Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @NycVixen @Sister Golden Hair @handygal2 @skyblue @1Professor  @Serendipity @foo foo shi shi @tough_kitty   I have been thinking about my Dooney & Bourke Alto Viola.  I wanted it in navy but by the time I was ready to purchase it (this was a few years ago) they had discontinued it in navy ... so I got it in the brown T-moro.  I really think I will dig it out soon so I can use it.  

images.jpeg

Great looking bag @Boehm Collector...

You seem to prefer structured bags, it seems.

Hi @stevieb ... actually I like a mixture.... some structured ... some not.  I even like bags that puddle ...as long as it isn't too much.

@Boehm Collector...what a beautiful bag!  Love it!!

Thanks @foo foo shi shi !

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @handygal2 ...  I once took an inventory of all the bags I own and did list them in a post in last quarters thread.  But I cannot remember the exact count now... although I have added two more bags since.  I would say a good estimate would be about 35 - 40 bags

Thanks for your reply, @Boehm Collector. That's my goal exactly-- to pare down my collection to just that amount, which seems like a very reasonable number. I found bags that l didn't even remember l had, and l could easily do without. The closet-purge project will begin eventually. (I'm a procrastinator, lol.)

Oh my @handygal2 ... I thought I had a lot of handbags!!  How many do you have?!?!?!

@Boehm Collector: l was shocked when l took stock in the far-reaches of my closet, and counted over 60. But many of those are going to either consignment or charity. And l promise never to let it get that out-of-control again! All of you are my witnesses! LOL.

Hi @handygal2 ... good luck with that.  My addiction to handbags has certainly gotten worse since finding this group... but I must admit I am having lots of fun!!!

@Boehm Collector It's the temptress @stevieb with all those high-end handbag postings that nabbed you, BC! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink

@Serendipity ... yes, without a doubt it was all stevieb's @stevieb doing.  I would not have thought about highend bags if she hadn't mentioned them!!!!

She says after she posts a pic of her Alto, which borders on that high end price point...  Bull malarkey, I say, @Boehm Collector... don't blame me for leading those without internal controls into temptation... But hey, it's a new world order around here, in case you hadn't heard. The Headmistress and the school marm have been shipped off to points unknown, the out house (both of them) have had locks placed on their doors and the bench has been turned into kindling. Anything goes now, Maria... It pretty much always did, but now, well, it's a no holds barred kind of a thing... You want another Ferragamo, go for it. Heck, buy two... buy one in every color... buy two in every color... Stock your gift wing... Give them away to complete strangers (they make excellent gifts)... Whatever you want to do... Nosireee, you won't have stevieb to kick around anymore... No more trying to be the voice of reason for the unreasonable... I'll continue to monitor my own bag acquisitions, others can do the same... or not... as they wish...

Oh Oh @stevieb .. sounds like you are angry with me.  If you are, I truly did not intend to offend or upset you.  I was only kidding.  I have to admit that I had not given high end bags a single thought until you mentioned them ...... but of course, you cannot compel me to make any purchases.  The only one I have to blame for that is myself.  So, in any event, I truly apologize for upsetting you.  Still friends????

Of course we're still friends @Boehm Collector...  Not angry with you at all...  I just wanted to be sure you knew about the new approach around here... I figured if you can't beat 'em, well then, stop pounding your head against a wall... !! Besides which, ulike some... your purchases and collection are and always have been well within the bounds of fully reasonable. As for the Alto, I was teasing you. It's a great bag and if you've only used it once or twice then yes, you need to dig that one out and use it!

Heart Woman Wink

Gee @stevieb  I think everyone was actually enjoying the entire HM, bench, outhouse dialogs!  In any event ..... glad we're still cyber friends.  I am trying to be good.  But there are so many beautiful handbags and so much gorgeous 14k and 18k gold jewelry pieces calling my name.  I am attempting to play deaf ... but don't know how long it will last.  I was going through my jewelry the other day and came across a 14k gold bracelet my Dad bought for me years ago.  He has been gone for over 21 years so you can imagine how old it is.  Believe it or not I had never worn it.  It is quite beautiful so I cannot understand why.  Been wearing it all week.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi  @Serendipity @1Professor @tough_kitty @skyblue  ..... tomorrow (Sunday) I will be going to the Mall with my middle niece (the 17 year old).  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am just hoping that it not turn out to be a dangerous shopping spree.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Sister Golden Hair @NycVixen @handygal2 @foo foo shi shi  @Serendipity @1Professor @tough_kitty @skyblue  ..... tomorrow (Sunday) I will be going to the Mall with my middle niece (the 17 year old).  I'm really looking forward to it.  I am just hoping that it not turn out to be a dangerous shopping spree.  

Enjoy your day out with your niece, @Boehm Collector, and try to behave. You don't want to be a bad influence on her! Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Yet another awful fringed bag...  Nice color though, and not as truly bad as some...

awful.png

@stevieb .. oh my .. that is one ugly bag!!!  I don't get this entire fringe obsession ... especially when there is so much of it. 

lost_emoticon.png

Esteemed Contributor

@Serendipity wrote:

@stevieb I looked at the Chloe Marcie again yesterday. Curses. I liked it even more. The zipper stayed together at the end and so it didn't drive me nuts. This was a new bag in the color nut. That's the color for me. If I were to go high-end bag, this might be the one. Gorgeous.

Oh my @Serendipity and @stevieb .... I just checked out the Chloe Marcie again .....  and I still love it too!!

images-1.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

Do you think that Alfred Dunner clothes look old lady?

Truth

I've heard Alfred Dunner described as 'assisted living chic'. Several years ago I did find a pair of AD petite pants that I wore for quite awhile. I wore my tops over the elastic waist to hide it. Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily and @Sister Golden Hair   Yes, I agree that AD clothes look old lady. Although, just like @EdithEllenLily, years ago I did have  pair of AD pants ... and always wore my tops over the elastic to hide it.

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Enjoy your day out with your niece, @Boehm Collector, and try to behave. You don't want to be a bad influence on her! Lol.

or SHE might be a bad influence on ME!!!  She goes shopping quite often!!  LOL  

images-1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @handygal2 ...  I once took an inventory of all the bags I own and did list them in a post in last quarters thread.  But I cannot remember the exact count now... although I have added two more bags since.  I would say a good estimate would be about 35 - 40 bags

Thanks for your reply, @Boehm Collector. That's my goal exactly-- to pare down my collection to just that amount, which seems like a very reasonable number. I found bags that l didn't even remember l had, and l could easily do without. The closet-purge project will begin eventually. (I'm a procrastinator, lol.)

Oh my @handygal2 ... I thought I had a lot of handbags!!  How many do you have?!?!?!

@Boehm Collector: l was shocked when l took stock in the far-reaches of my closet, and counted over 60. But many of those are going to either consignment or charity. And l promise never to let it get that out-of-control again! All of you are my witnesses! LOL.

Hi @handygal2 ... good luck with that.  My addiction to handbags has certainly gotten worse since finding this group... but I must admit I am having lots of fun!!!

@Boehm Collector It's the temptress @stevieb with all those high-end handbag postings that nabbed you, BC! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink

@Serendipity ... yes, without a doubt it was all stevieb's @stevieb doing.  I would not have thought about highend bags if she hadn't mentioned them!!!!

She says after she posts a pic of her Alto, which borders on that high end price point...  Bull malarkey, I say, @Boehm Collector... don't blame me for leading those without internal controls into temptation... But hey, it's a new world order around here, in case you hadn't heard. The Headmistress and the school marm have been shipped off to points unknown, the out house (both of them) have had locks placed on their doors and the bench has been turned into kindling. Anything goes now, Maria... It pretty much always did, but now, well, it's a no holds barred kind of a thing... You want another Ferragamo, go for it. Heck, buy two... buy one in every color... buy two in every color... Stock your gift wing... Give them away to complete strangers (they make excellent gifts)... Whatever you want to do... Nosireee, you won't have stevieb to kick around anymore... No more trying to be the voice of reason for the unreasonable... I'll continue to monitor my own bag acquisitions, others can do the same... or not... as they wish...

Oh Oh @stevieb .. sounds like you are angry with me.  If you are, I truly did not intend to offend or upset you.  I was only kidding.  I have to admit that I had not given high end bags a single thought until you mentioned them ...... but of course, you cannot compel me to make any purchases.  The only one I have to blame for that is myself.  So, in any event, I truly apologize for upsetting you.  Still friends????

Of course we're still friends @Boehm Collector...  Not angry with you at all...  I just wanted to be sure you knew about the new approach around here... I figured if you can't beat 'em, well then, stop pounding your head against a wall... !! Besides which, ulike some... your purchases and collection are and always have been well within the bounds of fully reasonable. As for the Alto, I was teasing you. It's a great bag and if you've only used it once or twice then yes, you need to dig that one out and use it!

Heart Woman Wink

Gee @stevieb  I think everyone was actually enjoying the entire HM, bench, outhouse dialogs!  In any event ..... glad we're still cyber friends.  I am trying to be good.  But there are so many beautiful handbags and so much gorgeous 14k and 18k gold jewelry pieces calling my name.  I am attempting to play deaf ... but don't know how long it will last.  I was going through my jewelry the other day and came across a 14k gold bracelet my Dad bought for me years ago.  He has been gone for over 21 years so you can imagine how old it is.  Believe it or not I had never worn it.  It is quite beautiful so I cannot understand why.  Been wearing it all week.

Well now Maria, @Boehm Collector, perhaps I'll be selective around whom I feel might benefit from the out house, tough love, being benched, etc... experience... er... shtick... Quite clearly, there were (and are) some on whom it was just wasted energy and continually fell on deaf ears.  But I do see that since I've tamed the tiger, there is an AWFUL lot of talk of shopping trips, a lot of frivolous purchases being made and at least one terribly (and I mean terribly...) ill-advised purchase made by @Serendipity... I'll give this due consideration but do keep in mind that purchases of expensive jewelry are also a potential cause for spending time in the, um, big house... should I decide to have those wooden planks removed from the doors...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Yet another awful fringed bag...  Nice color though, and not as truly bad as some...

awful.png

@stevieb .. oh my .. that is one ugly bag!!!  I don't get this entire fringe obsession ... especially when there is so much of it. 

Isn't it hideous @Boehm Collector...  You know, there are all times, and we all know that there are, and this is one of them... when try as they might the designers and fashion industry just simply can't convince the masses that their current 'on trend and fashion forward looks' are as to die for as they'd like to have us believe...  There will always be a cadre who fall for this blarney, but fortunately, among many of us, cooler heads prevail...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...