Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Ladies, is it just me or does it seem EEL has been eerily quiet about purchases...? I, for one, am not believing for a minute that she's not shopping, nor am I believing for a miunte that the lone Issac bag she posted is the only bag she's purchased lately.

@stevieb I SEE you, and I see you three who have given this hearts!!! 

Correction: the lone Isaac bag she posted is the only bag she's kept lately.

Woman Happy Happily waiting for the 12 Days of Dooney!

Each to their own @EdithEllenLily and while Dooney makes some nice bags, I will NEVER understand this ONGOING fixation on this single brand...

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily Keeping an eye out for the Bristol for Mom. As for me, more tempted by the MZ advent days. (For the subjective one!) LOL. OK, I'll stop now. My reaction to being outhoused. Smiley LOL

Didn't you order two domes, you know, "for mom" Woman Wink... ?

@stevieb Yep. One arrived today. Chestnut. All sticky on bottom. I will have to take a look at it during the day tomorrow. I don't know how anyone has audacity to use something and return it grimy, etc. Just don't understand. Smiley Frustrated

Hi @Serendipity ... a few years ago I purchased a NEW B. Makowsky handbag (NOT an As IS bag)..... it was full of candy, half eaten candy and empty candy wrappers!  YUK! I packed back up and returned it immediately.  That was the last time I purchased a handbag from the Q.

images-1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

I'm in love with the "Coach Swagger Metallic Blue"Heart

There is a patchwork one too.

Saw them in my Vogue magazine.

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. I just checked them out on the Coach website.   They are very nice.  Which one in particular are you interested in?

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

The new Alto Valentina... At over seven hundred bucks, I'd say they've pretty much gone around the bend...

Valentina

Unbelievably ridiculous price for a pretty bag!

Yes it is @skyblue.  Pretty, but, to me anyway, nothing special enough to warrant the cost !!

@stevieb  and @skyblue .. nice bag ... but I don't think I would spend that kind of money on a Dooney.

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair @handygal2 @stevieb @Serendipity @EdithEllenLily 

Here are a few pics of the bag so you can get a better idea. BTW, I forgot to mention that it smells leathermazing!!! It has that great leather smell!!!

Pulicati Bag 1.JPG

Pulicati Bag 2.JPG

Pulicati Bag 3.JPG

Pulicati Bag 4.JPG

@NycVixen .. really lovely handbag!!

images-1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Thanks for your opinion on the TSV @Serendipity...  The blue is definitely a contender. I'm thinking the other two aren't, though I find the red quite pretty. I think this is going to come down to between blue, black and nada...

@stevieb Are you going to wait for the presentation or preorder to make sure you get a new one? When is that presentation, not for another week or so, yes?

I don't remember the date @Serendipity. If I decide on black, I'll preorder, if not, I'll wait... This bag has been out there for so long even ordering now, there's no guarantee of a new one... Honestly.

@stevieb That makes sense. And I suppose that's true. You know, I realize now that I got returns on TSVs in the past when I thought I was one of the first to order, but I thought no way, how could that be. So dismissed it. Now I know there's this insider, etc. But my red Buckley is new!

That red and brown Buckley is a superstar... Love it @Serendipity

@stevieb Thanks! I'm telling myself I need to put it away and break it out in December, but I don't know... I don't have your and BC's out of sight out of mind will power. But that was my Christmas bag to myself so I am goign to try to save it. And I am done now. Besides which, Christmas shopping and some big priorities in the new year. Like a new sofa. And other things. So ...

Hi @Serendipity ..... it's not easy to keep them out of mind!!!    But I am trying!!  Have no idea how long it will last!  LOL

images-2.jpeg

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

BC that is awful! Smiley Sad that would keep me from buying too as a matter of fact ordered two others before the D&B TSV that I returned because they were defective. Didn't get original shipping back so not trying again in the future unless it's something I really know I will like. Shipping on most bags has gone up to almost 13.00 dllrs 😱

Honored Contributor

If any of you are interested in acquiring a Hermes bag, this article is a real eye-opener.http://nypost.com/2015/11/06/resale-retailers-booming-because-of-birkin-bags-scarce-supply/

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

If any of you are interested in acquiring a Hermes bag, this article is a real eye-opener.http://nypost.com/2015/11/06/resale-retailers-booming-because-of-birkin-bags-scarce-supply/

Ridiculous... And despite the artificial scarcity, it seems everyone is now doing a version of this bag that's every bit as attractive and costs a great deal less. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason these days to wait for the real thing is the supposed 'prestige' factor, which, for me, isn't a factor... I don't care how well they're supposedly made, their price range is ludicrous.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @Sister Golden Hair .. I just checked them out on the Coach website.   They are very nice.  Which one in particular are you interested in?

Hi Boehm, I didn't know there were different styles. I will have to look.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi Boehm, I didn't know there were different styles. I will have to look.

Boehm, it is the Swagger 20 and Swagger 27 in the metallic's.