Valued Contributor
Wait, what?? Shawn presenting DB bags?? Wow, I think it's a first... glad to learn I missed it.... was busy watching my show....
Honored Contributor

I've heard many hosts say things like this is the only place you can get this deal and you won't find it out in retail and I know they are wrong but I think probabaly that is what the hosts are being told to say. 

Regular Contributor

HAVE HEARD SHAWN SAY THE SAME THING AT LEAST 3 DIFFERENT TIMES WHEN SHE HOSTED DOONEY SHOWS.

Honored Contributor

I bet she was talking about easy pay , not sale prices.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I've heard many hosts say things like this is the only place you can get this deal and you won't find it out in retail and I know they are wrong but I think probabaly that is what the hosts are being told to say. 

I too think to some extent the hosts are being given a "script", of sorts, to work from. Unfortunately, it's not a completely honest one and that reflects on the whole operation.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
Lol, I like Shawn as well...but she has been doing this for years. I had to laugh OP, because I too posted an almost identical thread over a year ago, regarding this very topic. She stopped for awhile after that thread...but it looks like Shawn has returned to her false statements regarding Dooney. It's really strange, considering I would think she knows better. Btw, I've heard other hosts say the same regarding Vera Bradley...and alot of us know VB goes on deep discount in quite a few other places lol!! Totally weird sales pitch lol!!
Honored Contributor

I think it was a confusion by her that she meant to say QVC is the only place where you can get easy pay and it came out clearance price. It would have been helpful if the producer could have asked her to clarify what she said during the show.

I like Shawn and I am worried that the Q is overexposing her...Shawn with Isaac twice, PM Style, Tuesday Night Beauty, her new "deals" show on Wednesdays, Shawn Says Accessorize on Friday and now the occasional Dooney show on Saturday. She has admitted to not having many handbags, so I was surprised she was the host on Saturday's Dooney show. On one of the first Wednesday night shows with the good deal finds, she looked into the camera and said something like "I can't do everything around here." Woman Frustrated I knew what she meant! It seems that the Q has a "deep enough bench" of hosts to bring other likeable hosts like Pat, Mary Beth, Jennifer, Nancy, Carolyn (when she returns...sending her positive and good wishes this summer), Sandra and even Courtney into the mix.

Respected Contributor
Sorry that is too funny....."meant to say ...Easy Pay but it came out Clearance Price!" She either said what she meant and is woefully misinformed or she intended to misrepresent the facts. Who knows which. But confused? No I don't think so. Hear for yourself what she said, A266607 @ 6:35.
Trusted Contributor

I don't understand these posts?  Shawn did NOT misspeak!  Go to the web page on that purse, it states it is on

CLEARANCE PRICE.

Not only Shawn but the vendor kept using the words "Clearance Price".

I don't know why things are said incorrectly without first being investigated .

The video and item number were even given to reference.

Sheesh!

Trusted Contributor

Leave Shawn alone.