Honored Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Do you think that Alfred Dunner clothes look old lady?

Truth

I've heard Alfred Dunner described as 'assisted living chic'. Several years ago I did find a pair of AD petite pants that I wore for quite awhile. I wore my tops over the elastic waist to hide it. Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily and @Sister Golden Hair   Yes, I agree that AD clothes look old lady. Although, just like @EdithEllenLily, years ago I did have  pair of AD pants ... and always wore my tops over the elastic to hide it.

@Sister Golden Hair I had never heard of this line, but looked it up online and yes, would agree. Pants especially. At least the pieces I saw. Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb I looked at the Chloe Marcie again yesterday. Curses. I liked it even more. The zipper stayed together at the end and so it didn't drive me nuts. This was a new bag in the color nut. That's the color for me. If I were to go high-end bag, this might be the one. Gorgeous.

Oh my @Serendipity and @stevieb .... I just checked out the Chloe Marcie again .....  and I still love it too!!

@Boehm Collector @Serendipity... Step away from the over-priced bag, ladies...

Especially you Dipity... You've already fallen from grace... (ker-plunk...)

It's pretty but it's not THAT pretty. Besides, I've seen this silhouette done by others for far less, still leather, still beautiful...

@stevieb ... can you provide the names of designers who have done this particular silhoutte?  

@Boehm Collector @stevieb Yes, could you? That would be nice.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb I looked at the Chloe Marcie again yesterday. Curses. I liked it even more. The zipper stayed together at the end and so it didn't drive me nuts. This was a new bag in the color nut. That's the color for me. If I were to go high-end bag, this might be the one. Gorgeous.

Oh my @Serendipity and @stevieb .... I just checked out the Chloe Marcie again .....  and I still love it too!!

@Boehm Collector @Serendipity... Step away from the over-priced bag, ladies...

Especially you Dipity... You've already fallen from grace... (ker-plunk...)

It's pretty but it's not THAT pretty. Besides, I've seen this silhouette done by others for far less, still leather, still beautiful...

@stevieb ... can you provide the names of designers who have done this particular silhoutte?  

@Boehm Collector, Nope, sorry, I can't... I just know I've seen very similar looking bags in this silhouette while out and about and while browsing online...

@stevieb @Boehm Collector Oh well...

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector Cute emoticons, BC and lovely bracelet. Should you see the Chloe bag out while shopping with your niece, do report back what you think of it in real life. There's just something about the design of that particular bag. Then again, if you bring one home, let us know! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Happy Birthday to Mister Handy @handygal2...  I have a cousin whose birthday is the 30th and I'd always wished mine fell at this time of year instead of in late summer, which, to me, is among the most dreary times of the year.

Thanks @stevieb. Mine's in late summer too (Virgo). As a child l always disliked associating it with the summer ending, and having to return to school.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi @Serendipity @1Professor @skyblue @tough_kitty

This is the bracelet my Dad gave me:

IMG_1046.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

@Boehm Collector: It's beautiful, and has sentimental value too. Enjoy wearing it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi  @Serendipity @1Professor @tough_kitty @skyblue  ..... tomorrow (Sunday) I will be going to the Mall with my middle niece (the 17 year old).  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am just hoping that it not turn out to be a dangerous shopping spree.  

Enjoy your day out with your niece, @Boehm Collector, and try to behave. You don't want to be a bad influence on her! Lol.

or SHE might be a bad influence on ME!!!  She goes shopping quite often!!  LOL  

images-1.jpeg

@Boehm Collector I LOVE your new emoticons, especially this one. I love her eyelashes and that wink! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Well now Maria, @Boehm Collector, perhaps I'll be selective around whom I feel might benefit from the out house, tough love, being benched, etc... experience... er... shtick... Quite clearly, there were (and are) some on whom it was just wasted energy and continually fell on deaf ears.  But I do see that since I've tamed the tiger, there is an AWFUL lot of talk of shopping trips, a lot of frivolous purchases being made and at least one terribly (and I mean terribly...) ill-advised purchase made by @Serendipity... I'll give this due consideration but do keep in mind that purchases of expensive jewelry are also a potential cause for spending time in the, um, big house... should I decide to have those wooden planks removed from the doors...

Woman Wink

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily @stevieb that's the LC bag you both have as a lunchtime special, isn't it? 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Happy Birthday to Mister Handy @handygal2...  I have a cousin whose birthday is the 30th and I'd always wished mine fell at this time of year instead of in late summer, which, to me, is among the most dreary times of the year.

@stevieb Today is my cousin's 50th birthday! He's freakin' about getting the AARP mailing! I sent him a nice T'Moro brown Dooney wallet and he loved it. His wife's 50th birthday is in early December, so I'll go shopping in my secret squirrelled away places here and find her a new Dooney! Gotta have a little something-something to ease the pain! Woman Happy