Respected Contributor

So Excited About "As Is" Bargain

[ Edited ]

Ok, yes, things have been a bit grim for me at times lately due to family health issues, so I am "hard up for a good time," as the saying goes. Well, some silly pleasure arrived today in the form of a box from QVC. Inside? A bargain on a bag I adore. I was dancing in the den after I opened it! I'd been watching the Dooney "as is" section, and finally the new Dooney Florentine Toscana side zip satchel  turned up in the ginger color.  I could not check out fast enough last week. I already own the Dooney Florentine Toscana pocket satchel in Bordeaux and the side zip satchel in espresso, and I love them. I paid retail for those first two. I thought the "as is" bag might arrive damaged and I would have to return it, but it is just GREAT. It had one little scratch on the front, which I rubbed out with my finger, as one does with this leather. You can't even see it. For those of us who love understated, simply chic style and quality, these bags, even st $500, are perfect. Btw, I love the strap, which I keep attached to the pocket satchel, but the side zip satchel works best for me as satchel only without the strap. 

Honored Contributor

Re: So Excited About "As Is" Bargain

@libbyannE - Your post made me smile just reading about your joy with your new bag.

I've had great luck with "as is" purchases over the years.  So glad you found something you love.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

That's great.  I love as is.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE Congratulations on your great deal! It sounds like a beautiful handbag and I'm so happy that it made you so happy! Woman Very Happy From what I've seen on television and in the videos, the ginger color is gorgeous! Enjoy, enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@libbyannE Congratulations on your great deal! It sounds like a beautiful handbag and I'm so happy that it made you so happy! Woman Very Happy From what I've seen on television and in the videos, the ginger color is gorgeous! Enjoy, enjoy, EEL Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily

Thank you! It's fun to be excited over something so unimportant! We all need that, don't we? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@libbyannE - Your post made me smile just reading about your joy with your new bag.

I've had great luck with "as is" purchases over the years.  So glad you found something you love.  Woman Happy

@Venezia

I have bought a couple in the past, too, but it's been a long time. I guess I did not expect one of these Florentines to show up and to be perfect, basically, with one scratch that easily rubbed out. Btw, as my husband joked, I am generally an upbeat person, so, while this splurge excited me, he joked drily today, "I love you because you can get excited about a taco!" True.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

Thank you! It's fun to be excited over something so unimportant! We all need that, don't we? 

@libbyannE Yes we do. But LibbyAnnE, ahem, sometimes these handbags are important...Woman Wink Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily

@libbyannE Yes we do. But LibbyAnnE, ahem, sometimes these handbags are important...Woman Wink Woman LOL

@EdithEllenLily

You made me laugh out loud. Hahahaha. I joked with my husband last evening that I was going to put my new bag on display in the living room on a pedestal where we normally display a large handmade folk art sailboat. In his funny, dry way, he replied, "Wouldn't surprise me."

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

Ok, yes, things have been a bit grim for me at times lately due to family health issues, so I am "hard up for a good time," as the saying goes. Well, some silly pleasure arrived today in the form of a box from QVC. Inside? A bargain on a bag I adore. I was dancing in the den after I opened it! I'd been watching the Dooney "as is" section, and finally the new Dooney Florentine Toscana side zip satchel  turned up in the ginger color.  I could not check out fast enough last week. I already own the Dooney Florentine Toscana pocket satchel in Bordeaux and the side zip satchel in espresso, and I love them. I paid retail for those first two. I thought the "as is" bag might arrive damaged and I would have to return it, but it is just GREAT. It had one little scratch on the front, which I rubbed out with my finger, as one does with this leather. You can't even see it. For those of us who love understated, simply chic style and quality, these bags, even st $500, are perfect. Btw, I love the strap, which I keep attached to the pocket satchel, but the side zip satchel works best for me as satchel only without the strap. 

Congrats, I bought this bag new and love it.  I love the Toscana leather.  I got the hobo in Bordeaux as is and love it.

Deb

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia  I love tacos, I love tacos, too!!!