Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Not nice... but @EdithEllenLily, dahhhling... of course it's not nice...  You were expecting what, cake and flowers, well...

surprise.gif

After all EEL, to have returned all those items you had to ORDER THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE...  And then, there's the Bendel bag... and the LF bag... and heaven only knows what else...

Sister @Sister Golden Hair, we got us a live one...  

Cake and flowers, Blanche @stevieb? While that would be lovely, surely you could come up with something more delectable...and satisfying...

Further, it occurs to me that with the HM this past summer and now this frightening character, you are perhaps using systematic desensitization to expose me to the 'scary' to break me of my bad habits, all inclusive

It DID work in the summer...I was SO GOOD...you could even say 'angelic' -- but what on earth happened to change it?! Quite the behavioral study, I think...

@EdithEllenLily Maybe the better question is what happened to spur it? You were definitely angelic (insert BC's little sweetheart angel face emoticon here). And if you do find out, let the rest of us in on the secret! Smiley Wink

images-3.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think this whole Gili-RFID-cell phone debacle is hilarious... Here the Mighty Q thought they'd jump right on the whole RFID fright factor and install 'protection' to help promote their seemingly struggling line and apparently nobody bothered to check whether or not this 'protection' comes with some significant side effects...  If this new feature tanks, well, Gili, a sinking ship, anyone...

Hi @stevieb .... I must have missed something.  What was thie Gili-RFID-cell phone debacle all about??

Well, @Boehm Collector... I haven't really followed this closely, so don't know if it's been resolved... Perhaps someone else does... But... it seems the Q, in their infinite wisdom, decided to jump on the RFID bandwagon and hence they and/or their esteemed... 'creative director' (which could prove to be a serious misnomer on top of being a true gilding of the lily... but I digress...) designed several Gili bags and accessories with RFID protection. The problem is, no one at QVC seems to be able to confirm that the bags won't block cell phone reception and won't drain cell phone batteries...  Meanwhile, per comments on another thread or two... the aforementioned esteemed (was it...) 'creative director'... would appear to be dodging questions along these lines on her QVC FB page... Meanwhile, a gaggle of Gili aficionados are refusing to order the bags until the matter is clarified and others are canceling orders...  Should it turn out that the bags aren't cell phone friendly, it would appear someone... somwhere... goofed big time and that the Q will have a whole lot of rather worthless bags to unload.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

My Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel in Burgundy arrived today with lightning-fast service. Even the packaging was yummy. It is a dark burgundy, almost toward brown, which will make it even more versatile. My Aigner wallet looks great against it, so it looks like this will be my Christmas present from my Mom! Woman Very Happy

West 57th SatchelWest 57th Satchel

Hi @EdithEllenLily .. I really love this bag!   images-4.jpeg

Enjoy it!  Is this one a keeper?  Or will it end up being yet another return?

Esteemed Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Oh, I do need a D&B wallet to match my bag.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. I received an email from Dooney today giving 15% off any order until November 25th.  Use the promo code OOPS.  I am going to use it to purchase  Dooney wallet for a Christmas gift for my sister-in-law's sister.

Esteemed Contributor

NycVixen, I have been trying to find a nativity set .

We bought one for our granddaughter (she is 3) to have when she is grown.

Now I'm looking for our grandson.

I'm liking the Valerie one and it is on sale.

Their Mother and Mor Mor (Swedish for Grandmother) have collected nativity sets.

I want something nice that can be passed down.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. that is such a sweet gesture.  One that I am sure your grandchildren will cherish.  My Mom and Dad gave me a complete Lenox Nativity set years ago.  They gave me a few pieces each year until I had the entire set.  The figurines are all pure white and absolutely stunning.  I put the set under my tree every year .. and think of Mom and Dad.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I'm sorry, but I think this whole Gili-RFID-cell phone debacle is hilarious... Here the Mighty Q thought they'd jump right on the whole RFID fright factor and install 'protection' to help promote their seemingly struggling line and apparently nobody bothered to check whether or not this 'protection' comes with some significant side effects...  If this new feature tanks, well, Gili, a sinking ship, anyone...

Hi @stevieb .... I must have missed something.  What was thie Gili-RFID-cell phone debacle all about??

Well, @Boehm Collector... I haven't really followed this closely, so don't know if it's been resolved... Perhaps someone else does... But... it seems the Q, in their infinite wisdom, decided to jump on the RFID bandwagon and hence they and/or their esteemed... 'creative director' (which could prove to be a serious misnomer on top of being a true gilding of the lily... but I digress...) designed several Gili bags and accessories with RFID protection. The problem is, no one at QVC seems to be able to confirm that the bags won't block cell phone reception and won't drain cell phone batteries...  Meanwhile, per comments on another thread or two... the aforementioned esteemed (was it...) 'creative director'... would appear to be dodging questions along these lines on her QVC FB page... Meanwhile, a gaggle of Gili aficionados are refusing to order the bags until the matter is clarified and others are canceling orders...  Should it turn out that the bags aren't cell phone friendly, it would appear someone... somwhere... goofed big time and that the Q will have a whole lot of rather worthless bags to unload.

images-5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Even though my Mother passed away one day after Thanksgiving 2001 and my Father passed away two days before Christmas 1987, I live for the wonderful memories that blessed my life growing upHeart

My Father always gave me a present that said it was from Santa, even when I was grown.

The Christmas he passed away, he had already put my Santa present under the treeHeart

My parents alway had traditions that were passed down and now I do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @EdithEllenLily .. My niece, Laura, (the Freshman at Ohio State) and some of her friends took a bus to Chicago and spent last weekend there.  She loved it!  She is an amazing photographer and took some stunning photos!!!

Honored Contributor

Has anyone checked out the sale at Macy's?

Only five hours left, some pretty good prices.

Respected Contributor

Vixen, how many boots do you haveWoman Wink

@Sister Golden Hair  Over the years, I would say close to 15-20 pairs. 

~Live with Intention~