Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Has anyone done any Christmas decorating yet...?

@stevieb Nope. I don't think I will this year. Next year, I hope to.

@Serendipity With this news -- and the news that you were doing major cleaning a few weeks ago plus attending an open house recently -- are you moving? And how are you feeling from your tumble at the open house? I hope you are much better by now! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily Much better, thanks EEL. Will be black and blue for a while, but the swelling is gone and I can confirm no torn ACL or fractures or anything. Phew. Ice and elevation helped a lot.

Just thinking about it and exploring. Smiley Happy

@Serendipity I am so glad to know that you are much better and that you had your knee checked out and there is nothing that needs 'repair' -- what a relief! Your inherent doctoring was what you needed! Woman Happy Heart

Hi @Serendipity .. glad to hear you are doing better!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @handygal2 @Serendipity @Sister Golden Hair:

@Regarding @stevieb's forthcoming handbag purge, since Dooneys are apparently among the purge (and I adore my Dooneys), I have found that they get next-to-nothing at consignment shops. {I'm not even sure they end up going to Good Homes.} The only bags I have gotten significant $$ from are my older LV's, and I'm now down to the last two which I shall keep.

However, wondering whether it would be smart (and useful) for the Dooneys-to-be-purged to send them to Dooney for the excellent credit they give you on a NEW bag (that suits your current tastes and whims!)?? Has anyone done this?

Hi @1Professor ... I have used the Dooney Trade In Program two or three times.  I have always been happy with my trade ins/  However, I am glad I did it in the past because currently there aren't any Dooneys that I really want.  Hold on to the bags you want to trade until you find something you really like.  Dooney only gives you two weeks from the date of their letter informing you of the amount of the credit to complete the trade in.  If not  they return your bag.  I've done well with the program because I sent in bags I had purchased on ebay for a song ... and still got 1/2 of their original retail value.  

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm CollectorLove those bags. However, they never have the interior I'm not used to, with zippered compartments and slip pockets.

I'm inclined, now, however, to explore the 50s 60s bags in the consignment shops nearby, especially a Designer shop that carries lovelies!

Hi @1Professor ... I agree whole heartedly.  I am so used to the zippered compartments and slip pockets that I find the bags without them annoying.  

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Regarding @stevieb's forthcoming handbag purge, since Dooneys are apparently among the purge (and I adore my Dooneys), I have found that they get next-to-nothing at consignment shops. {I'm not even sure they end up going to Good Homes.} The only bags I have gotten significant $$ from are my older LV's, and I'm now down to the last two which I shall keep.

However, wondering whether it would be smart (and useful) for the Dooneys-to-be-purged to send them to Dooney for the excellent credit they give you on a NEW bag (that suits your current tastes and whims!)?? Has anyone done this?

Hi @1Professor ... I have used the Dooney Trade In Program two or three times.  I have always been happy with my trade ins/  However, I am glad I did it in the past because currently there aren't any Dooneys that I really want.  Hold on to the bags you want to trade until you find something you really like.  Dooney only gives you two weeks from the date of their letter informing you of the amount of the credit to complete the trade in.  If not  they return your bag.  I've done well with the program because I sent in bags I had purchased on ebay for a song ... and still got 1/2 of their original retail value.  

@Boehm Collector: I couldn't find the trade in program on the Dooney web site, mabe I couldn't figure out the key word to search. Do you just send it in? Get permission first? Do they require the original card?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector: I couldn't find the trade in program on the Dooney web site, mabe I couldn't figure out the key word to search. Do you just send it in? Get permission first? Do they require the original card?

Hi @1Professor ... no need to get permission first or send in the original card.  Just send your bag to Dooney & Bourke Trade in Program - 1 Regent Street, Norwalk CT 06855.  Include a letter giving all your contact info (mailing address, phone number) and state that you want to trade in your bag.  You will eventually receive a letter in the mail letting you know the amount of the trade in credit; your reference number and instructions.   HTH  Maria

Esteemed Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

Hi @1Professor ... check out this link:   http://www.dooney.com/customer-service/the-dooney-guarantee/returns-repairs-replacements.html

Scroll down to replacements.  HTH.  Maria

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

Hi @1Professor ... check out this link:   http://www.dooney.com/customer-service/the-dooney-guarantee/returns-repairs-replacements.html

@Boehm Collector

Thanks SO mch! Only issue is that the language for REPLACEMENT implies that it is beyond repair. I have a couple that are in great shape, I just want to trade for credit. Will they take them?

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @1Professor @handygal2 @NycVixen @skyblue @tough_kitty @gramygram @foo foo shi shi @Sister Golden Hair

Some Gucci Handbags .... but I refuse to look at how much they cost!  LOL.  Sorry but I can't seem to be able to post the front view of the handbags.  

408825_A7M0G_1000_002_092_0000_Light-Soho-leather-hobo.jpg

400245_A7M0T_2548_002_084_0043_Light-GG-Marmont-leather-shoulder-bag.jpg

362970_AZB0N_6813_002_090_0000_Light-Jackie-Soft-leather-top-handle-bag.jpg

362968_AZB0N_4119_002_112_0000_Light-Jackie-Soft-leather-hobo.jpg

323660_A7M0G_6227_002_085_0000_Light-Bamboo-Shopper-leather-tote.jpg

308982_A7M0G_1000_002_077_0065_Light-Soho-leather-shoulder-bag.jpg 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@Boehm Collector

Thanks SO mch! Only issue is that the language for REPLACEMENT implies that it is beyond repair. I have a couple that are in great shape, I just want to trade for credit. Will they take them?

Hi @1Professor .. I always address it to the Trade In Program ... and they don't care if the bag is in mint condition or falling apart.... they will still give you 1/2 of the full retail value.  Believe me .. all the bags I sent in were in good condition. 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair Vintage Coach is great. This is my first real bag. Smiley Happy

images.jpeg

Classic Coach... the only Coach I ever really coveted... They've always made some nice bags along the way and despite some serious missteps, like the bombardement with fabric logo bags in every shape, size and color, they still do...  Still, the only Coach bags I truly love are the Classics line. I have a couple, including one that's smaller and with a too long strap that today would be considred a cross body... The Station bag... I rarely use it because of its size, but every once in a while, I dig it out and pare down, just so I can carry it for a few days. Then I switch into something that actually works for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...