Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@chessylady    Are you speaking of the IloveDooney site?  You can list the name just no links. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Oh noooo!  I just ordered a Florentine bag and paid with PayPal.  Then I noticed the misspelling of Dooney and Burke at the bottom of the website...DONEY and Burke!!!!

I think we got scammed!

Contributor

Probably just me that got scammed because I wasn't paying attention.  What a stupid error on my part.

Esteemed Contributor

@BoKay wrote:

Probably just me that got scammed because I wasn't paying attention.  What a stupid error on my part.

@BoKay  Call Paypal !! Maybe they can stop the payment to that vendor. 

Contributor

I did reach out to PayPal on their site and it said to contact the seller first because they can't cance! the order. So I sent 3 emails to two different email addresses of the "seller".  

I hope I get a reply but I definitely will contact PayPal if I don't.  I am very angry at myself.

Respected Contributor

@BoKay wrote:

Oh noooo!  I just ordered a Florentine bag and paid with PayPal.  Then I noticed the misspelling of Dooney and Burke at the bottom of the website...DONEY and Burke!!!!

I think we got scammed!

I did that too last night and thought these prices are way too good and they don't do Halloween.

Dooney should do something about that if they haven't already.

Esteemed Contributor

@BoKay  One more thing to try. If Paypal is linked to your credit card company or to your bank, contact them to block the charge. They can be pretty helpful and have a help line 24/7. 

Respected Contributor

Please note this website is the first one that appears on the top, it says "official site" but the site has only one "O" in the Dooney and it is NOT the official site of Dooney & Bourke.

Buyer Beware.

Honored Contributor

I got taken in a scam from Hong Kong several years ago.  I had used PayPal and contacted them after my attempts to contact the seller went unacknowledged.  They got a full refund for me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment