Esteemed Contributor

Small handbags similar to the Bitsy bag

Ladies, I'm wondering if there are other smaller scale handbags similar to the D&B Bitsy bag. 

I have downsized what I carry and looking for east/west style or smaller handbags. 

My black/brown Brighton looks too wintery and my plaid D&B from a few years back seems huge.

I don't often shop for bags, and was looking at the Bitsy, but thought I would at least ask the experts!

Thanks!

Any suggestions welcome

Trusted Contributor

Re: Small handbags similar to the Bitsy bag

Have you googled ILoveDooney.com?  Free shipping always.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might like the Dooney Ginger. It comes in new colors and patterns every season, some in leather, some in cotton, and some in coated cotton. It's a small crossbody and just big enough to fit all my essentials. I have two and I love them. It has a nice slip pocket on the outside for my phone.

QVC has a few. Hopefully this link works: https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=dooney+%2BGinger. If not, just search for Dooney AND Ginger.

The Dooney store has tons more and my local Dooney outlet always has quite a few.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@henderson

@Alison Wonderland

Yes, I shop the I love dooney site and they have a few Bitsy bags.

But was hoping another top end brand might do the same style.

Seems all handbags are so big now -- or wristlets.  

I see the Ginger is about the right size.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Don't limit yourself to Dooney

The Bitsy is an older style. Coach does smaller bags. I don't know your price point. Rebecca Minkoff does bags. Michael Kors had them.

If you have $$$, LV eveb has mini satchels. 

It all depends on your budget. Maybe do searches on various retailer web sites. That might give you some ideas.

Right now it's a big trend. But get some and hold on: the Big Bag is coming back. (as a trend.)

Esteemed Contributor

LeSportsac always has cute small crossbow bags and they wear like iron and washable.

Super Contributor

I like the Lug Carousel .Wish they would make more colors. 

Honored Contributor

Get out and shop the stores.  Stores like Belk. Macy's, Penneys, TJ Maxx.  You'll have fun.  I like to see handbags in person because I'm very picky, very picky, very picky. You may come home with more than one!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman Dooney makes a bag similar in size to the Bitsy. It's Called  the Ruby bag. Look it up on Jet.com. They have DB bags at great prices. My friend bought a patent leather Ruby for $70 on Jet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y

I checked the Ruby and it's a nice size.

Also pulled out my plaid Dooney and the wristlet.  Feeling a bit guilty for not using it last summer.  

And, I remembered my Brahmin Copa Cabana -- beautiful.  Both are lovely bags but seem large to me now.

So, thank you for the Ruby suggestion.  The Bitsy has lots of choices on I love Dooney site, but does not seem to be in other stores.  

Maybe they sell quickly.  I remember a cupcake print from years back and it only popped up in larger bags.

Thanks again -- and to all who responded.