Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@NycVixen wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Vixen, how many boots do you haveWoman Wink

@Sister Golden Hair  Over the years, I would say close to 15-20 pairs. 

Do you have a favorite brand and style?

I'm looking for something that looks good but yet comfy.

And I do want knee high.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

NycVixen, I have been trying to find a nativity set .

We bought one for our granddaughter (she is 3) to have when she is grown.

Now I'm looking for our grandson.

I'm liking the Valerie one and it is on sale.

Their Mother and Mor Mor (Swedish for Grandmother) have collected nativity sets.

I want something nice that can be passed down.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. that is such a sweet gesture.  One that I am sure your grandchildren will cherish.  My Mom and Dad gave me a complete Lenox Nativity set years ago.  They gave me a few pieces each year until I had the entire set.  The figurines are all pure white and absolutely stunning.  I put the set under my tree every year .. and think of Mom and Dad.  

Boehm, I found some of the lenox sets and they are so pretty.

Honored Contributor

Good to see everyoneHeart

I need to close for the night.

Sweet Dreams

Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

Vixen, how many boots do you haveWoman Wink

@Sister Golden Hair  Over the years, I would say close to 15-20 pairs. 

Do you have a favorite brand and style?

I'm looking for something that looks good but yet comfy.

And I do want knee high.

@Sister Golden Hair  I would recommend a riding boot in either a cognac color or black with tan on the upper part of the boot. I find that I use these two the most and they pair well with everything from leggings, skinny jeans, dresses and skirts. They can look casual or dressy depending on the outfit. But the best part is that they always looks stylish. I recommend to get them from a nicer brand like Ralph Lauren etc. since most have a nice touch of hardware and the styling is more refined.

DSW and MyHabit have a nice selection of tall boots at reasonable prices.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Their Mother and Mor Mor (Swedish for Grandmother) have collected nativity sets.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. that is such a sweet gesture.  One that I am sure your grandchildren will cherish.  My Mom and Dad gave me a complete Lenox Nativity set years ago.  They gave me a few pieces each year until I had the entire set.  The figurines are all pure white and absolutely stunning.  I put the set under my tree every year .. and think of Mom and Dad.  

Hi @Sister Golden Hair ....  I found some photos of the Lenox Nativity set I have on line. The photos are not all that clear but you can get an idea of what it is like.  Dad passed away on June 18, 1994 and Mom passed away on October 1, 2009.

images-1.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

images-5.jpeg

images-6.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @Sister Golden Hair ....  I found some photos of the Lenox Nativity set I have on line. The photos are not all that clear but you can get an idea of what it is like.  Dad passed away on June 18, 1994 and Mom passed away on October 1, 2009.

images-1.jpeg

images-2.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

images-5.jpeg

images-6.jpeg

@Boehm Collector..what a beautiful nativity collection. Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of RL I had a tote that I carried literally until I couldn't carry it another day but I had it for so many years.

@stevieb - I guess I should have known by the title of the woven bag when it included embossed I was thinking along the lines of Cole Haan's woven leather bag that I brought many years ago and it's still a beauty.  Still what was D&B thinking with that name plate on the front?  I hope they are not starting a trend with that.

Honored Contributor

I have to confess, b/c l've always been honest, and l'm not about to stop now. I didn't keep my pledge to not buy another handbag until first quarter 2016.

l needed a denim-friendly bag, as l wear jeans almost every day. Macy's had a great sale yesterday, and l've always wanted a Patricia Nash bag. I found one online last night, only an hour before midnight, when the sale would end. I got a $200 bag for $119. It's a beautiful vintage boho look.

l know l recently bought 2 bags on eBay, but l also needed Bordeaux and olive colors. Now l finally have every color l need! I still crave a woven one, but that will wait. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have these 3 bags at an average of 50% discount.

My handbag appetite has been fully satiated now, so l won't have any inner demons left to torment me-- until first quarter 2016!!

image.jpg

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

Hey @Serendipity...I was at MZW store last night. All I can say is the Graphite and Cameo Luster bags are fabulous! I was drooling over the Graphite Luster Haley...they added the double diamond sequins charm. Mmm, mmm

Trusted Contributor

Well @handygal2 if you had to break your pledge this was a great choice! Love it and love the color 😍 !