Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

How is everyone's weather?

I'm getting tired of the rain.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. no rain here in my section of NJ.  But it has gotten a bit colder.  It was in the 60's on Friday and today it is in the 40's

I know I had to put up my sandals and capris. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh, but Handy @handygal2... she knows all...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

images-1.jpeg

Relax ladies, looks like she has her sights set on Sister... for now anyway, but she's a shifty old broad and who knows who else she's watching...

stevie, who is the shifty old broad, HM or me?

Honored Contributor

Ladies, I draw your attention to that old adage that the more things change, the more they stay the same... The bench is being reinstated and so far, today alone, @Sister Golden Hair@Serendipity@EdithEllenLily and @handygal2 all need to find their places on it...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I get my exercise from going up and down the stairs.

One of the best exercise and you don't have to go outside.

And it doesn't cost a thing.

Back to the most important topics of the day.

HandbagsHeart

I have to say that I don't need anymore bags.

I know I have said it before but this has gotten out of hand.

I can't remember what I do have.

Just found that large Coach tote that I bought a while back.

I'm hanging my head in shameWoman Sad

@Sister Golden Hair Do not feel bad!!! At least you found it! Woman LOL I'm a stairs exerciser, too...always running around doing things! I saw your other post about collecting...I have A LOT of dishes in glass door cabinets...and A LOT of handbags...and I agree, it's good that we USE our handbags! Woman LOL

Edith, I love dishes too.

My collection is mostly Christmas dishes.

I found the most beautiful Christmas platter at a garage sale a dollar or two can't remember but I will have to go look at the brand.

@Sister Golden Hair@EdithEllenLily .. oh my... you made me think of my Dad.  He had a dish fetish.  He bought so many sets of bone china dishes I lost count!  He was a physician and handled all the physicals for the Mikasa employees in Town.  He often asked to be paid with sets of dishes instead of money!!!

images-1.jpeg

Oh good Lord... @EdithEllenLily already knows this, but add me too to the list of dish freaks... Raising my hand and admitting it, but I have been very controlled now for quite some time. 

Oh stevie, not you?

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Ladies, I draw your attention to that old adage that the more things change, the more they stay the same... The bench is being reinstated and so far, today alone, @Sister Golden Hair@Serendipity@EdithEllenLily and @handygal2 all need to find their places on it...

Woman Very Happy

@NycVixen Vix, you escaped again. What is your secret? Slippery fringe boots? Shape-shifting hobos? Suede jackets with built-in invisibility cloaklike ruffles?

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Woman Very Happy

@NycVixen Vix, you escaped again. What is your secret? Slippery fringe boots? Shape-shifting hobos? Suede jackets with built-in invisibility cloaklike ruffles?

Yes, I forgot, @NycVixen too... She's been quite the little enabler today...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb ... I was browsing in the Coach Website and found this olive bag... but they don't call it olive.  It is a Scout hobo.  I love the Scout.  It is the only bag I have in different colors:  one in navy and one in beige.  i love the two exterior pockets.  It doesn't seem like it given the dimensions but it is a really roomy bag.  I used the beige one most of last summer.  

34312_qbb75_a0.jpeg

Thanks for posting @Boehm Collector... I like this one and will take a closer look...

Woman Happy

@stevieb Not to burst any bubbles, but I didn't like Coach's leather olive tones when I saw them in store. The canvas and nylon color was spot on, but in the leather, it was drab or an off-green olive. Just my two cents. You might want to check out in person.

Honored Contributor

Yo there @EdithEllenLily... Did you miss me Edie baby... I sure did miss youse... Hopin' to see you soon, you know, if the old broad rolls into town... I got my shears all ready for you, babe...

080508-144604-229007.jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Oh, but Handy @handygal2... she knows all...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

Does she EVER @handygal2 and @stevieb!!! I'm still having flashbacks to this past summer when she was so mad at me! Woman Surprised

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb Boy was she ever...

Well, in fairness to HM, Edith did sort of push the envelope rather significantly... @Serendipity...

@stevieb There was that. Falling off the wagon with a thud is hard though. She was very good for such a long stretch. Hard to sustain the zero zero policty. Smiley Happy

I wasn't shopping @Serendipity...but I made too many requests with the itinerary and I mentioned the "W" word...it wasn't a very good idea, as it turned out. 

@EdithEllenLily OOOOoooooh yeah, now I remember.... Smiley Surprised and uniform, too.

Yes, at the end of the day, someone who shall remain nameless seemed to think she was heading off to a spa or a 5 star hotel rather than a rehab center... 

Woman Very Happy

It was all because of my lotta lotta curly auburn hair...Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb ... I was browsing in the Coach Website and found this olive bag... but they don't call it olive.  It is a Scout hobo.  I love the Scout.  It is the only bag I have in different colors:  one in navy and one in beige.  i love the two exterior pockets.  It doesn't seem like it given the dimensions but it is a really roomy bag.  I used the beige one most of last summer.  

Thanks for posting @Boehm Collector... I like this one and will take a closer look...

Woman Happy

@stevieb Not to burst any bubbles, but I didn't like Coach's leather olive tones when I saw them in store. The canvas and nylon color was spot on, but in the leather, it was drab or an off-green olive. Just my two cents. You might want to check out in person.

Not to worry @Serendipity... The only place I'm seeing this bag in olive is on their site and so I won't be ordering. I was hoping to find it at Macy's or L&T, but no dice, though they did have it in a very pretty ox blood. I'm actually good with my Klein olive hobo and I do have a larger Dennis Basso leather tote in an olive, albeit a rather drab one... Often wished I'd gotten the Basso tote in burgundy when it went on a good clearance but I waited too long... Sound familiar...?

On another subject, if you really think you won't use either of the red bags, then you should send them back or at least one of them... but they were really pretty... and, well, at least they're leather...

Woman Wink