Esteemed Contributor

Re: So where are the navy bags?

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen I've noticed the same thing, but I did find this Cole Haan Benson Large Leather Tote in Blazer Blue on the nordstromrack website marked way down. It's been shipped and I am looking forward to receiving it! I found this same bag in an elegant pink called Peony at the Cole Haan outlet recently so I know I like the bag. It's very nice leather and quite comfortable to wear! Good luck searching, EEL

Benson Large Leather Tote

@EdithEllenLily I own other Cole Haan and like the quality.  Is this color what they consider navy?  Nice color but I don't consider it Navy.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen @BARBIE100 @NJgirl 1205 It's here and it arrived all wrapped up with plastic and thin foam coverings on the handles. It was a new, beautiful bag for half price.

The good news is that it is a true, dark navy (but not too dark like midnight navy), the leather is soft and nicely light pebbled, and it's a wonderful, larger, comfortable size. The woven leather handles are really beautiful, and when you put it on your shoulder you can put one handle slightly over the other so both won't slip down -- the bag stays on your shoulder. 

Now, for this next part keep in mind I am 'slightly' picky, LOL. The not-so-good news is that there was a small (not too noticeable) scratch in the gold on the front right tab where the handle attaches and a very small (1/4 inch) dark navy mark in the navy leather on the back of the bag (really won't be seen), but the worst thing is that the interior of the bag has a slight musty odor from the paper stuffing (yuck). I can deal with the minor issues for the half-price bag, but not the odor. I will try to air it out, but if it doesn't dissipate I will take it back to Nordstrom Rack. What's good about this bag is that it's open (no full zipper close), so if it airs out, I think it will be fine to use. Also FYI, there are no feet on this bag.

All in all, I like it so much I hope I can keep it! Woman Happy

EEL,

Thanks for the update!

good luck with the icky purse smell. It is a very pretty bag and I hope you get to keep it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen I've noticed the same thing, but I did find this Cole Haan Benson Large Leather Tote in Blazer Blue on the nordstromrack website marked way down. It's been shipped and I am looking forward to receiving it! I found this same bag in an elegant pink called Peony at the Cole Haan outlet recently so I know I like the bag. It's very nice leather and quite comfortable to wear! Good luck searching, EEL

@EdithEllenLily I own other Cole Haan and like the quality.  Is this color what they consider navy?  Nice color but I don't consider it Navy.

@itiswhatitis I don't know if Blazer Blue is what Cole Haan considers Navy. As I look at the photo you posted of the RM bag, your Navy is definitely darker than Cole Haan's Blazer Blue. I guess it's all about personal preference on this subject! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@itiswhatitis I don't know if Blazer Blue is what Cole Haan considers Navy. As I look at the photo you posted of the RM bag, your Navy is definitely darker than Cole Haan's Blazer Blue. I guess it's all about personal preference on this subject! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily, yes the opening thread was asking about NAVY handbags and the one I posted was my offering.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen @BARBIE100 @NJgirl 1205 It's here and it arrived all wrapped up with plastic and thin foam coverings on the handles. It was a new, beautiful bag for half price.

The good news is that it is a true, dark navy (but not too dark like midnight navy), the leather is soft and nicely light pebbled, and it's a wonderful, larger, comfortable size. The woven leather handles are really beautiful, and when you put it on your shoulder you can put one handle slightly over the other so both won't slip down -- the bag stays on your shoulder. 

Now, for this next part keep in mind I am 'slightly' picky, LOL. The not-so-good news is that there was a small (not too noticeable) scratch in the gold on the front right tab where the handle attaches and a very small (1/4 inch) dark navy mark in the navy leather on the back of the bag (really won't be seen), but the worst thing is that the interior of the bag has a slight musty odor from the paper stuffing (yuck). I can deal with the minor issues for the half-price bag, but not the odor. I will try to air it out, but if it doesn't dissipate I will take it back to Nordstrom Rack. What's good about this bag is that it's open (no full zipper close), so if it airs out, I think it will be fine to use. Also FYI, there are no feet on this bag.

All in all, I like it so much I hope I can keep it! Woman Happy

EEL,

Thanks for the update!

good luck with the icky purse smell. It is a very pretty bag and I hope you get to keep it.Smiley Happy

@JavaQueen Update: I smelled my lovely Cole Haan in Peony and it smells leathery and wonderful, so I know it's not this particular bag's "leather smell" or something like that. So, I've decided to return this Cole Haan in Blazer Blue to Nordstrom Rack. Life's too short to wait for a bag to air out -- and there is no guarantee that it would. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily, yes the opening thread was asking about NAVY handbags and the one I posted was my offering.

@itiswhatitis So I'm taking my bag back due to the musty smell. Woman Frustrated I DO like your NAVY color! Woman Happy If you happen to see a larger NAVY satchel or hobo, please let us know. 

Trusted Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@JavaQueen @BARBIE100 @NJgirl 1205 My bag is out for delivery today! Woman Surprised I will post later about it.

YAY!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have dragged out my Dooney nylon Large Erica (on sale at Macy's).  I like the duck. 

Dooney & Bourke Large Nylon Erica Hobo

Zappos has an deep ink Eliott Lucca if you like slouchy.  Does not have a zipper top though.  I love the videos at Zappos. 

Elliott Lucca Vivien Fold-Over Hobo

Brahmin has a deep "ink blue" Asher Melbourne

11.5" W x 12.0" H x 4.5" D

I haven't found any "traditional" navy bags either

Asher Ink Melbourne, Ink, hi-res

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

itiswhattis:

I missed your post, sorry! You were in the "crack."  I like that one also. I do like Minkoff bags. Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

EEL, itiswhatitis and hicindy:

Thank you all., this thread has been an eye-opener when it comes to the definition of navy!

I might also add that some find the traditional Coach navy too dark. But I think I prefer a darker shade, because it works better with a lot of colors. But that's just my taste.