Esteemed Contributor

Re: SAINT LAURENT large Matellase grain de poudre blanc vintage bag

I’m glad you finally got it, it’s beautiful 

Honored Contributor

@Pink123  Your purchase got me thinking about nicer bags... I'm more of a satchel lover and have had my eye on this one for a bit. I more than likely won't buy but I do relish the color...

s-l1600 (4).jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @stevieb Yes that's the lambskin "college" bag which comes in small and medium also which is very popular.  The blue color doesn't come around often like the white.  The medium one is the same price as mine (largest) and also the same size but your's is 3.3 inches wide (mine is 2.2) which is nice.  I have a Saint Laurent boutique close so get to see all of them.  

I think you prefer the bigger bags which I do as well.  You might also take a look at the "LouLou" bag which is somewhat bigger.  Will show pictures of both. I think the College pic is the smaller size in black.

Medium-600278BRM072721_A tan college bzg.jpg

Medium-600279BRM079207_Y blavkck medium.jpg

LouLou:

nm_2219426_100106_a loulou.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 @You have to keep it. It matches your beautiful light fixture.

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Pink123 @You have to keep it. It matches your beautiful light fixture.

@Mindy D   True, ha!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Those are some stunning bags!! Enjoy them in good health. I can only dream of a bag like either of those. Funny story..many years ago I sold a bunch of gold jewelry at the LA Diamond market in downtown LA and made about $9k. We then went to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to the Louis Vuitton store to treat myself with either a wallet or new small bag. They wouldn’t give me the time of day even though I had a bunch of cash and was ready to buy. That was my one chance and now my priorities have changed so I’m sure I’ll never get one but it sure was nice to dream. Enjoy those you have. They are just gorgeous!!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:
Those are some stunning bags!! Enjoy them in good health. I can only dream of a bag like either of those. Funny story..many years ago I sold a bunch of gold jewelry at the LA Diamond market in downtown LA and made about $9k. We then went to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to the Louis Vuitton store to treat myself with either a wallet or new small bag. They wouldn’t give me the time of day even though I had a bunch of cash and was ready to buy. That was my one chance and now my priorities have changed so I’m sure I’ll never get one but it sure was nice to dream. Enjoy those you have. They are just gorgeous!!

Thanks @CAcableGirl2 , interesting story. Update:  I've been using the larger matelasse bag almosot every day I go out.  It seems to stand wear and tear well so far.  Looks brand new.  

Trusted Contributor

Love it!  I also have a collection of designer bags. Like you, I put a lot of thought and consideration into each purchase.  I try only buy bags that fill gaps of what I don't have, so I know I will carry them all at some point. 

There are only a couple I bought on a whim, either because I was traveling or I just loved it so much.  But for the most part, when I decide I want a new one I put a ton of thought and research into the decision.

You've definitely done your homework on this one!!  And yes, this white is totally different than both Chanel bags you posted. 

Hope you continue to love it and wear in good health!!.