Trusted Contributor

SAINT LAURENT large Matellase grain de poudre blanc vintage bag

[ Edited ]

It's been a rough year for myself and I'm sure many of you here as well.  I decided I needed to treat myself and after giving it much thought I decided upon this classic Saint Laurent bag that I have admired for at least 7 years now.  

However, it usually comes in black and a dark nude and the off whites come sparingly at cruise time.   My number one love is the Chanel classic flap bag.  I own all the neutrals and 2 totes so I'm all set there.  

But this Saint Laurent was still always callling to me.  It is lighter in weight than the Chanel large flap, about the same size except 2 inches taller and not as wide.  however without that double flap it fits plenty if not more.  In my opinion the caviar type leather and the bag is of the same quality and I see no difference.  I love the YSL logo.

I have searched for a cool tone off white beige and this "blanc vintage" is it.  I will post a picture of a white Chanel flap I own next to it. It's chameleon like.  It gets lighter and darker with different lighting.

A big plus is it has a magnetic snap closure which makes it alot easier to get in and out.  It just pops closed with a little push.

It can be worn 3 ways.  With double strap on shoulder, pulled down to one strap on shoulder, or crossbody. (I think it's too big a bag for this purpose) And you can also carry it on your arm if your on the taller side.

I ordered the bag direct from Saint Laurent.  If you purchase a bag in a Saint Laurent boutique you will only get a store credit but if you purchase it direct it gets shipped from Italy to New jersey, inspected and then sent out to you.  Plus you have 30 days to return and a free label is included.  The price with tax was about $2,900.

I looked at it on my dining room table for a week and walked around with it.   The decision is made - it's a keeper!

ingisgnia.jpg

20220101_163746 (2).jpg

20220101_134651 front shot (3).jpg

20220102_155709[51871] chanel jumbo vs. saint laurrnt.jpg

side shot.jpg20220101_134409 (3).jpg

20220102_155053[51875] hanging saint laurent.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: SAINT LAURENT large Matellase grain de poudre blanc vintage bag

Lucky you! Wear your bag in good health,

Esteemed Contributor

A lovely, classic bag. Enjoy it in good health.

Personally, I prefer the $ spent on those two bags IN my wallet, not holding my wallet, but that's just me.

Respected Contributor

So beautiful! Goes well with your lighting decor. I bought a knock-off of the Chanel in a flea market in the 1960s? and used it for years.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful bag....enjoy.  I am retired from buying expensive bags but would consider that one if I was still in the market. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

Very nice handbag!

Honored Contributor

@Pink123  A lovely true designer bag. Enjoy it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Beautiful bag! Good choice!

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 

Enjoy and carry in good health!  Everyone deserves a treat!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@meallen616 , @queendiva@Jk9 , @Nataliesgramma , @stevieb  @Franklinbell@ECBG  and all, thank you for your lovely comments.Woman Very Happy