Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Opinions needed ladies... On the TSV... elephant, midnight or red...? Weigh in, please...

@stevieb Well the elephant here looks very much like taupe, but I have never seen this color in person. You know I had been after a midnight blue bag, and I really like the contrast with the brown leather trim. Having just received the red Buckley, I might be influenced to say red, especially if you're looking for a red bag. But overall, I think my pick would be the blue because of the trim. But the red a close second.

I haven't seen seen it in person, but I am drawn to the elephant!

Hey Sky @skyblue and Maria @Boehm Collector... I think I've decided that if I get this bag, I'm going with the tried and true... That would be black... Go figure...

@stevieb That's the one @1Professor ordered...but sent back...

I know @EdithEllenLily but she had a problem with not being able to fold the handles in. Others haven't had that problem and even if it was an issue, you know me, I'll be using the handles. I wouldn't want to fold them in... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

I see some lovely handbags posted (Chloe, Dooney, Tano)...

I've had a bit of stress at work and a couple of family members have been ill so I've been too wiped out to hang out on the boards the last week or so. I finally feel rested enough to stop in a chat tonight. How's everyone doing? 

Hello foo foo

Glad things have calmed down. Hope your family is feeling better.

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

I see some lovely handbags posted (Chloe, Dooney, Tano)...

I've had a bit of stress at work and a couple of family members have been ill so I've been too wiped out to hang out on the boards the last week or so. I finally feel rested enough to stop in a chat tonight. How's everyone doing? 

Hello foo foo

Glad things have calmed down. Hope your family is feeling better.

Thanks @Sister Golden Hair. Mother and grandmother have different health issues but both are recovering nicely.

@foo foo shi shi Glad they're doing better and that you can try to exhale a bit over the weekend. Heart

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Hello Handbag SweetiesHeart

I guess that Coach pouch was waiting for me to come back and buy itWoman Wink

That one was red and the other Coach pouch was brown.

The a very pretty Tig zip around wallet in pewterHeart

There were a couple more things but I'm going to think it over because we are going back on Tuesday.

And to top it all off, it didn't cost me because I had money coming..YEAH

Hey Sister @Sister Golden Hair...  Not too bad. You'll be happy to know we're thinking about re-opening the Outhouse and that Serendiptiy and Vixen are at the front of the line...

stevie, I did pick up 4 bags to sell. Spent $2.00

So I don't think that will put me in the outhouse.

Now come Tuesday, that may changeWoman Wink

I'm thinking that we need to make the punishment tougher.

The outhouse on an island in the middle of a lake down by Branson.

No phones, no boats, no Nothing!!

@Sister Golden Hair WHY SGH? WHY? Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

There were a couple more things but I'm going to think it over because we are going back on Tuesday.

Hey Sister @Sister Golden Hair...  Not too bad. You'll be happy to know we're thinking about re-opening the Outhouse and that Serendiptiy and Vixen are at the front of the line...

You might be right @Sister Golden Hair... but even so, @Serendipity would still be at or near the front of the line... That girl needs some serious discipline... I know!! Maybe we need to add a wood shed to the outhouse... She'd always be in one or the other !!

Woman Very Happy

Unknown-1.jpeg

@stevieb @Sister Golden Hair

Hard knocks @Serendipity... Tsk, tsk.. You made your bed and now you have to wallow in it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice selection @EdithEllenLily... I'll have to go to their site and take a look... Like the green croco, though it wasn't what I initially had in mind for this bag... Love the little coin purses too...

Woman Wink

Edited to note, I never used my percent off for signing up for emails, but now I don't have the code... Doesn't it just figure...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Opinions needed ladies... On the TSV... elephant, midnight or red...? Weigh in, please...

@stevieb Well the elephant here looks very much like taupe, but I have never seen this color in person. You know I had been after a midnight blue bag, and I really like the contrast with the brown leather trim. Having just received the red Buckley, I might be influenced to say red, especially if you're looking for a red bag. But overall, I think my pick would be the blue because of the trim. But the red a close second.

I haven't seen seen it in person, but I am drawn to the elephant!

Hey Sky @skyblue and Maria @Boehm Collector... I think I've decided that if I get this bag, I'm going with the tried and true... That would be black... Go figure...

@stevieb That's the one @1Professor ordered...but sent back...

I know @EdithEllenLily but she had a problem with not being able to fold the handles in. Others haven't had that problem and even if it was an issue, you know me, I'll be using the handles. I wouldn't want to fold them in... 

@stevieb Oh yes, that was it; I forgot. Well, IF you order and receive it, I will be curious to know what you think of it. 

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

I signed up for MZ Wallace emails and received a 15% off code to use within 30 days. I'm trying not to look too close at their emails! Woman Surprised 

@EdithEllenLily Uh-oh. You will get hooked, EEL! But I do kinda hope you get one. Don't you think @foo foo shi shi?

Careful EEL @EdithEllenLily, she just wants you to get one because she thinks it'll take the heat off of her... She's a sneaky one, is that @Serendipity...  She bears watching... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

If any of you are interested in acquiring a Hermes bag, this article is a real eye-opener.http://nypost.com/2015/11/06/resale-retailers-booming-because-of-birkin-bags-scarce-supply/

Ridiculous... And despite the artificial scarcity, it seems everyone is now doing a version of this bag that's every bit as attractive and costs a great deal less. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason these days to wait for the real thing is the supposed 'prestige' factor, which, for me, isn't a factor... I don't care how well they're supposedly made, their price range is ludicrous.

@handygal2 Yeah. I have no interest in this bag ever. Not even the lookalikes. No bag should cost more than a car. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair WHY SGH? WHY? Smiley Surprised

You've forced our hand @Serendipity... Great idea @Sister Golden Hair...

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Thanks for your opinion on the TSV @Serendipity...  The blue is definitely a contender. I'm thinking the other two aren't, though I find the red quite pretty. I think this is going to come down to between blue, black and nada...

@stevieb Are you going to wait for the presentation or preorder to make sure you get a new one? When is that presentation, not for another week or so, yes?

I don't remember the date @Serendipity. If I decide on black, I'll preorder, if not, I'll wait... This bag has been out there for so long even ordering now, there's no guarantee of a new one... Honestly.

@stevieb That makes sense. And I suppose that's true. You know, I realize now that I got returns on TSVs in the past when I thought I was one of the first to order, but I thought no way, how could that be. So dismissed it. Now I know there's this insider, etc. But my red Buckley is new!

That red and brown Buckley is a superstar... Love it @Serendipity

@stevieb Thanks! I'm telling myself I need to put it away and break it out in December, but I don't know... I don't have your and BC's out of sight out of mind will power. But that was my Christmas bag to myself so I am goign to try to save it. And I am done now. Besides which, Christmas shopping and some big priorities in the new year. Like a new sofa. And other things. So ...

Hi @Serendipity ..... it's not easy to keep them out of mind!!!    But I am trying!!  Have no idea how long it will last!  LOL

images-2.jpeg

@Boehm Collector Did you search the house to try to find them? That would be revealing. Heh, heh, heh.