Valued Contributor

Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

OK, ladies, time to start a new quarter with a new thread! This thread is for everyone who wants to discuss handbags and beyond with their favorite posters Smiley Wink
Valued Contributor

Re: Stevie, EEL, TK & Co. - 2Q-2015 ;) - Handbags & MORE!

New quarter resolution - no new merchandise purchases as of April 1......and no, it's not April Fools joke Smiley Wink PS. That includes clothing, handbags, and jewelry.
Honored Contributor

TK!!! I KNEW you would start a second quarter thread and here it is! Smile

Those resolutions sound vaguely familiar, by the way...Wink It's Happy New Year all over again!

Did you watch those gardening brothers and see their items, including the patio set? They were on with Carolyn and she worked nicely with them.

Good one, by the way, when you busted stevieb about her 'suitcase' purse...I SAW that!! LOL!! I nearly fell off my chair reading that she bought a Dooney.

It's hard to resist those 'As Is' deals, right, stevieb? Did you get the T'Moro?

Talk about a deal, there is a London Fog handbag here on big clearance that is quite nice. I bought it awhile ago and finally changed into the Ink today. I also bought the Grey and have already sent it out as a gift but am thinking about buying it again for me! So bad! Both bags I received were great; I'm not sure what's up with the reviews. The pictures are not great, but you can watch the video if you are interested. http://www.qvc.com/London-Fog-Croco-Embossed-Monarch-Satchel-with-Zip-Top-Closure.product.A229114.h...

I usually don't like handles that do not "lie down," but this handbag is so cool I'm overlooking it. I met Mr. Lily for Chinese tonight and he thought this blue croco satchel looked really good (and he liked it even better when he heard the price!). It's roomy inside and the faux leather will be perfect for the April rain we always get.

Well, that's it for now...I guess it's "here we go again" with our handbags and MORE...(but sometimes you have to worry about the MORE). {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Until when...?

And how do we get into the pool as to the date you'll cave...?

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Wink

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I need to at least try. Not that I haven't before, but who knows, maybe this time I'll find my resolve...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I've been trying to come up with the "due date" and figured, at least till black Friday would be reasonable since I know the best deals are offered around that time.... and you know me - I'll confess if I cave before that date Smiley Happy but even with restricted shopping, I still have multiple bills to pay, so it's not as if I am going to save anything.... just finally decided that I have more than enough of stuff for now (went from 1 bag to 20 within a year and got 20 new rings too!!!)
Valued Contributor

EEL! Smiley Happy always enjoy reading your posts! It's a pretty bag - I have one bag from that brand but never really used it. I think I have too many bags now! Seriously! I'm finally traveling again next week (to Chico, CA, so nothing exciting) and I'm already debating on which handbag to take. I know I need a larger bag for travel so Trina is staying home but now I need to "waste" my time on deciding which bag gets the privilege Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Stevie got the coated cotton DB signature bag, which is 18 inches long!!! I'm curious as to when she is going to carry that one, since she was into smaller bags.... and yes, it's shocking to learn she got a Dooney!?!?! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to avoid Q since I got my cable back, so I missed the brothers show but watched the video with the fountain. It looked interesting but I cannot have any water in my backyard as we have some frogs jumping around in the hood and I don't want any of these ugly creatures around me! Lol. The patio set seems to be way overpriced for what it is! But I guess it sold out since there was no video of the product???
Valued Contributor

I still have 2 rings on the waitlist....and I recently received this ring I orders on 12/31! 14K gold with tanzanite. J321321. It's really pretty, the stone is a mixture of blue and purple, guess something close to periwinkle?? It's one of very few rings I have in gold, so it's a keeper. I cancelled the multiple band ring with pink sapphire because I figured I didn't want someone's return. I also received BB's ring.J321435. It's pretty, exactly as pictured and enamel actually looks like if it was lapis, but the ring itself looks more like a kid's ring, kind of?? The value is great considering it contains 18K gold elements but not sure if I should keep it or not.
Honored Contributor

Yep, I purchased a Dooney... As I noted before, this was the last one on my wishlist that I truly wanted, so while I deleted all the others, I also decided there was no need to cut off my nose to spite my face. It will probably be my last Dooney, at least for a while, based on my resolution, their price points and on what I'm seeing them produce... As I also noted previously, although the Q lists the size as 18", Dooney lists the size as 14". The bag is larger, but not really large. Certainly not the monolith as are some of those made for Q monstrosities...

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...