Super Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

On 4/4/2015 tough_kitty said: I just looked up the newest boxy ugly satchels, which were made of Italian Leather. Some reviews are bad, but wow, some ladies actually love those bags. Good for them.

Yes, it's the two satchels with the exotic handles, etc. I like the exotic with the leather, and was interested in these at first, but between the reviews and the price increases, not so much anymore.

Plus they both have the hardware that has failed on some of the Milano's, though I've yet to read a review of any of the other bags that have that same hardware where it broke.

I'm watching Jill Martin present the new GILI micro bag, and I hate to say it, but I'm not warming up to her. At all.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/4/2015 athenian said: Hi Boehm, no, I don't regret it. I will try the good ideas here to help my concerns. But I think it is a more dress up bag than a throw it in the car bag. I'm going to carry it tomorrow. By the way, that new GILI was very nice, though I don't think I can cope without a top zipper.

Hi athenian .. thanks for your response. I am going to try looking for a ring with a leash clip to make up for the lack of a key leash. Regards, Maria

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 athenian said: Just a quick update on my Coach Smythe which I just started carrying. It is still a pretty bag, a peachy pink nude. However it is quite limp, and when I put my keys, etc., in the zip pocket and my phone in the slip opposite, their weight makes the sides slump together so that it's hard to find anything in the bag. The outside slip pocket is too narrow and small to fit my car keys or even a letter. And no key leash. I actually am considering cutting up a cat leash and sewing it to the lining of the bag! So it will be going out on Easter, but will never be an every day favorite. I really learned what I like in a bag.

Hi athenian: Yes, as much as you like the look of a handbag, you just never know how it will really work for you until you try it with your items inside, going out and about...getting things in and out...keys, especially! It's really hard to find a "perfect" handbag...

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 stevieb said:

Oh, and I see that the new bag thread is not only closed to discussion but seems to have disappeared altogether... Oh well, it was a really pretty bag! Along with the stunning new GILI, GF also included some new Tig bags, but nothing there for me... I'd post y'all a picture, but we all know it would go bye-bye...

Wink

If they unleash that one any time soon, it's going to be hard to stick to my resolution...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I SAW the new handbag thread from GF, stevieb!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} The new GILI is a much better "smaller" size for me, but I am just not sure about that closure. For the most part, I like a zippered top on my handbags. The woven Tignanello bags looked interesting...I love a woven look.

Honored Contributor

What did everyone think of the new glove leather Tignanello satchel that was in AM Style this morning? It's item number A266991. At 13 1/2""W x 10""H x 5 3/4""D this is a really good-sized satchel for me. So...good sized + EZ pays + reasonable price + interesting colors = !!!!

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Krissie2 said:

Oh, and I see that the new bag thread is not only closed to discussion but seems to have disappeared altogether... Oh well, it was a really pretty bag! Along with the stunning new GILI, GF also included some new Tig bags, but nothing there for me... I'd post y'all a picture, but we all know it would go bye-bye...

Wink

If they unleash that one any time soon, it's going to be hard to stick to my resolution...

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Stevie, are you referring to the stirrup hobo GF posted that has a shoulder strap and feet? I believe black, blue, white, gray, and snake? Or was there another one I missed...

That's the one. The first GILI I've liked enough to buy in a long time... And I think those were all the colors.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I SAW the new handbag thread from GF, stevieb!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} The new GILI is a much better "smaller" size for me, but I am just not sure about that closure. For the most part, I like a zippered top on my handbags. The woven Tignanello bags looked interesting...I love a woven look.

I prefer zippers also, but don't 'insist' on them... I really like the look of this one, but it always goes back to price. If QVC thinks I'm spending upwards of three bills on a no name bag when I can buy a tried and true brand for the same amount they're crazy... I've no idea what it'll sell for and regardless am not ruling it out, but I guess we'll wait and see...

I like a woven look too, but next to the GILI bags, the Tig bags just looked sort of like poor relations... at least to me, though they might play better in person.

Honored Contributor

What did everyone think of the new glove leather Tignanello satchel that was in AM Style this morning? It's item number A266991. At 13 1/2"W x 10"H x 5 3/4"D this is a really good-sized satchel for me. So...good sized + EZ pays + reasonable price + interesting colors = {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} !!!!

Tignanello Glove Leather Pretty Pockets Satchel - A266991

Not for me... I've found a few Tig bags lately that I thought were appealing, but not at QVC prices, when they can be found for about half that elsewhere... More to the point, with just a very few exceptions, Tigs in person almost never look quite as nice as I expect. I still grab a Tig occasionally, but this isn't a brand I really look forward to. And why they had to go to the man-made trim I'll never know...

Super Contributor

What did everyone think of the new glove leather Tignanello satchel that was in AM Style this morning? It's item number A266991. At 13 1/2"W x 10"H x 5 3/4"D this is a really good-sized satchel for me. So...good sized + EZ pays + reasonable price + interesting colors = {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} {#emotions_dlg.blush} !!!!

Tignanello Glove Leather Pretty Pockets Satchel - A266991

I love this color, EEL, and the price is nice, but the Wisteria is now on WL. Probably for the best.

Honored Contributor

Incidentally, that tanzanite ring arrived today and I think it's going back... It's pretty but small and the diamond substitutes are clearly diamond substitutes... It wasn't pricey but neither is it sufficiently special enough to keep for a hundred bucks... or at least that's how I'm leaning now.