Contributor

Suggestions to Hosts forImproving your Handbag Presentations!

Although you are all lovely hosts who I enjoy watching, I'd like to make some suggestions that will make I and many other customers happier with your handbag presentations.  The fact that I'm having to communicate this to all hosts, tells me that improvements need to be made so that customers are more well-informed about the products that you're selling.  To narrow this down, I'm referring to those hosts who are selling Lug and Think Rolyn bags, as those are the only brands I'm interested in purchasing at QVC, but this is important information that could be applied to your presentation for any handbag brand.  

I realize that the network alots you a specific and minimal amount of time to show the bags or products, and keeping this in mind, time is of the essence for describing  every facet of the products you're selling.  Therefore, please refrain from the following:

1.  Talking at length with the guests whose products you're selling.  Quite frankly, I'm not interested in anything but you describing the product in full, thereby leaving me with enough information to make a decision on purchasing the items being presented.  This is not a social event for you and the guest, but rather it's an opportunity for you to sell products to willing and excited customers who require you to thoroughly present the products you're displaying.   

2.  Due to limited presentation time, get to the color choices first, which most of you do, but also display the interiors of the bags immediately afterwards and show linings and features, because that's critical information to determine if the bag and the customer are a good fit.  Both brands have amazing interior linings, so don't short-change the designers and the customers by skipping over that information because you're short on time.  I've heard Ami from Lug actually have to ask hosts to show the interior linings, and that's unforgiveale to me and totally unavoidable if you were focusing on the specifics of what you're selling.       

3.  Give CORRECT information, because customers are depending on your accurate descriptions to make informed choices, and when you get it wrong, you create unhappy customers and possible costly returns when this could've been prevented by giving customers the necessary information about the products you're presenting.     

Recently, there was a Think Rolyn presentation where the host said the handbag strap was reversible, which I not only contacted Think Rolyn about, but I also then shared Think Rolyn's response in the question/answer section of the product page online.  Logic told me that based on the construction of the strap, there was NO possible way for it to be reversible, meaning that the adjustable strap could be used on both the solid side as well as the patterned side.  For some this would've been a game changer if they didn't like the permanent side which was patterned, but the host didn't give the correct information, which has annoyed people via the comments of those who purchased this bag.  I bought four of these bags and love them, but I had to wait to get them in my possession before I could examine the strap as well as see all of their interiors when that should've been presented by the host.

4.  Without fail, for those customers who rely only on your information in the TV presentation and who don't have access to a computer or smart phone for ordering, give the ldimensions of the handbags including length, width, and depth.  I don't think you'd purchase a bag from a store if you didn't know the dimensions, so please think like a customer instead of the seller.  It's really quite simple, you are the customers' eyes, and by taking your jobs more seriously and presenting ALL of the facts regarding the handbags, we will be happier customers in the long run.  I look forward to more improved presentations, and thank you in advance, for making positive changes in your presentations.

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions to Hosts forImproving your Handbag Presentations!

The hosts aren't on this forum.

Honored Contributor

@Lovin2Learn You wasted a lot of time as the hosts don't read these forums.

Respected Contributor

No one will read this. You're getting no where posting on this forum.

Respected Contributor

QVC has sold multi millions of hand bags for over 30 years. I think they do a fine job.

Respected Contributor

Boy, I can remember years ago when a Friday evening host, without prompting, discussed the dimensions of the bag, length of straps, zippered pockets, etc. Seemed it was almost as if she was actually trying to sell the product. 

Now I'll flip through during a commercial and quickly flip back to what I was watching. Just can't watch what I find to be an unfocused mess.

Regular Contributor

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERY WORD YOU SAID!!!

So what the hostes don't read these posts, the people that really can and SHOULD do something do monitor  and read these posts!  So you go girl.

Most of the time the hosts get so "full" of themselves they actually forget they are there to sell and selling means showing the product!

Honored Contributor

While I know you meant well, comments like this are probably better off in the Suggestion Box section.  Look to your left at the list of Forum topics, down to the bottom, and you'll see the Suggestion Box.  

Also, don't get too wordy.     No matter how good the suggestions are, if it's too long, people won't bother to read the whole thing.

By the way .... welcome to these message boards!     There are no shortage of opinions here.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lovin2Learn,

Very well said!

Thumbs Up Emoticon - Beautiful Emoji Queen Duvet, transparent png download

Honored Contributor

Anyone remember when when a host( I think it was LM ) threw one across the stage? What a mess that was.