Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

foo foo, have you ever driven a car?

I can't even imagine not driving.

But I'm sure the subway is easy because you don't have to worry about a parking place.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair and @foo foo shi shi ....  I have been in subways in NYC; Washington DC; and Italy.  Don't like them at all... I'm totally confused so whenever I do take the subway I make sure I am with someone who knows where they are going.  I also cannot imagine not driving.  Whenever my car is not available (usually if it is in for repairs) I feel totally lost even if I don't have to go anywhere.  I used to love to drive but the older I get the less I like to drive.  It seems like all the crazys are on the road these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

But I'm sure the subway is easy because you don't have to worry about a parking place.

I drove a car once many years ago...Driving in the city (or in my case being driven in the city) can be a bit stressful. Public transportation is usually the best way to get around. And yes, it sure beats looking for a parking space, alternate side of the street parking and digging out a car when it snows.

@foo foo shi shi and @Sister Golden Hair    Public transportation is probably the way to go.... but I dislike public transportation more than I dislike driving these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

royal-sun-md (1).png

Good morning ladies... Some of you might remember me... At present, I'm part of the advance team for The Most Esteemed Head Mistress... She wanted me to ensure you all know that she's making a list and checking it twice... You know the rest...

The Most Beloved and Revered one can hardly wait to enhance the, uh, festive nature of your holiday season... She can also hardly wait for you to meet the rest of the members of her team... You see, she's added a few new ones...

You'll also be thrilled to know that attendance at The Academy is no longer required to enjoy... her intervention. Although The Academy has now gone world-wide (you simply wouldn't BELIEVE how many handbag addicts there are out there...) she's now maintaining a private practice... Some of you will be surprised to learn you've been signed up by concerned friends and love ones without even knowing it...

Do SO enjoy the holiday season, ladies, and believe me, there's more ahead from Our Adored One and her team... Santa Clause isn't the only one coming to town...

Hi @stevieb ... please tell the HM that I am trying to be:   images-1.jpeg

I must admit there aren't too many handbags that I am truly interested in these days.  But I am still admiring those SF's.

images-2.jpeg

I can only hope that I can continue to resist temptation and make the HM proud.  

images-3.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

I drove a car once many years ago...Driving in the city (or in my case being driven in the city) can be a bit stressful. Public transportation is usually the best way to get around. And yes, it sure beats looking for a parking space, alternate side of the street parking and digging out a car when it snows.

@foo foo shi shi I agree that public transportation is the way to go in New York City!! When I lived in New Jersey for five years, I was only 30 minutes out, so on weekends I would drive over the George Washington Bridge and park for free on the West Side Highway (who knows if you can even do that anymore). Then I would walk around or take a bus, cab or subway from there. One time I had to drive into NYC. My sister and brother-in-law were staying at the Hilton and he had run the NYC marathon. I drove in to see them and take them out to dinner and over to Garden City so he could show us the house where he grew up, which was very nice. I looked at the map and thought, I can do this! In reality, I was scared to death. I thought it would be best to drive like the taxi cab drivers to keep up. I drove like hello if you know what I mean. My sister and brother-in-law were cracking up, but we got to where we were going just fine. My palms are sweaty remembering that drive. Never again! Woman Surprised

Driving in Manhattan is not for the faint-of-heart! I live in the suburbs of NYC, and l have NEVER, nor will l EVER, drive into Manhattan. I'll drive anywhere else, but that brand of white-knuckles driving is not for me!

@handygal2 @EdithEllenLily @foo foo shi shi     I used to drive to Manhattan occasionally when my brother was doing his residency at New York Hospital (I think it was around 68th Street).  He would take the bus home on Friday nights and we would drive him back on Sunday night.  Usually my Dad took him back but on the rare occasion when Dad was not available I had to take him.  I have to admit driving in Manhattan on a Sunday night was not as bad as the rest of the week.  But I still felt like I was playing tackle football with the taxi drivers.  

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

DRUMROLLHeart

The MCM came today and it is realHeart

I called the company and talked to a really nice woman and told her everything about the bag.

It was made in Germany and has all the right parts to make it real.

This was a real findHeart

I'm going to send a thank-you to the lady that was so nice to send it to me.

No, I'm not going to tell her it is real.

One thing, it is a crossbody (two straps, short and long) but it is missing the long strap.

Other than that, it is in perfect condition.

Really can't believe it doesn't show any signs of use.

I'm glad everyone told me to check it outHeart

And Vixen put me over the top.

This thread has really been a learning experience for me.

I thank everyone for being my handbag daughtersHeart

@Sister Golden Hair CONGRATULATIONS on your MCM handbag!!! I'm excited for you!!! Woman Very Happy

P.S. Regarding your last line, I will take the bait and tell you that there is absolutely NO WAY I could be your daughter. LOL! Woman LOL I'm older than many of you think I am. Woman Surprised SO...think of me as your handbag sister! Woman Happy

@stevieb What about you? Could you be SGH's handbag daughter? Woman Wink

Hi @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @stevieb ...  I know I can't be @Sister Golden Hair's daughter... but definitely her sister!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

DRUMROLLHeart

I called the company and talked to a really nice woman and told her everything about the bag.

One thing, it is a crossbody (two straps, short and long) but it is missing the long strap.

@Sister Golden Hair CONGRATULATIONS on your MCM handbag!!! I'm excited for you!!! Woman Very Happy

P.S. Regarding your last line, I will take the bait and tell you that there is absolutely NO WAY I could be your daughter. LOL! Woman LOL I'm older than many of you think I am. Woman Surprised SO...think of me as your handbag sister! Woman Happy

@EdithEllenLily@Sister Golden Hair@stevieb: l think Vixen could be a handbag daughter to some of us, LOL.

Yes, @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair@stevieb @handygal2 @NycVixen ... I am sure that I am old enough to be @NycVixen's mother!!

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@EdithEllenLily@Sister Golden Hair@stevieb: l think Vixen could be a handbag daughter to some of us, LOL.

@handygal2 I think you are right. Woman Wink

Possibly @Serendipity, too, if we were young teenage mothers. Woman Surprised

Yes, @handygal2 @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @stevieb @NycVixen ..... I think I could be @Serendipity's mother also.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

DRUMROLLHeart

Yes, @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair@stevieb @handygal2 @NycVixen ... I am sure that I am old enough to be @NycVixen's mother!!

Let's assume VERY YOUNG mothers, LOL.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Well, my sweet sisters, I'm sure glad that I'm a part of this familyHeart

Now my sisters, confess, what handbags have you been looking at today??

Yes, @Sister Golden Hair   I agree!!!

images-1.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

DRUMROLLHeart

@Sister Golden Hair  I KNEW IT WAS REAL!!!! YES!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY!!! I'm glad I was able to persuade you. I've been MIA preparing for a great job opportunity... everyone please wish me luck and send good thoughts my way.

I don't mind being your handbag daughter or sister!!! Woman Wink

@NycVixen   wishing musch luck on your new job opportunity!!!   

Unknown.jpeg