Super Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

On 6/6/2015 tough_kitty said: Just found this online.... Amazing advice Smiley Wink https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE76nUSjL8

LOL, excellent advice, especially right before easy pay day.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/31/2015 Boehm Collector said:

Well, I cancelled my order for the Sleeping Beauty Turquoise ring. But I ended up ordering the Coach Stewardess Bag in black that was on sale on the Coach Website. I was looking for a black bag made of smooth leather. This is a very simple, classic handbag. I have a classic smooth leather Coach briefcase my brother gave me approximately 18 years ago that still looks brand new in spite of the fact that I use it often and don't baby it.

Received my bag yesterday. I love the smooth leather. It is a very classic silhouette which I like. And it has a huge interior zip pocket. The bag could have been a bit larger but I think it will still work for me. It has two front open pockets but due to their location and size I wouldn't feel secure putting my cell phone or keys there for fear that they might fall out when the bag is opened.So I haven't decided whether to keep it or not.

Valued Contributor

On 6/6/2015 Boehm Collector said:
On 5/31/2015 Boehm Collector said:

Well, I cancelled my order for the Sleeping Beauty Turquoise ring. But I ended up ordering the Coach Stewardess Bag in black that was on sale on the Coach Website. I was looking for a black bag made of smooth leather. This is a very simple, classic handbag. I have a classic smooth leather Coach briefcase my brother gave me approximately 18 years ago that still looks brand new in spite of the fact that I use it often and don't baby it.

Received my bag yesterday. I love the smooth leather. It is a very classic silhouette which I like. And it has a huge interior zip pocket. The bag could have been a bit larger but I think it will still work for me. It has two front open pockets but due to their location and size I wouldn't feel secure putting my cell phone or keys there for fear that they might fall out when the bag is opened.So I haven't decided whether to keep it or not.

I googled the pictures. It's a pretty bag in all colors. Looks like the tiny pocket up-front would be good for gums and a lipstick, maybe.... but the larger slip pocket should be fine for your phone... Seems like it's a smaller bag, but if that's what you needed, then it should work.
Valued Contributor

On 6/6/2015 Krissie2 said:
On 6/6/2015 tough_kitty said: Just found this online.... Amazing advice Smiley Wink https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE76nUSjL8

LOL, excellent advice, especially right before easy pay day.

So, according to Money Magazine, you can become a millionaire if you don't buy stuff! Not sure that's possible, but this one guy claims he saved $100K in 7-8 years and became a millionaire within 20.... guess if you don't want to enjoy life until you are 40, that can work..... well, in our case, not gonna happen until we are 60 or older, hahaha. Assuming, of course, that we stop buying stuff! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

Let's just be real here. Not going to happen. Period. Unless we inherit it, win the lottery or possibly marry it. Because no one on this board is going to stop buying stuff. End of story.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 6/5/2015 tough_kitty said: Also, I thought it was weird she had room service in Vegas. Either she was by herself or....?? I don't know....but when I was in Vegas I still wanted to go out to eat!

I don't know... Alone or not, if you're worn out from a day of running around, or maybe you just want to be alone with yourself or your companion, and you're staying in a really nice hotel with a really good kitchen, why not... I love room service once in a while!

Valued Contributor

On 6/6/2015 stevieb said:
On 6/5/2015 tough_kitty said: Also, I thought it was weird she had room service in Vegas. Either she was by herself or....?? I don't know....but when I was in Vegas I still wanted to go out to eat!

I don't know... Alone or not, if you're worn out from a day of running around, or maybe you just want to be alone with yourself or your companion, and you're staying in a really nice hotel with a really good kitchen, why not... I love room service once in a while!

Maybe so.... I personally don't like to pay for delivery if I have two working legs and can get it myself Smiley Happy more $ to spend on something better...
Super Contributor

Let's just be real here. Not going to happen. Period. Unless we inherit it, win the lottery or possibly marry it. Because no one on this board is going to stop buying stuff. End of story.

Sad, but true. I'm lucky that I don't have the tempting B&M stores near me that many others here do. If I could stay off shopping channels and websites, that would help, though the web tracking knows just what pop up ads to throw at me.

I'm watching a marathon of Hoarding while cleaning today, and it's sobering, especially when you see rooms full of QVC and HSN boxes! I wonder what the tipping point is for those people.

On that note - Happy Saturday!

Honored Contributor

On 6/6/2015 tough_kitty said:

Maybe so.... I personally don't like to pay for delivery if I have two working legs and can get it myself Smiley Happy more $ to spend on something better...

Well, as is so often the case, different strokes and different priorities... Sometimes, being catered to is one of life's little luxuries... And sometimes, life's little luxuries can be as nice as more 'things'...

Wink

Super Contributor

On 6/6/2015 tough_kitty said:

Personally, I would take room service any day, even in Vegas. I love peace and quiet, and being able to eat a nice dinner that someone else fixed in my pj's or sweats after a long day would be the ultimate treat for me.