Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb I looked at the Chloe Marcie again yesterday. Curses. I liked it even more. The zipper stayed together at the end and so it didn't drive me nuts. This was a new bag in the color nut. That's the color for me. If I were to go high-end bag, this might be the one. Gorgeous.

Oh my @Serendipity and @stevieb .... I just checked out the Chloe Marcie again .....  and I still love it too!!

@Boehm Collector @Serendipity... Step away from the over-priced bag, ladies...

Especially you Dipity... You've already fallen from grace... (ker-plunk...)

It's pretty but it's not THAT pretty. Besides, I've seen this silhouette done by others for far less, still leather, still beautiful...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Do you think that Alfred Dunner clothes look old lady?

Truth

I've heard Alfred Dunner described as 'assisted living chic'. Several years ago I did find a pair of AD petite pants that I wore for quite awhile. I wore my tops over the elastic waist to hide it. Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily and @Sister Golden Hair   Yes, I agree that AD clothes look old lady. Although, just like @EdithEllenLily, years ago I did have  pair of AD pants ... and always wore my tops over the elastic to hide it.

My mom likes this brand, but she is an older lady...  But really, if it appeals, does it matter...? Contrary to what they'd have us believe is popular opinion, none of us stays young forever and if we like something then we like it...

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to Mister Handy @handygal2...  I have a cousin whose birthday is the 30th and I'd always wished mine fell at this time of year instead of in late summer, which, to me, is among the most dreary times of the year.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yet another awful fringed bag...  Nice color though, and not as truly bad as some...

awful.png

@stevieb .. oh my .. that is one ugly bag!!!  I don't get this entire fringe obsession ... especially when there is so much of it. 

Isn't it hideous @Boehm Collector...  You know, there are all times, and we all know that there are, and this is one of them... when try as they might the designers and fashion industry just simply can't convince the masses that their current 'on trend and fashion forward looks' are as to die for as they'd like to have us believe...  There will always be a cadre who fall for this blarney, but fortunately, among many of us, cooler heads prevail...

Amen to that @stevieb

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb I looked at the Chloe Marcie again yesterday. Curses. I liked it even more. The zipper stayed together at the end and so it didn't drive me nuts. This was a new bag in the color nut. That's the color for me. If I were to go high-end bag, this might be the one. Gorgeous.

Oh my @Serendipity and @stevieb .... I just checked out the Chloe Marcie again .....  and I still love it too!!

It's pretty but it's not THAT pretty. Besides, I've seen this silhouette done by others for far less, still leather, still beautiful...

@stevieb ... can you provide the names of designers who have done this particular silhoutte?  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi @Serendipity @1Professor @skyblue @tough_kitty

This is the bracelet my Dad gave me:

IMG_1047.jpeg

What a gorgeous piece @Boehm Collector !!

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb ... can you provide the names of designers who have done this particular silhoutte?  

@Boehm Collector, Nope, sorry, I can't... I just know I've seen very similar looking bags in this silhouette while out and about and while browsing online...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi @Serendipity @1Professor @skyblue @tough_kitty

IMG_1047.jpeg

Thanks @stevieb ... I don't know why I never wore it before.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

IMG_1047.jpeg

Thanks @stevieb ... I don't know why I never wore it before.  

I don't either, it's lovely! But we all have pieces we 're-discover- and then wonder why we hadn't been wearing them...  Enjoy wearing it, @Boehm Collector !!!!