Contributor

I am considering buying a Travelon Anti-theft bag. I notice the strap has some sort of metal cording??? Doesn't that dig into your shoulder? I get the concern about credit card chip theft, but also want a comfortable bag. 

Ladies who carry the Travelon bags... what do you think???

Thanks for all input!!!

Honored Contributor

I use a Travelon bag wherever I go when I travel. I have had people bump into me and felt a tug.....were they trying to cut the strap of my handbag? Hard to tell, but I always feel safe with that handbag. 

The strap on the one I have is not uncomfortable at all, even though it is reinforced with anti-theft mesh inside of the strap. I don't know if there are different degrees of strength or weight, which may make one Travelon handbag uncomfortable and another one comfortable. Mine is fine and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Honored Contributor

They are very comfortable bags. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had one Travelon bag and I could not keep the strap from slipping into long crossbody....when I wanted to carry it over my arm or hold it in my hand...the strap would slide back to the longest length...

I should have sent it back....but didn't...just gave it away...now I am afraid to purchase any more of that line...especially since returns cost a fortune...

Respected Contributor

I bought the last Travelon TSV cross body with the matching wallet this past summer.  The strap is very comfortable on mine.  I've been using a Travelon bag for several years. I like the organization and the bags are lightweight. 

Frequent Contributor

I have been carrying a Travelon crossbody every day for about six months, and the strap has been very comfortable.  I have shoulder problems, and often have to replace the straps on bags, but this one is fine as is.  Even with the reinforcement, it's just as flexible as fabric.

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I had one Travelon bag and I could not keep the strap from slipping into long crossbody....when I wanted to carry it over my arm or hold it in my hand...the strap would slide back to the longest length...

I should have sent it back....but didn't...just gave it away...now I am afraid to purchase any more of that line...especially since returns cost a fortune...

EXACTLY what happened to two bags I bought!  No matter what I did the strap would slip from the shoulder size to the long crossbody and hated that.  I've since gotten rid of mine too and won't buy another one.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@circles wrote:

EXACTLY what happened to two bags I bought!  No matter what I did the strap would slip from the shoulder size to the long crossbody and hated that.  I've since gotten rid of mine too and won't buy another one.....

All of my Travelon bags have a keeper on the strap to prevent this from happening.If you remove the keeper this will occur. Why did you remove the keeper?