Super Contributor

Re: SAINT LAURENT large Matellase grain de poudre blanc vintage bag

Your new bag is lovely. It's like having an art piece to carry with you. Do you keep your bags on display in your closet so that you can enjoy seeing them?
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dsw503 wrote:
Your new bag is lovely. It's like having an art piece to carry with you. Do you keep your bags on display in your closet so that you can enjoy seeing them?

Thanks @dsw503  yes I do have a custom side area with shelves where I store them.  I do keep them in the dust bags (don't ask me why)  but open on top so they can breathe.  With the Chanel dust bags they have a back slip pocket where you store the chain so it doesn't bang against the back of the bag when not in use. 

Here's pictures of the Chanel dust bag from front and side angle.  Also a picture of the Chanel large (jumbo) classic flap in "beige claire".  You can see why I purchased this very light off white cool tone Saint laurent.  The Chanel is more of a medium warm tone tan-beige.  They are so different.

With the new Saint Laurent I slide the chain inside the bag and then put in dust bag.  Really simple.

The pictures are deceiving.  The bags are so much bigger than they look here.

20220114_155750 front ogf bag.jpg

20220114_155817 side shot open bag.jpg

20220114_160332 beige claire next to off whit saint laurent.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Pink123    Has the interior of your new bag been updated to provide a pocket big enough for current phones?

Super Contributor

Thank you, what a great post! I enjoyed reading your story about wanting the bag for so long and your advice the best way to purchase a YSL bag. The description of the features was very interesting and I was delighted to see the photos. I would have done the same thing- putting the bag on the dining room table & having a 360 degree viewing!

To read your post & see such a beautiful bag brightened what has been a trying day. I hope you enjoy your new purse immensely and for a long t8me to come!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @cantdrive55 for such a nice post.  I don't know, quality handbags have always been on my radar.  The first one was the Gucci "Boston" bag in blue with red stripes in my 20's.  I fell in love,  and it all started with that bag.

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3   No I don't think it has even with the new chevron/quilt combo.  My phone is over 6 inches and it's tight.  There is just so much room in that bag one can put 4 water bottles in it.

However in the back which I'll attach a picture for you it has a wide whole bag slot where you can easily slide your phone in.  I'm using it for mask storage now.  I don't mind opening and closing the bag for my phone with that magnetic closure.  

back shot (2).jpg

Respected Contributor

@Pink123 - Beautiful handbags.  Wear them in the best of health, and enjoy them to the fullest in this New Year.

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing your pix of the bags and the dust bag! I like that the Chanel dust bag has an interesting picture on the outside of it AND how smart they are for making a separate compartment for the chain! I'm glad that your bags have a special place in your closet!
Trusted Contributor

@Pink123 
Beautiful bag. After seven years of eyeing it, it was definitely something you desired. Enjoy it in good health. 
Your Chanel bag is also gorgeous.  

Trusted Contributor

@ladycos wrote:

@Pink123 
Beautiful bag. After seven years of eyeing it, it was definitely something you desired. Enjoy it in good health. 
Your Chanel bag is also gorgeous.  

Thank you @ladycos.  It's week three and am so happy I made this purchase and decision.