-1/2" H x 7-1/2" D, with a 5-1/2" handle drop).  I think the horizontal stripes make it appear larger.  But it is a very roomy tote!

20150730_171814.jpg

Super Contributor

And here's a view of the interior - there are snaps on each side to expand the top part to the 7-1/2" depth.   All in all, this looks great - sturdy cotton canvas on the outside and laminated on the inside.

20150730_171623.jpg

Valued Contributor

Great bag for the beach, pool!  Enjoy.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

Great bag for the beach, pool!  Enjoy.

Thanks so much - and it's indeed ideal for the beach and pool!  And it folds down nicely so it can be packed into a carryon suitcase Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor That makes sense, professor. The blue would have been my choice too! Lovely new bag too, the silhouette is fabulous!

@Chi-town girl Chi, the brown was an original option, along with wine and the quickly sold out blue. My guess is that the price (and nonairing) kept them in warehouses. Looks like most folks are getting them in original wrapping. Hope you do too!

@MissRose722 The Bendel bag looks very cute and practical to boot. Nice one! Kinda wishing I had ordered it.