Respected Contributor

Sharif Handbags to Premier on Evine!

I just received a Facebook message from Sharif that he will have a premier set of shows on Evine November 29th and 30th!  I have always loved Sharif and his beautiful Egyptian inspired designs!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sharif Handbags to Premier on Evine!

So Nash left Evine for HSN and Hot in Hollywood left HSN for QVC... and so on... It seems pretty clear, looking at the vendors who seem to be trading places, that the three 'major' shopping channels and a handful of vednors tend to routinely play musical chairs... It's like they max out the audience and then circulate to another channel... It'll be interesting to see what they bring to Evine. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I believe HSN made a huge mistake in letting Sharif go.  He said his new designs for Evine will be a nod to his original work when he began his line!  Patricia Nash's line on HSN is nice but I miss all of her colorful prints.  That is what drew me to her handbags and it seems that we are not seeing her lovely original prints as often now!

Honored Contributor

I think something is up at HSN. I haven't seen a Clever Carriage show, featuring handbags, in a long time

I really miss them

The bags they are offering now ,are really nothing special

Honored Contributor

@Stellabystarlight wrote:

I believe HSN made a huge mistake in letting Sharif go.  He said his new designs for Evine will be a nod to his original work when he began his line!  Patricia Nash's line on HSN is nice but I miss all of her colorful prints.  That is what drew me to her handbags and it seems that we are not seeing her lovely original prints as often now!

HSN doesn't seem to be carrying as extensive an array of Patricia Nash handbags as did Evine or as is available at some department stores, though they do have some pretty offerings.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think something is up at HSN. I haven't seen a Clever Carriage show, featuring handbags, in a long time

I really miss them

The bags they are offering now ,are really nothing special

Even before being bought out by Liberty, I think HSN was anticipating some pretty major changes. Now that the buy out is in process, I suspect we'll be seeing some significant transitions and who know what that might mean for some brands, let alone for the whole business model. Some of the thing suggested in a lengthy survey I received from HSN several months ago made me wonder if things might be radically altered down the road. Who knows...

Respected Contributor

Well for the first time I have been seeing HSN ads on other channels.  Last night, HSN advertised on CNN to shop for holiday items.  And they have been advertising on my local cable news as well.  I had never seen that before!

Respected Contributor

I just hope there isn't a change to HSN's habit of truly putting items on sale at clearance prices.  

Respected Contributor

I never cared for his designs. Just my taste. I like classic, clean designs and great leather that speaks for itself without adornment. I avoid Nash and Brahmin for similar reasons. Here is MY inconsistency, though: I still wear bright, geometric wool Kilim  handbags on occasion! Classics with a boho twist! 

Esteemed Contributor

Looking at the Evine promo ads, I think Sharif will be able to be more expressive with his bags and less mainstream.  I will definitely watch. That printed hobo is bold and fun. 

No automatic alt text available.