Trusted Contributor

@depglass,

It depends on the brand.

The Real Real for high end

Vestiaire Collective is simple but very difficult to sell, they only take certain brands as well

Mercari is very easy and has amazing shipping rates with all Us main carriers.

Poshmark is low ball land and a waist of time you will have to share your closet a zillion times every day

Ebay is great however not that easy to navigate for a new seller

I am not familiar with Etsy

You can always crosslist like most people do🌻

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@retiredgal69 wrote:

I sell my bags on Ebay with some success. I always go on Ebay and look for a similar bag in that brand to get an idea of what others are listing it for and then I usually go under that and that seems to help. Also, the more popular brands have the better chance of selling. If I can't sell it on Ebay then it goes into the donation bag. 

I have done the same as @retiredgal69 .  My other suggestion is Facebook Marketplace.  You will get more on eBay even with their fees than you will on Facebook Marketplace, but you will get more on Facebook Marketplace than you will doing a garage sale or obviously...donating them.

I agree with Facebook Marketplace.  Although I don't have a FAcebook account, my daughter does and she has sold some things for me.  I used to sell on eBay but eBay is no longer what it once was.

Esteemed Contributor

Local consignment store.  I sold all my imported Dooney's there.  They sold fast & didn't have to mess with pictures, shipping or people.

Honored Contributor

I'm really late seeing this thread.

i live in Atlanta and there is a terrific consignment store here.  They've been in business for 40 years and have 2 store fronts in Atlanta and they also online.

They also do Facebook live videos every day from her stores, showcasing new arrivals.

I have sold tons of things by giving them to her store to sell.  People all over the country buy and sell with her.

if you or anyone else is interested, on Facebook the page is BBPD Consignment. Same for the website and just add the .Com.  The name of the business is Back By Popular Demand Consignment. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?