Honored Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

On 4/3/2015 tough_kitty said: Well, it IS a very pretty bag!!! Banana color sold out very fast. And it actually has 3 outside pockets! One zip in the back, one in front, and one slip pocket behind the zipped pocket in front.

All the colors are available as of today... Must have been a few cancellations...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 4/2/2015 EdithEllenLily said:
On 4/2/2015 stevieb said:

I did order this one from Evine... but before I made my 'resolution'.

Had a 20% coupon from HSN and had another tanzanite selected there, but it was on clearance so excluded. I prefer this one (larger stone and I like the trillion cut) but the other had real diamond accents... These are white zircon... Obviously, not the tanzanite of my dreams, but appears to be a pretty little ring and had decent reviews for about a hundred...

And as for the purse hiatus, I'm being in full disclosure mode when I say that I'd already planned on buying the oryany TSV if, upon presentation, it looks like it would work for me... I have been looking for an olive leather bag forever... but I'm hoping to make this the only possible exception... And if it's as narrow as most oryany bags, well, I'll skip it.

Wink

Very pretty ring, stevieb! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I know you have been searching for a tanzanite...

Here are the orYANY measurements: 13 1/2" x 7 1/2" x 4"; handle drop, 9"; strap drop, 18"-24". Bag weight approx. 2 lbs.

Thanks EEL... Hoping I like it in person... As I said, not the tanzanite of my dreams, but until something better comes along, hopefully one day... As for the bag, glad to see the measurements, so I can probably rule this one out...

Honored Contributor

Oh my yes... loving some of those Kooba bags that made their premier over on Evine... Pricey little numbers, but some way purtee choices!

Respected Contributor

Yep, I purchased a Dooney... As I noted before, this was the last one on my wishlist that I truly wanted, so while I deleted all the others, I also decided there was no need to cut off my nose to spite my face. It will probably be my last Dooney, at least for a while, based on my resolution, their price points and on what I'm seeing them produce... As I also noted previously, although the Q lists the size as 18", Dooney lists the size as 14". The bag is larger, but not really large. Certainly not the monolith as are some of those made for Q monstrosities...

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Wink

Which one, stevieb? The only Dooney signature I have (and it's large) is the Sutton Hampshire:

Dooney & Bourke Sutton Hampshire Tote

Today, however, I am happily carrying the orange hobo logo-lock [go Giants!]:

Dooney & Bourke Leather Hobo with Logo Lock and Accessories in ORANGE

Honored Contributor

Hi Prof... I nabbed the Hampshire in the original t'moro color from as-is... I guess truly 'large' is relative...

And, as you know, no Logo Lock for me...

Wink

Valued Contributor

Just a quick update on my Coach Smythe which I just started carrying. It is still a pretty bag, a peachy pink nude. However it is quite limp, and when I put my keys, etc., in the zip pocket and my phone in the slip opposite, their weight makes the sides slump together so that it's hard to find anything in the bag. The outside slip pocket is too narrow and small to fit my car keys or even a letter. And no key leash. I actually am considering cutting up a cat leash and sewing it to the lining of the bag! So it will be going out on Easter, but will never be an every day favorite. I really learned what I like in a bag.
Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2015 athenian said: Just a quick update on my Coach Smythe which I just started carrying. It is still a pretty bag, a peachy pink nude. However it is quite limp, and when I put my keys, etc., in the zip pocket and my phone in the slip opposite, their weight makes the sides slump together so that it's hard to find anything in the bag. The outside slip pocket is too narrow and small to fit my car keys or even a letter. And no key leash. I actually am considering cutting up a cat leash and sewing it to the lining of the bag! So it will be going out on Easter, but will never be an every day favorite. I really learned what I like in a bag.

Well, live and learn as they say... It's important for us to realize what suits us and what doesn't when it comes to handbags... They really are an investment so they might as well work for us in addition to being pretty!

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 athenian said: Just a quick update on my Coach Smythe which I just started carrying. It is still a pretty bag, a peachy pink nude. However it is quite limp, and when I put my keys, etc., in the zip pocket and my phone in the slip opposite, their weight makes the sides slump together so that it's hard to find anything in the bag. The outside slip pocket is too narrow and small to fit my car keys or even a letter. And no key leash. I actually am considering cutting up a cat leash and sewing it to the lining of the bag! So it will be going out on Easter, but will never be an every day favorite. I really learned what I like in a bag.

I solved my key problem by putting them on a ring with a leash clip. the ones I own are from COACH. I clip it to the handle/strap ring, or a ring attached to the inside zipper pocket. It's often easier to find than fishing around inside the bag for the key leash.

A handbag organizer insert may give your bag the structure it needs so it doesn't collapse in the middle, plus it will keep the contents organized. I found one I love on Etsy.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 1Professor said:

Yep, I purchased a Dooney... As I noted before, this was the last one on my wishlist that I truly wanted, so while I deleted all the others, I also decided there was no need to cut off my nose to spite my face. It will probably be my last Dooney, at least for a while, based on my resolution, their price points and on what I'm seeing them produce... As I also noted previously, although the Q lists the size as 18", Dooney lists the size as 14". The bag is larger, but not really large. Certainly not the monolith as are some of those made for Q monstrosities...

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Wink

Which one, stevieb? The only Dooney signature I have (and it's large) is the Sutton Hampshire:

Dooney & Bourke Sutton Hampshire Tote

Today, however, I am happily carrying the orange hobo logo-lock [go Giants!]:

Dooney & Bourke Leather Hobo with Logo Lock and Accessories in ORANGE

I love your orange Logo Lock bag! I know it's unpopular on this forum, but I love the soft leather, roomy interior, extra pockets, and kiss lock purse. I have another style in orange and it's the perfect pop of color!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the ideas to help my Coach. It is too pretty and too expensive to sit on the shelf.