Valued Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

Lol, told ya..... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

I do remember you telling me about the April Hallmark movie... Well, most movies never live up to books, do they? I still need to track down Charlaine Harris mysteries, but I am doing well finding some others you recommended. Mom finished the three by Victoria Abbott and said they were good! Now she's back to reading the latest Joanne Fluke book (Double Fudge Brownie...). I found a few Dorothy Howell and Elizabeth Duncan novels, as well as some of the Mary Daheim books (although it's hard to find the Alpine books...people hold onto them, I guess!).

I hope you have a nice Easter, sister stevieb...with your (our?) Mom! I'm so not ready for it as it's so early this year, but here it comes tomorrow already anyway! Smile

And a Happy Easter to you... It's a bit of a bittersweet holiday for us due to losses we associate with this time of year, but I'll have dinner with mother and we'll visit for a while... This year, it also happens to fall on her birthday, interestingly enough...

Yes, more times than not, the books are better... They haven't done a bad job with this though... If you look for CH novels, my personal opinion is to stick with this series. She has a number of them, but the Aurora Teagarden series is the most believable and, to me, best written...

The Alpine series probably hasn't developed quite the following that her B&B series has, but I love it! Too bad you're having trouble finding them... I just picked up one of the B&B novels today... Both series are fun, but I just like the small town 'cozy' atmosphere of the Alpine stories... Besides, as you get more and more into the B&B series the main characters can sometimes wear on you... Judith seems to become increasingly histrionic and Renie seems to become increasingly quirky, but the stories are usually still pretty good... Dahiem is one of my very favorite cozy writers... Yes, I did really, really enjoy the Victoria Abbot novels... Can't wait for the next one...

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I've been doing some cleaning and found bags tucked away in their dustbags with tags still on, bags I forgot I had. I was wondering how far from normal and close to an episode of Hoarding I was.

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Valued Contributor

Lol Smiley Happy well, it's hard to keep track of the bags if they are covered in dust bags. I collected all of my bags the other day and took a group pic Smiley Wink I'm trying to look at it every time I'm tempted to buy a new bag now....
Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 tough_kitty said: Lol Smiley Happy well, it's hard to keep track of the bags if they are covered in dust bags. I collected all of my bags the other day and took a group pic Smiley Wink I'm trying to look at it every time I'm tempted to buy a new bag now....

Brilliant! I'm going to steal that idea. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

EEL, it's a pretty bag but I personally don't buy anything that isn't 100% leather. Unless, it's not a leather-like bag at all.
Honored Contributor

I saw those handbags and I loved the snake. I have several tigs. One black crossbody is still one of my favorites (all leather even the trim and strap).

I liked the GILI micro but it didn't have very good reviews on the zippers. But I still think it is cute and would make a great wallet in a large handbag.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Krissie2 said:

I've been doing some cleaning and found bags tucked away in their dustbags with tags still on, bags I forgot I had. I was wondering how far from normal and close to an episode of Hoarding I was.

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Oh boy, I crossed the line a while ago... I'd say you're on the cusp...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

I was going through one of the closets earlier today, because I wanted to change bags and into something never used before... I was recounting to my mother after I returned from running errands that I was chagrined to realize I'd forgotten about so many of the bags in the closet... Not that many were unused... but that's only one closet... out of many... and there were more than a few that hadn't even been unstuffed. Then, she reminded me that I have a box or two of bags at her house as well... In honesty, I'd guess I'm well into double digits as far as the number unused and I'm really not saying how far into double digits that goes... I'm not being coy, I just don't know... Inventory is a work in progress around my house... It's serious intervention time... past time... My name is stevieb and...

Cool

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I never leave the tags on, then no one knows they are newSmile

I do have several that I haven't used. I bought 2 cute cloth TIGS 2 years ago and have never carried them. So Bad.

stevieb, I think you have passed me a long time ago{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Does it count if it is a second-hand store handbag{#emotions_dlg.confused1}