Honored Contributor

Re: Super Saturday-G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo Handbag

Still showing available as of this morning at the reduced price in brown, in case anyone was interested and thought they missed it.

S7983 G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Still showing available as of this morning at the reduced price in brown, in case anyone was interested and thought they missed it.

S7983 G.I.L.I. Leather Exotic Stirrup Hobo

Color me utterly surprised, @Serendipity!! 

Wonder if it means they had LOTS of the bags, for a long time? Returns? (Of course, it could mean they just have 1 or 2 left, I suppose.)

Super Contributor

Yes, I do believe they had lots of bags for a long time. Remember, this item has been available for at least 10 months -- they are simply advertising it as "new" merchandise for Super Saturday. I truly hope that everyone who purchased gets a bag that is in pristine condition but I fear many may be previous returns as I'm sure they didn't order a new production run of this bag for SS, despite the "new". This is the main reason I didn't purchase, despite it being a lovely bag at an improved price and for a great cause.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor LR said they had brought in over 800 in the three colors, including the sold out blue (that compares to 400-plus for the "limited edition" lizard exotic and 700 for the vintage).

Don't believe it ever aired again after original presentation, and then the price increased to $472, so I'm hoping that was a deterrant and they (original returns or not) have simply been sitting in the warehouse in good shape. Guess we'll see! (Your blue one came wrapped, didn't it?)

Since it sold out yesterday before airing, I'm thinking there are just a few left from cancellations -- there weren't that many to go around in the first place.

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity:

Wishing they'd do a dramatic reduction in price for the exotic lizard. Love those subtle greens. Sigh.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

S7802 

Henri Bendel Striped Packable Tote $44.00

Haute tote. Signature brown and white stripes are just the starting point for everything sensational about this packable Henri Bendel tote. This buzz-worthy bag boasts convenient double handles and a vivid signature detail, while the roomy, laminated interior is perfect for toting farmers market finds in high fashion. From Henri Bendel.

• Brown and white stripes, double handles, snap closure
  • Laminated interior, back-wall zip pocket
  • Measures approximately 18-1/2"W x 13-1/2"H x 7-1/2"D with a 5-1/2" handle drop; weighs approximately 1 lb, 7 oz
  • Body 100% cotton; lining 100% PVC; trim 100% polyurethane
  • Imported

Although the Muxo crossbody was sold out, I was able to purchase the Henri Bendel tote before that one was gone.  Will post when I receive it Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Received the Gili exotic stirrup hobo today (super fast!) in the dark brown -- it's new, completely wrapped, including the paper tab at top. Hope everyone has similar experience!

And it's still showing as available.

@1Professor I'm still surprised! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

Received the Gili exotic stirrup hobo today (super fast!) in the dark brown -- it's new, completely wrapped, including the paper tab at top. Hope everyone has similar experience!

And it's still showing as available.

@1Professor I'm still surprised! Smiley Happy

@Serendipity: AND you donated to an outstanding cause! The price is nothing short of amazing! Congrats on your truly NEW bag? A prize.

Respected Contributor

My GILI Exotic Stirrup Hobo from the super Saturday sale just arrived. Plastic on the handles, buckle, tassel, and inside zipper pull. Lots of stuffing. Looks like a brand new bag.

It's a beautifully made handbag. The hardware is good quality and very nice looking. The leather is thick but soft. I ordered the wine, but in the florescent light I can't tell if it's wine or a cool brown shade. In either case it's very pretty and marbled with black. I checked over all the stitching and it looks perfect.

It's a big bag, and heavy.  But that is no surprise, since all the info was in the description.   Tomorrow I'll see what the color looks like in natural light and purse pose in front of a mirror with a handbag organizer inside.

I hope everyone who bought this bag is happy when it arrives.

Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie:

Congratulations on your wonderful new bag! I have the blue and absolutely adore carrying it.