Honored Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek: M Z Wallace for Tuesday 7/18

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@hicindy2 That's good news about your sister-in-law...I will continue to send positive batgirl signals your way! Woman Happy

Congratulations on your Dawn Baby Jane! It looks so classic and chic. I hope the zipper is improved with treatment, but you have a good work-around. 

Yes, we have to be good now! (So boring...Woman LOL

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 Well, you know, last holiday sale wasn't anything close to this one, so if we went overboard (and I know I did) we can tell ourselves during the holiday sale that's it's all OK. Remember the summer sale. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @AnnMoonbeam @foo foo shi shi

Got the army kate and blue belle today and love them both! I do think the kate has a sage undertone, perfect! And the bright pop of lining. Heart I bet the jordan satchel and hobo are great in this color! 

The small blue belle is exactly what I was hoping. It is odd to see that Belle hardware in silver, as I've been looking at it in gold for at least two years now. But this works nicely and I think it's satisfied my blue handbag yearning. I will have to put dawn off for now -- until a large belle in dawn comes out. LOL.

Happy I got these -- and they were all wrapped and plastic on the handles. Wonder where they came from. Little lost bags. Smiley Very Happy

@AnnMoonbeam Ann, have you received your smoke pearl Kate yet?

I think I'm going to have to gift or donate some of my MZ and other bags that I don't use now ... Oh what do I do with you tiger eye frankie?

Oh, and that platinum tassel that EEL recommended rocks. And it smells like pure leather -- wow. Think it will work nicely on sage, army, platinum leather, and platinum luster, and potentially black too. Thanks for the rec EEL!

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@hicindy2 @EdithEllenLily @AnnMoonbeam @foo foo shi shi

Got the army kate and blue belle today and love them both! I do think the kate has a sage undertone, perfect! And the bright pop of lining. Heart I bet the jordan satchel and hobo are great in this color! 

The small blue belle is exactly what I was hoping. It is odd to see that Belle hardware in silver, as I've been looking at it in gold for at least two years now. But this works nicely and I think it's satisfied my blue handbag yearning. I will have to put dawn off for now -- until a large belle in dawn comes out. LOL.

Happy I got these -- and they were all wrapped and plastic on the handles. Wonder where they came from. Little lost bags. Smiley Very Happy

@AnnMoonbeam Ann, have you received your smoke pearl Kate yet?

I think I'm going to have to gift or donate some of my MZ and other bags that I don't use now ... Oh what do I do with you tiger eye frankie?

Oh, and that platinum tassel that EEL recommended rocks. And it's the first MZW item that smells like pure leather -- wow. No chemical smell. Think it will work nicely on sage, army, platinum leather, and platinum luster, and potentially black too. Thanks for the rec EEL!

@Serendipity You are so welcome! Yes, that tassel definitely rocks, LOL!

Great news that your Kate and Small Belle were new and all wrapped up and that you like them! I like Army and its orange lining quite well. My Jordan Satchel in Army is one of my favorite MZW bags...super comfortable. And you can use your Abbey Wristlet in the blue belle! Woman Very Happy

Wow, if you do ebay I bet your Tiger Eye Frankie will sell lightning fast. Or if you can find a consignment shop locally that knows about MZW bags.

Enjoy your new bags and that cool tassel! Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

Love that "Night Garden"Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 Hi girls, if/when you might have a chance, could you measure the drop length on your jordan satchel and hobo on the leather straps? I don't quite trust the measurements online, since they are different than what I've received in the past. One inch makes a huge difference to me. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

@Serendipity..Yes I got my Smoked Pearl Kate and my Marcasite Roxy on Tuesday...They are both wonderful!!! What i didn't realize is that the Smoked Pearl Kate has the red edge dye and it really pops the light gray of the Smoked Pearl color.. The Roxy is a darker gray with a tonal edge dye.. Not too much popping on that bag but very functional.. Haven't used them yet.. Keep going between the Black Chain Jane and the Dahlia Kate... I love all my MZ Wallace bags!!!! And the Night Garden print is beautiful!!! T@here was a lady on the MZ Wallace Lovers page who ordered 5 different Night Garden items and ordered 3 of each to check for the best print placement...@EdithEllenLily... The Dahlia color has a terracotta color edge dye, not the bright red like I got on the Smoked Pearl Kate..

Honored Contributor

@AnnMoonbeam wrote:

@Serendipity..Yes I got my Smoked Pearl Kate and my Marcasite Roxy on Tuesday...They are both wonderful!!! What i didn't realize is that the Smoked Pearl Kate has the red edge dye and it really pops the light gray of the Smoked Pearl color.. The Roxy is a darker gray with a tonal edge dye.. Not too much popping on that bag but very functional.. Haven't used them yet.. Keep going between the Black Chain Jane and the Dahlia Kate... I love all my MZ Wallace bags!!!! And the Night Garden print is beautiful!!! T@here was a lady on the MZ Wallace Lovers page who ordered 5 different Night Garden items and ordered 3 of each to check for the best print placement...@EdithEllenLily... The Dahlia color has a terracotta color edge dye, not the bright red like I got on the Smoked Pearl Kate..

@AnnMoonbeam Fantastic! I think you got the only smoke pearl Kate left, too. Smiley Very Happy

Don't give EEL @EdithEllenLily any ideas about ordering three of each to check print placement .... :smileylol Or was that you EEL? Smiley Wink That tote is very pretty. 

I do like the leather trim on dahlia, it works well with it. I'm thinking of getting the jordan hobo in that color with points. Smiley Very Happy

I think that black chain jane is still probably the best of all the janes. Smiley Happy Edgy and cool!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 Hi girls, if/when you might have a chance, could you measure the drop length on your jordan satchel and hobo on the leather straps? I don't quite trust the measurements online, since they are different than what I've received in the past. One inch makes a huge difference to me. Thanks!

@Serendipity   I am so glad you liked your final picks.  I think we all did really well this Summer Sale.  

Image result for images mz wallace small estate blue belle

OK on the Jordan Hobo, from the top of the padded handle (which I love) to the zipper, it is just a shade over the 8.5 in the description. They probably err on the conservative side since there will be slight variances from bag to bag. 

• 12" l x 3" w x 11" h, 8.5" handle drop

Image result for images mz wallace army jordan hobo

@AnnMoonbeam:  you really have some lovely bags also.  That Smoked Pearl sounds so intriguing. 

Image result for images mz wallace smoked Pearl Kate

And @EdithEllenLily Your black Chain Jane:  mmmmwah 

Image result for images mz wallace black chain Jane

All in All, we had quite a Party:

Image result for images cats having a party

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Serendipity On my Jordan Satchel, the two attached handle straps measure an 8-inch drop while it's hanging from a door handle to the top, taut zippered area. If I use the wider, even more comfortable leather handle that you can attach to the hooks on the sides, the bag slouches in the middle and you can get a 12-inch strap drop (if the bag is stuffed full and the top zippered handle is taut, the strap drop would be 10.5 inches). I LOVE this bag and it's on my list for points...still deciding though! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@AnnMoonbeam wrote:

@AnnMoonbeam I'm so glad you like your Smoked Pearl Kate and Marcasite Roxy handbags!! Woman Very Happy You can always jazz up your Roxy with a tassel or charm if you wish. And thanks for telling me about the terracotta edge dye on the Dahlia...it sounds more lovely now that I know it's tonal. I was worried about the red clashing with the Dahlia color, which is gorgeous! I saw it at Bloomies.