Valued Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

I see some lovely handbags posted (Chloe, Dooney, Tano)...

I've had a bit of stress at work and a couple of family members have been ill so I've been too wiped out to hang out on the boards the last week or so. I finally feel rested enough to stop in a chat tonight. How's everyone doing? 

Honored Contributor

I'm finally home after a very long day.

Started at 7:30am and was gone all day.

Rummage sales, garage sales, craft shows, flea markets and finally my Magic store again.

Even though I'm taking my sister-in-law to the doctor on Tuesday, where the Magic store is there.

But my SIL saw a handbag yesterday that she wanted, so we went back today.

And I found a black leather tote (Calvin Klein) that I really want but didn't buy.

So I'm going to ponder it over the weekend.

And we found a new place to eat that has seafoodHeart

Not as good as Red Lobster but not bad for a small town.

I'm still drooling over that Frye handbag.

The Frye wallet sold so I can't have a bag without the walletWoman Wink

Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

I've had a bit of stress at work and a couple of family members have been ill so I've been too wiped out to hang out on the boards the last week or so. I finally feel rested enough to stop in a chat tonight. How's everyone doing? 

Hey Foo... @foo foo shi shi... Hanging in as best one can... Nasty day here today, so I opted to just blow it off... Stayed in bed most of the day dozing and reading... Sort of a waste, but so be it...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

Hello foo foo

Glad things have calmed down. Hope your family is feeling better.

Valued Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ladies, is it just me or does it seem EEL has been eerily quiet about purchases...? I, for one, am not believing for a minute that she's not shopping, nor am I believing for a miunte that the lone Issac bag she posted is the only bag she's purchased lately.

@stevieb I SEE you, and I see you three who have given this hearts!!! 

Correction: the lone Isaac bag she posted is the only bag she's kept lately.

Woman Happy Happily waiting for the 12 Days of Dooney!

Each to their own @EdithEllenLily and while Dooney makes some nice bags, I will NEVER understand this ONGOING fixation on this single brand...

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily Keeping an eye out for the Bristol for Mom. As for me, more tempted by the MZ advent days. (For the subjective one!) LOL. OK, I'll stop now. My reaction to being outhoused. Smiley LOL

Didn't you order two domes, you know, "for mom" Woman Wink... ?

@stevieb Yep. One arrived today. Chestnut. All sticky on bottom. I will have to take a look at it during the day tomorrow. I don't know how anyone has audacity to use something and return it grimy, etc. Just don't understand. Smiley Frustrated

Hi @Serendipity ... a few years ago I purchased a NEW B. Makowsky handbag (NOT an As IS bag)..... it was full of candy, half eaten candy and empty candy wrappers!  YUK! I packed back up and returned it immediately.  That was the last time I purchased a handbag from the Q.

images-1.jpeg

That's horrible and disgusting.  I would be furious if this happened to me and QVC should be appalled.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Hello Handbag SweetiesHeart

I guess that Coach pouch was waiting for me to come back and buy itWoman Wink

That one was red and the other Coach pouch was brown.

The a very pretty Tig zip around wallet in pewterHeart

There were a couple more things but I'm going to think it over because we are going back on Tuesday.

And to top it all off, it didn't cost me because I had money coming..YEAH

Hey Sister @Sister Golden Hair...  Not too bad. You'll be happy to know we're thinking about re-opening the Outhouse and that Serendiptiy and Vixen are at the front of the line...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skyblue wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Opinions needed ladies... On the TSV... elephant, midnight or red...? Weigh in, please...

@stevieb Well the elephant here looks very much like taupe, but I have never seen this color in person. You know I had been after a midnight blue bag, and I really like the contrast with the brown leather trim. Having just received the red Buckley, I might be influenced to say red, especially if you're looking for a red bag. But overall, I think my pick would be the blue because of the trim. But the red a close second.

I haven't seen seen it in person, but I am drawn to the elephant!

Hey Sky @skyblue and Maria @Boehm Collector... I think I've decided that if I get this bag, I'm going with the tried and true... That would be black... Go figure...

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

Hey Foo... @foo foo shi shi... Hanging in as best one can... Nasty day here today, so I opted to just blow it off... Stayed in bed most of the day dozing and reading... Sort of a waste, but so be it...

Woman Wink

Hey @stevieb  I relish those sleepy days when it's cold out and you stay nice and cozy inside. Sounds great to me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Actually @EdithEllenLily, it's a very cute silhouette... but that color... oy...

@stevieb You crack me up. Woman LOL 

I may have told you and everyone here that I was surprised how much I liked that Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel silhouette. I would get it again in another color I liked. Usually I do not prefer handles that stick up, but these did not bother me at all. The saffiano leather was wonderful and wiped clean easily. It smelled great, too. Space-wise inside, it was perfect. A winner! Heart

@EdithEllenLily I'd definitely do it in another color... In fact, I think I considered it in white, but didn't follow through. Let me know if you see it in other options. Even though I'm sort of over the whole perforated thing, it's still a look I like a lot and do like the silhouette of this bag.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Ugghhh.. Anthropologie used Lasership to ship the hobo bag.

I've never dealt with them before but have read horror stories in these forums of how they just drop it off w/o knocking. I live in a co-op; if they just leave it at the entrance w/o knocking or if I'm not home if will go missing most likely. 

They have the nerve to charge so much for shipping (even though I got it waived) and they use Lasership! 

@NycVixen Oh boo, I really hope you don't have any trouble, Vix. But at least you called and made a notation. 

Hi @NycVixen and @Serendipity ... I can't stand Lasership.  They definitely do not knock or ring the door bell.  They just leave the package on our front steps even when we are home....and in spite of the fact that there is a note on the door stating that all packages have to be left at the back door if no one is home.  

You need need fur babies to alert you to deliveries! Just the sound of the truck perks them up ready to spring into action if needed! @Boehm Collector @Serendipity @NycVixen

Hi @skyblue ... I would love to have a fur baby.  But with my DH and I at work all day O would fee guilty leaving the poor animal cooped up alone in the house all day.  Plus we don't have a fenced in yard for it to play and run around in.  

@Boehm Collector, consider adopting a cat...  They do fine indoors and don't require a lot of room to play or exercise...