Honored Contributor

Re: LRe: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@NycVixen wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Thanks @handygal2!!!! I got an additional 20% off the bag!! That's an additional $31 and change WHOOHOO!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!

I got a really nice rep and she spoke to her supervisor and helped me out. I did fib a little and say that I had already bought what I thought were matching suede brown boots and a jacket and now they don't match!! LOL. Hey, at first she was just pushing for a return........ 

Wow, @NycVixen, l'm so glad you made that phone call!! And you were lucky to get a nice rep. Now you'll enjoy the bag even more, knowing you got a great deal!! 

@handygal2  Yes I will!! Thanks so much for the suggestion. Great call!! 

Btw, do any of you know of a good suede protector for bags and shoes? I need one fo this bag and for my boots!! Thanks again! Smiley LOL Woman Wink Woman Tongue

@NycVixen I've used one sold by Wilson's Leather and/or Nordstrom. Both worked well. Frye also has one. Wilson's has a 50% off site wide sale for Veterans Day going on now, fyi.

Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

The red Buckley is lovely. Heart Such a great shade of red. D&B should make more red bags, particularly in florentine. Wish they would bring back the smith bag in red. Smiley Happy

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily The chestnut domed satchel is a very nice bag. The bottom is all sticky and I can't tell if it's wrinkly on the bottom from being set in water or pebbly. My guess is someone set it down in something and then tried to clean it, but gave up or didn't do a good job and sent it back in that shape. Hence sticky, sticky stuff that stays on your hands sticky. The rest of the bag is in good shape. The navy one hasn't arrived yet.

OMG @Serendipity Are you sending back that sticky chestnut domed satchel for another one? You are very rammy with all of your handbags of late! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily Yes. I have to. I can't gift it to her that way. Looks messed up on the bottom and I'm not sure what the sticky stuff is. Fingers crossed on the navy. But I will keep my eyes out for another chestnut. I guess I really lucked out with the Buckleys. So, EEL, what does rammy mean? Smiley Happy

@Serendipity It's the affectionate 'abbreviation' for rambunctious. It's also my nickname, rightly so. When my cousins from Indianapolis came to visit us in Michigan when we were little, they (boys) would drive this little racecar into the black poles in our basement and it would make the loudest noise. The lights would flash on and off, and we knew it was Mom. We got quiet so she could talk and knew what she was going to say, "You kids are being too rammy!" Now of course it is linked to shopping, and also to ramming around the house too fast. I think I'm a little like E.T. Woman Happy So there, Serendipity...with you buying all of these Dooneys, you are being very rammy!!! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

The red Buckley is lovely. Heart Such a great shade of red. D&B should make more red bags, particularly in florentine. Wish they would bring back the smith bag in red. Smiley Happy

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily The chestnut domed satchel is a very nice bag. The bottom is all sticky and I can't tell if it's wrinkly on the bottom from being set in water or pebbly. My guess is someone set it down in something and then tried to clean it, but gave up or didn't do a good job and sent it back in that shape. Hence sticky, sticky stuff that stays on your hands sticky. The rest of the bag is in good shape. The navy one hasn't arrived yet.

OMG @Serendipity Are you sending back that sticky chestnut domed satchel for another one? You are very rammy with all of your handbags of late! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily Yes. I have to. I can't gift it to her that way. Looks messed up on the bottom and I'm not sure what the sticky stuff is. Fingers crossed on the navy. But I will keep my eyes out for another chestnut. I guess I really lucked out with the Buckleys. So, EEL, what does rammy mean? Smiley Happy

@Serendipity It's the affectionate 'abbreviation' for rambunctious. It's also my nickname, rightly so. When my cousins from Indianapolis came to visit us in Michigan when we were little, they (boys) would drive this little racecar into the black poles in our basement and it would make the loudest noise. The lights would flash on and off, and we knew it was Mom. We got quiet so she could talk and knew what she was going to say, "You kids are being too rammy!" Now of course it is linked to shopping, and also to ramming around the house too fast. I think I'm a little like E.T. Woman Happy So there, Serendipity...with you buying all of these Dooneys, you are being very rammy!!! Woman Very Happy

@EdithEllenLily That's a cute story, EEL! Thanks for explaining. Guess I am a little. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

Seriously EEL @EdithEllenLily, what, are you taking a page from Shawn's lexicon of neologisms... rammy... bummy...  what's next?

Juked is next @stevieb. It's a great word. Example: When you receive a handbag without its separate shoulder strap...you got jukedWoman LOL P.S. I think you know that I like Shawn, even though she's overexposed with too many shows. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty Chloe

Same basic silhouette, but I prefer it without the flap detail.

Chloé Women's Marcie Medium Double Carry Bag, Classic Tobacco

Chloé Women's Marcie Medium Double Carry Bag, Paprika Red

Oooohh, yuck @stevieb...it looks like a smiling monster sticking out its tongue. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty Chloe

Oooohh, yuck @stevieb...it looks like a smiling monster sticking out its tongue. Woman Tongue

Well @EdithEllenLily, I didn't say I loved it or that it was the prettiest bag I've ever seen... But you know, we can't all like the same things...  Take, for instance, that lime green thing you got at Bendel, among others...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty Chloe

Well @EdithEllenLily, I didn't say I loved it or that it was the prettiest bag I've ever seen... But you know, we can't all like the same things...  Take, for instance, that lime green thing you got at Bendel, among others...

Woman Very Happy

Here it is @stevieb ... just for you. Looks even better in person. I had a lot of fun with it this summer...compliments galore. Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Pretty Chloe

Woman Very Happy

Here it is @stevieb ... just for you. Looks even better in person. I had a lot of fun with it this summer...compliments galore. Woman Happy 

It would have to...

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Actually @EdithEllenLily, it's a very cute silhouette... but that color... oy...

Honored Contributor

Hello Handbag SweetiesHeart

I guess that Coach pouch was waiting for me to come back and buy itWoman Wink

That one was red and the other Coach pouch was brown.

The a very pretty Tig zip around wallet in pewterHeart

There were a couple more things but I'm going to think it over because we are going back on Tuesday.

And to top it all off, it didn't cost me because I had money coming..YEAH