Honored Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

Edith{#emotions_dlg.lol} I was going to order a handbag tonight because of the Ez-pay but decided to save it for our trip.

Yes, it sounds like you made a haul{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I need to find wallets for a couple of my handbags. It just goes against everything carrying a handbag with a different brand wallet{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Wow, you've been on some binge... I might have fallen off the wagon, EEL, but you took a nose dive off of it... Good sale on the Dooneys but I don't like the locks at any price... Altogether a different set of circumstances, but the same thing applies: There are truly no words...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I too would like the Dani bag, in either black or grey, but in my case, one will suffice... Yes, a clearance price would be good, since I don't want it bad enough to pay what they're asking for it... Likewise, with regard to the Ripka ring, I'm afraid the ring alone will have to suffice. I do like bangles but am not really wanting the other pieces. In fact, not even sure I'll like the ring, but find it interesting enough to want to find out, even if I lose the shipping should it be a return. I'm not thinking it will be though. If anything is to go back, it might end up being the Bixby citrine, but I'll have to wait and see.

A pleasant weekend here, and beautiful weather. Hope yours was enjoyable too.

PS... No, I haven't been reading James Joyce...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hello stevieb,

I really enjoy reading this thread. I really wanted the "TIG" cloud blue distressed leather hobo but then I think, I can't even carry all the handbags that I have now. And it was a good price. Well, I will keep it in mind if it gets any cheaper.

Please let us know how you like the ring. I love blue topaz. I wish when I was young I would of bought a gold or brown topaz. Yes, it was the November birthstone.

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

Edith{#emotions_dlg.lol} I was going to order a handbag tonight because of the Ez-pay but decided to save it for our trip.

Yes, it sounds like you made a haul{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I need to find wallets for a couple of my handbags. It just goes against everything carrying a handbag with a different brand wallet{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Well, SGH, I've been LEARNING on this forum that you don't have to MATCH your wallet...it just needs to COORDINATE...Wink So right now I'm using a croco leather Stone Mountain wallet in my Tignanello Glove Leather satchel! I prefer to match, but when I have a wallet in the same color as a new handbag, the brand thing goes out the window! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2015 stevieb said:

Wow, you've been on some binge... I might have fallen off the wagon, EEL, but you took a nose dive off of it... Good sale on the Dooneys but I don't like the locks at any price... Altogether a different set of circumstances, but the same thing applies: There are truly no words...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I too would like the Dani bag, in either black or grey, but in my case, one will suffice... Yes, a clearance price would be good, since I don't want it bad enough to pay what they're asking for it... Likewise, with regard to the Ripka ring, I'm afraid the ring alone will have to suffice. I do like bangles but am not really wanting the other pieces. In fact, not even sure I'll like the ring, but find it interesting enough to want to find out, even if I lose the shipping should it be a return. I'm not thinking it will be though. If anything is to go back, it might end up being the Bixby citrine, but I'll have to wait and see.

The order I canceled was for the Dani in storm grey and the matching quilted wallet, and the other two colors I want are black and blue...hoping for a clearance price!!!

Oh, that's good you had a beautiful weather with your pleasant weekend. I spent a lot of time over at Mom's place...she has ailments and the off and on rainy weather does not help. We did some exercises and she was better, though. Oh boy, I don't like this getting older thing at all...

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2015 Sister Golden Hair said:

Hello stevieb,

I really enjoy reading this thread. I really wanted the "TIG" cloud blue distressed leather hobo but then I think, I can't even carry all the handbags that I have now. And it was a good price. Well, I will keep it in mind if it gets any cheaper.

Please let us know how you like the ring. I love blue topaz. I wish when I was young I would of bought a gold or brown topaz. Yes, it was the November birthstone.

SGH... this bag often shows up in the as is section for about sixty some bucks. I'd bet this is one that will suffer the peeling man-made portions phenomenon that some folks are having with their Tig bags, but the glazed leather is pretty and the cloud blue is also pretty, so if you're not one to wear a bag out easily, it might be worth thinking about. I saw quite a few of the glazed leather satchels at the Maxx a few months back, but not lately and not the hobos...

I know... I wish I'd have known at a very young age that Imperial Topaz would become so scarce. I always loved it and while the blue in all its incarnations is very pretty, they don't call the other variety "Imperial" for no reason! It's a very rich, classy look while the blue is more or less a dime a dozen. Obviously, I like it, but there's nothing really very special about it.

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2015 EdithEllenLily said:
On 5/25/2015 stevieb said:

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

The order I canceled was for the Dani in storm grey and the matching quilted wallet, and the other two colors I want are black and blue...hoping for a clearance price!!!

Oh, that's good you had a beautiful weather with your pleasant weekend. I spent a lot of time over at Mom's place...she has ailments and the off and on rainy weather does not help. We did some exercises and she was better, though. Oh boy, I don't like this getting older thing at all...

All three colors are appealing. The blue is pretty but no more blue bags for me for a while, so I'm between the black and grey...

My mom too is a bit under the weather, but with a cold, so while I checked in on her by phone and asked several times if she needed me to bring her anything, I steered clear this weekend... I'd planned for us to perhaps go pick up some more plants for her garden, but that'll have to wait until she's feeling better. She's already so limited by her arthritis and I do sometimes feel a bit guilty that I'm not down there more than I am, but I have my own set of challenges and I guess while we can always do better, we also maybe do the best we can at the time... I just wish she had more of a circle of friends and family. While she has some very helpful neighbors, it's difficult at times being the only child... You know how it is... while she makes very few demands on me, the sense of responsibility is always there.

Super Contributor

I want that Judith Ripka ring!

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2015 Jova said:

Wink

I'll let everyone know what I think when it arrives... It was on EP too, and even before the EP 'event last night'... I like that it has no DMQ and it was more reasonably priced than are many of her items these days. It seems new to me but I don't think it was presented... I didn't watch any of the shows, but did check the items on air and was curious as to why they'd not show it... Since they didn't, at the time I ordered, there wasn't even a video.

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2015 stevieb said:
On 5/26/2015 Jova said:

Wink

I'll let everyone know what I think when it arrives... It was on EP too, and even before the EP 'event last night'... I like that it has no DMQ and it was more reasonably priced than are many of her items these days. It seems new to me but I don't think it was presented... I didn't watch any of the shows, but did check the items on air and was curious as to why they'd not show it... Since they didn't, at the time I ordered, there wasn't even a video.

That's a pretty ring! Believe I saw Nancy show that bracelet (and the ring perhaps?). Was watching online and then got distracted. But that video isn't up either. Videos simply aren't being loaded and/or updated lately. Particularly bad with Ripka and Gili. I don't have TV, so if the video isn't online then I can't see what an item looks like. More often than not, no video = no sale.

BTW, I ordered the Ripka ruby heart ring for similar reasons! No CZ, reduced price and EZ pay. Don't usually go for hearts, but love rubies and something about it just called out. Although EEL's raw ruby ring looks like a beauty too (sadly, sold out in my size -- and no video either). The ruby heart ring video loaded is from last year -- but I caught the live presentation.