@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector...  Glad you like your LATEST pretty designer bag purchase... It does look a bit on the small side, but glad you feel you can make it work, and hoping you enjoy it...  But if not, hey, well you can always buy another one NEXT week...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb @Boehm Collector LOL Woman LOL Looks like someone else is getting toasted over the high-end bag purchases! 

@EdithEllenLily and @stevieb ... stevieb just loves toasting me over the high-end bag purchases.  I am convinced I will not hear the end of this for a long time,  But hey, I'm strong .. I can take it.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Lovely vintage Ferragamo. That's a really great find. I walk past the store occasionally and took a couple of photos to share...

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Their windows are always so beautiful.  Lots to lust after...Smiley Very Happy

Hi @foo foo shi shi ... thanks for the photos.  DH and I are planning to go to NYC next Saturday.. assuming the weather cooperates.  He said that we can stop at the Salvatore Ferragamo store on 5th Avenue.  Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

@Boehm Collector @stevieb uh-oh.... Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

I know, I know @Serendipity...  It's almost a given she'll cave... We should lay odds because it's almost a guarantee... Her DH will be right there to enable her... But look at the upside, it pushes you further back in line... Suddenly, your future is looking much brighter, assuming you don't do anything foolish...

Woman Wink

@stevieb @Serendipity ... you of little faith.  " I " will NOT buy any SF handbags.  Now, if DH decides to buy me one as a gift .... I have no control over him.  The only person I can control is "myself"

Oh no... His purchase of one as a gift will count. Let's face facts here, @Boehm Collector he won't buy one as a gift if you aren't clearly mooning over one, thereby leading him into temptation. One would almost think you've plotted and schemed this out to your advantage. This is SO not in the spirit of handbag abstainance, Maria and, well, I fear you've crossed the point of no return...  It's too soon to tell, but it appears that at least Sister @Serendipity@ has seen the light. One does so hope @Sister Golden Hair is ready to pass the scepter...

Hi @stevieb ... rules can't be changed.  It was already determined that gift handbags do not count.  Besides I have no control over what DH does.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Satchel Santas, Ho-Ho-Hobos and Other Indulgences Y'all... 4Q-2015

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Mulberry Handbags

HH2636_182K195_L.jpeg

HH2957_205K195_L.jpeg

HH3177_254J152_L.jpeg

HH8147_173K195_L.jpeg

@Boehm Collector: Thank you for posting these truly gorgeous leather handbags! Our friend @Sister Golden Hair spoke of them a few posts ago and I realized I had not followed up to check them out. This brand is new to me. I read about it on the Mulberry website, history and all. Very interesting. Super expensive handbags, but I am sure they would last beyond a lifetime! Woman Happy

Hi @EdithEllenLily@ and @Sister Golden Hair ...... yes the Mulberry's are gorgeous.  At least on line.  But that is what I thought about the Burberry's until I saw them in person.  I was not impressed by them at all.  I would love to see the Mulberry's in person.  I'll have to research to try to find the stores that would sell them.

Esteemed Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Hi Ladies!!!!!  I'm so happy my Evergreen bag shipped today!!! Yeahhh Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Woman Tongue

I should get it the latest by Friday since it ships from PA. 

FYI -  QVC is in the midst of moving their jewely warehouse from PA to SC. This is why jewelry orders are taking long to ship. This is the #1 thing I buy here so now I have to wait longer to get my items Smiley Sad

Good news @NycVixen! Please let us know how you like it! Hope you do! Woman Very Happy

Regarding jewelry shipping, I don't think I will notice a difference here in Chicagoland. It seems like when something comes via the USPS (like the jewelry usually does), it takes a good 7-10 days, just like they say. Oh well! 

My evergreen bag is out for delivery!!!!!!!! Woman Very HappyWoman TongueWoman LOL

Hope it's a keeper!

@stevieb @EdithEllenLily @Serendipity @Boehm Collector @jaxs mom

Ladies, the search for the perfect green bag for me is over!!!!!!  It's a keeper!! It's everything I hoped it would be!!! Smiley LOLWoman LOLSmiley Mad

First of all, the color is perfect! Exactly, the deep green that I was hoping for. Second, the bag is a nice size. Many reviews stated the bag was much smaller than the measurements given. The base plate is less than 11" but the bag itself gets wider as it goes up, like many bags do. This is fine for me. I have many bags like this and I have no problem with it. The bag is not too big or small, a perfect medium size.

Third, the bag is so light!!!! I love it. I'm over really heavy bags.  Fourth, the bag keeps its shape due to the sturdier leather and the reinforced base plate; it stands on its own even when empty but still sags at the top like a hobo should. Fifth, I just love all the outside pockets. My hand fits it all of them. Plus, there are three zippered and two slip pockets on the inside.

Lastly, the bag doesn't look as stylized as it looks online. The quilting definitely is more subtle in person as well as all the hardware. The AK TSV bag has way more going on IMO. I'm not really a one strap bag person but I find I can reach things easily and the strap doesn't slip off my shoulder even when empty. 

This is my Christmas gift to myself and I am so pleased that I know I won't want a new bag for a while. It's no nice when a bag is exactly what you've been hoping for. I'm so happy!!!!!!

Hi @NycVixen .. glad you love your new bag!  It's always fun to find a bag you really love!  Enjoy!  Will you be waiting until Christmas to use it?  My DH bought a Dooney Clayton for me back in July .. but it is a Christmas present and he hid it on me so I definitely will not be able to use it until Christmas

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity @Sister Golden Hair; @skyblue @NycVixen @tough_kitty ... hope I am not forgetting anyone.  In any event, tomorrow is the big day.  DH and I are going to Manhattan.  I cannot wait to go to the Salvatore Ferragamo store.  The outlet store I went to in September was nice .. but had a very limited selection.  I know @stevieb has no faith in me ... but I KNOW I will be able to resist temptation and not buy anything.  On the other hand, I have no control over what DH might do.  Woman LOLWoman SurprisedWoman LOL  I will report back either tomorrow evening or some time on Sunday with all the details.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Serendipity wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@foo foo shi shi wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector...  Glad you like your LATEST pretty designer bag purchase... It does look a bit on the small side, but glad you feel you can make it work, and hoping you enjoy it...  But if not, hey, well you can always buy another one NEXT week...

Smiley Very Happy

@stevieb @Boehm Collector LOL Woman LOL Looks like someone else is getting toasted over the high-end bag purchases! 

@EdithEllenLily and @stevieb ... stevieb just loves toasting me over the high-end bag purchases.  I am convinced I will not hear the end of this for a long time,  But hey, I'm strong .. I can take it.  Woman LOLWoman LOL

Hi Boehm Collector. 

Lovely vintage Ferragamo. That's a really great find. I walk past the store occasionally and took a couple of photos to share...

Ferragamo 1 (2).jpg

Ferragamo 2 (crop).jpg

Their windows are always so beautiful.  Lots to lust after...Smiley Very Happy

Hi @foo foo shi shi ... thanks for the photos.  DH and I are planning to go to NYC next Saturday.. assuming the weather cooperates.  He said that we can stop at the Salvatore Ferragamo store on 5th Avenue.  Woman Very HappyWoman Very Happy

@Boehm Collector @stevieb uh-oh.... Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

I know, I know @Serendipity...  It's almost a given she'll cave... We should lay odds because it's almost a guarantee... Her DH will be right there to enable her... But look at the upside, it pushes you further back in line... Suddenly, your future is looking much brighter, assuming you don't do anything foolish...

Woman Wink

@stevieb @Serendipity ... you of little faith.  " I " will NOT buy any SF handbags.  Now, if DH decides to buy me one as a gift .... I have no control over him.  The only person I can control is "myself"

Oh no... His purchase of one as a gift will count. Let's face facts here, @Boehm Collector he won't buy one as a gift if you aren't clearly mooning over one, thereby leading him into temptation. One would almost think you've plotted and schemed this out to your advantage. This is SO not in the spirit of handbag abstainance, Maria and, well, I fear you've crossed the point of no return...  It's too soon to tell, but it appears that at least Sister @Serendipity@ has seen the light. One does so hope @Sister Golden Hair is ready to pass the scepter...

Hi @stevieb ... rules can't be changed.  It was already determined that gift handbags do not count.  Besides I have no control over what DH does.

Excuse me @Boehm Collector, perhaps unsolicited gifts don't count... Dragging one's enabling spouse to a handbag store and then standing around pining away most certainly does not qualify as unsolicited... Moreover, stating that you have no control over what DH does is not only a cop out, it's a load of bull crunch... Easy peasy. You don't become misty eyed over any particular bag and he doesn't buy it... I'll stand by my assessment, this is a set up for DH and should a bag be purchased, it most definitely WILL count against your outhouse status. And another thing, Missy, you can completely forget any sort of affiliation with The Most Revered One if this is the path you've chosen to follow... Let's just say you will not be dining in the staff dining room - EVER. Very disappointing to say the least. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@ @Sister Golden Hair; @skyblue @NycVixen @tough_kitty ... hope I am not forgetting anyone.  In any event, tomorrow is the big day.  DH and I are going to Manhattan.  I cannot wait to go to the Salvatore Ferragamo store.  The outlet store I went to in September was nice .. but had a very limited selection.  I know @stevieb has no faith in me ... but I KNOW I will be able to resist temptation and not buy anything.  On the other hand, I have no control over what DH might do.  Woman LOLWoman SurprisedWoman LOL  I will report back either tomorrow evening or some time on Sunday with all the details.

In consultation with both The Beloved and Revered Headmistress and the school marm, I have already addressed this matter @Boehm Collector, and have no desire to do so further. Any wife anywhere who claims she has no control over her DH is either full of baloney or is not doing her job effectively... I maintain that this is a set-up pure and simple. Well, perhaps not so pure... I have nothing further to say on the subject other than to suggest that Sister begin polishing up the scepter, as it's clearly time for it to be passed to the next Outhouse Queen... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Hi, all. I found this little LV treasure in the depths of my closet. I didn't even remember l had it, lol. Hardly ever used it (kind of small for my needs, lol). Incredibly, the receipt was still inside the zipper compartment-- it was purchased by me for my birthday in 1989 for $390! I'm torn between keeping it, or bringing it in for consignment-- l'm not a crossbody girl. The only other LV l own is a small zippered tote purchased about 10 years ago, which l never use. And l don't buy any more LVs, as their prices have become astronomical.

Your thoughts?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@handygal2 wrote:

image.jpeg

Hi, all. I found this little LV treasure in the depths of my closet. I didn't even remember l had it, lol. Hardly ever used it (kind of small for my needs, lol). Incredibly, the receipt was still inside the zipper compartment-- it was purchased by me for my birthday in 1989 for $390! I'm torn between keeping it, or bringing it in for consignment-- l'm not a crossbody girl. The only other LV l own is a small zippered tote purchased about 10 years ago, which l never use. And l don't buy any more LVs, as their prices have become astronomical.

Your thoughts?

Hi @handygal2 (love the snow white avatar by the way)! Well, all I see is the perfect crossbody bag. Heart But then I love crossbodies. Do you have other crossbodies that you can use if needed? It's a tough call because an LV today is so expensive. But if you are really never going to use the crossbody or the tote, maybe keep one of the two and consign the other one for starters? See how it does? But I really do love the classic look of this bag. By the way, it reallly does show how much bags have increased over the years. Although I haven't figured out the inflation adjusted increase...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi @stevieb@EdithEllenLily@Serendipity@ @Sister Golden Hair; @skyblue @NycVixen @tough_kitty ... hope I am not forgetting anyone.  In any event, tomorrow is the big day.  DH and I are going to Manhattan.  I cannot wait to go to the Salvatore Ferragamo store.  The outlet store I went to in September was nice .. but had a very limited selection.  I know @stevieb has no faith in me ... but I KNOW I will be able to resist temptation and not buy anything.  On the other hand, I have no control over what DH might do.  Woman LOLWoman SurprisedWoman LOL  I will report back either tomorrow evening or some time on Sunday with all the details.

Enjoy! Post a photo of your purchases!Woman Very Happy @Boehm Collector

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

In consultation with both The Beloved Headmistress and the school marm, I have already addressed this matter @Boehm Collector, and have no desire to do so further. Any wife anywhere who claims she has no control over her DH is either full of baloney or is not doing her job effectively... I maintain that this is a set-up pure and simple. Well, perhaps not so pure... I have nothing further to say on the subject other than to suggest that Sister begin polishing up the scepter, as it's clearly time for it to be passed to the next Outhouse Queen... 

Clearly @Boehm Collector speaks the truth! @stevieb  I have no control over my hubby!Woman Wink