Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: STILL TRYING TO DOWNSIZE HUGE BAGS. HELP!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

A Swiss army knife??  What are you expecting to happen that you would need that on a daily basis--LOL!!  I agree with a previous poster about the weight of the bag.  Some of the leather bags that seem to be so popular with posters weigh a ton before anything is put in them.  I prefer Baggallini.  There are many sizes to choose from but I Iike the cross body bags.  Big enough to hold my "essentials."

@kaydee50.  I used to always carry a Swiss Army knife. Mine had just about everything on it from,scissors, toothpick,file, corkscrew, very small blades to a larger one and much more. Don’t carry it anymore because I don’t go much farther than the grocery store, Dr. or dentist.

I still keep a Swiss Army knife in my car. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus I have been wild about Joy Susan's classic tote.  Although I prefer leather, it's impossible to tell this isn't!

Such a comfortable strap!!!  I got a white one on vacation last year and immediately ordered the dark charcoal gray smoke I loved it SO much!

It looks great with everything I wear!

Another great light weight brand is HOBO.  Beautiful leathers!

I always loved Brahman, but I can barely stand the wieght empty!

(I took out the large center zip to make it lighter and use a small wristlet for money and  a small metal credit card case I take to the grocery store as a wallet.

I only have two small plastic zip cases for lipstic and coins to control weight).

Image result for joy susan handbags

@ECBG   Great looking bags...large enough w/o weight. Where can I find them? Thanks...

Honored Contributor

@Shanus They're on amazon and her site.  

My manager had a fit over mine and ordered the black.  Several ladies have had them in our shop and say they LOVE them!

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

My manager had a fit over mine and ordered the black.  Several ladies have had them in our shop and say they LOVE them!

Smiley Happy

@Shanus Which color do you prefer?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Smiley Happy

@ECBG @Shanus There was a "Joy Susan & More" section in my Zulily email today (6/3) with lower prices on some of these bags. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   ....loving the off-white w/ black handle for summer! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   ....loving the off-white w/ black handle for summer! 

@Shanus Perfect!  I LOVE mine!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure why all those items are needed. I have a small wallet, a small fabric cosmetic bag with only a few items in it, a little pill case, Kleenex, glasses, a pen, and that's about it. I fit it all into a smallish Lug bag. Lug bags are lightweight and have lots of nice compartments for organization. I've never carried or needed a swiss knife, or a sewing kit.  I put about three cough drops in my cosmetic case.  I don't need to take daily medications along as I take them at home.  I have a very tiny pill case I bring a few Advil in. 

Contributor

I too have tried to downside or just use a lighter weight bag. I have so many beautiful bags I feel I should be using them. However, I am at a loss to being able to leave something out or at home. It is the first thing I need when I am out.

Years ago I was given a Lesportsac makeup bag that was then made and still is in the 70's. My daughter even asked if she could have it. Of course I gave it to her. Then I ran across the Lesportsac Outlet, now closed and bought a few pieces. From there I have been a fan. I try to go back to a smaller bag but it just doesn't work. So just recently have purchased 2. They have a great on-lline site with new patterns and solids. They are so light weight and my favorite is the Deluxe Classic Bag. Light weight and wear very well..The choices are endless.

Good luck in finding whatever you are looking for and yes sometimes we have to add to our bags as we age. Glad there are choices. 

Honored Contributor

I have given up trying to downsize.  I no longer carry a bag on my shoulder because they hurt my back.  I wear my satchels on my arm or carry them in my hand and my back is happy.