Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@stevieb wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

USPS just picked up 4 packages on their way back to QVC. The AK soho is gone.... H by Halston cardigan gone........ a jewelry item gone... and the wrong orYANY bag....... bye bye... 

My purchases here are going to drop considerably. The quality of the merchandise is not the same as before. 

I agree @NycVixen and the variety isn't the same either. It occurs to me just how little I've bought from them this season and if this continues, well, I guess I won't be one of their 'average' customers going into the New Year. Their loss.

Hi @stevieb and @NycVixen .... for years I did the majority of my Christmas shopping with the Q.  Last year I did not purchase a single gift.  And this year.. so far... I have not purchased any either.  But I did purchase many Dooneys as gifts:  4 handbags and 2 wallets... none from the Q.  And the only one I paid full retail for was the Ohio State crossbody bag for my niece.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Anybody like these? If so, which one do you like best?

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Moonlight

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Chocolate Mousse

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Winterberry

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Berry Blast

Hi @stevieb .. not crazy about any of them.  They are just too bright for my taste. But if I had to choose one it would be the third one (burgundy and teal). 

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

USPS just picked up 4 packages on their way back to QVC. The AK soho is gone.... H by Halston cardigan gone........ a jewelry item gone... and the wrong orYANY bag....... bye bye... 

My purchases here are going to drop considerably. The quality of the merchandise is not the same as before. 

I agree @NycVixen and the variety isn't the same either. It occurs to me just how little I've bought from them this season and if this continues, well, I guess I won't be one of their 'average' customers going into the New Year. Their loss.

Hi @stevieb and @NycVixen .... for years I did the majority of my Christmas shopping with the Q.  Last year I did not purchase a single gift.  And this year.. so far... I have not purchased any either.  But I did purchase many Dooneys as gifts:  4 handbags and 2 wallets... none from the Q.  And the only one I paid full retail for was the Ohio State crossbody bag for my niece.

I know @Boehm Collector. I too used to do a significant amount of shopping, holiday and otherwise, here. This year, I've bought precisely one low cost gift and before it's over with I might buy one more from QVC. Their array of on-air offerings is dismal and if I want to scour websites for potential purchases, it's not likely to be this one. And yes, full retail pricing and high shipping along with stale programming, overexposed products and annoying hosts are a big part of the reason why.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Anybody like these? If so, which one do you like best?

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Moonlight

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Chocolate Mousse

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Winterberry

mywalit Women's Large East/West Multiway Tote, Berry Blast

@stevieb I like them all, but the first one best -- they remind me of rainbow calsilica! Cool. What brand is this?

@Serendipity, never heard of it but mywalit (as in my wallet).

@stevieb Oh, there was tons of that brand in Nordstrom Rack the other day. It was the first time I had seen it, but the quality was awesome and some of the designs too. I was checking out some of the wallets, in particular. Very good quality from what I saw.

Hi @Serendipity and @stevieb .. this is another brand I had never heard of before.  I like these:

front-thumb-1.jpg

front-thumb-2.jpg

front-thumb.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The Alto Valentina in olive... You know, for the next time I have a spare eight hundred bucks laying around gathering dust...

Valentina

Hi @stevieb ... I think the Dooney Alto collection is one of their most expensive lines.  The bag you posted is nice... but I would not pay $800.00 for it.  I do have a brown t'moro Alto Viola handbag.... but I paid $425.00 for it.  I think that is the most I ever spent on a Dooney.

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The Alto Valentina in olive... You know, for the next time I have a spare eight hundred bucks laying around gathering dust...

Valentina

@stevieb What type of leather is that? Looks like it could almost be suede given highs and lows, but I suspect it's not. This is gorgeous. Wish more of the regular line featured like this.

Hi @Serendipity .. actually the leather in the Alto line is rather "stiff" .. very structured.  Not suede at all.  

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Hello Sweet Handbag SistersHeart

Thought I would check in and see what everyone is doing tonight.

Serendipty, stevie is right about keeping your handbags.

I have my first Fossil that I bought and I still love it.

It has been so long that I can't even remember how long I have had it.

Edith, please be safe because I heard what was going on up there.

I'm not going to say because I sure don't want us to get poofed.

I'm making a trip to my Magic store tomorrow.

The one I always go to and hope I can collect some money.

Maybe there won't be anything new and exciting.

Then my SIL and I will eat Chinese..Yum

I wish everyone a blessed and peaceful ThanksgivingHeart

You too sister @Sister Golden Hair and enjoy your magical trip and lunch...

Was going to suggest the same to @EdithEllenLily. Beyond sad when the response to perceived tragedy is to create an even bigger tragedy... Even more sad is when it becomes normative...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

So does it feel like Friday night to anyone else?

Hi @Serendipity ...  I am off from work today, tomorrow and Friday ... and of course Saturday and Sunday.  Strange thing is that all day yesterday I thought it was Wednesday.  Don't know why.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Not knowing how active the thread will be for the next few days and before time slips away, just wanted to wish everyone a fulfilling and safe Thanksgiving...

Thanks stevie!!! Wishing same for all my handbag sisters Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @Sister Golden Hair @foo foo shi shi @handygal2 @NycVixen @skyblue @1Professor @tough_kitty @gramygram  Don't know whether I will be able to check in again before tomorrow.  So I want to wish all my Cyber Handbag Friends a Very Happy, Healthy and Safe Thanksgiving.  I'm off to do some cooking for tomorrow.  Best wishes, Maria