Honored Contributor

Re: Review of upcoming G.I.L.I. Hobo TSV

I see beautiful Gray and black bags like the TSV done in gold hardware and I just wwant to cry.  They're awful and would look so much better with silver.  It's a deal breaker for me.  I won't buy any bag with the gold but it's especially bad with grays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I see beautiful Gray and black bags like the TSV done in gold hardware and I just wwant to cry.  They're awful and would look so much better with silver.  It's a deal breaker for me.  I won't buy any bag with the gold but it's especially bad with grays.

@Kachina624 wrote:

I totally agree with you.  Silver or even gunmetal hardware would look much better on the gray & black.  I'm not a gold person either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chi-town girl,  Your fringed bag is gorgeous!!!!    The reason I don't like the fringe on the Gigli  is it looks like a western shirt fringe ... the way it comes down the sides. It will look too  western and not Boho enough for my style.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @islandgrrl! I'm kind of relieved that I didn't like the TSV handbag. It was an easy pass for me. I've picked up some great buys for Fall-tops, pants, leggings, jackets, coats, boots-tall & ankle and a couple of handbags.

Nordy always gets me started with the July Anniversary sale. Now I need to switch gears for holiday gifts, but I will leave some room in the budget for another treat or two for me. Maybe more Halston... have you bought any new goodies??? Wonder if Q will have the holiday Posh show. I miss Lisa even more now!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

So little chatter about this bag today on the forums. Interesting, would lead me to believe it did not sell well. Wasn't for me though I did enjoy seeing the new colors/exotics but that was about it. Glad I bought my Roma 2 and milanos when I did as I'm no longer impressed with this line. But that just means money saved for me so all good! 

Honored Contributor

@nycgirl79 wrote:

So little chatter about this bag today on the forums. Interesting, would lead me to believe it did not sell well. Wasn't for me though I did enjoy seeing the new colors/exotics but that was about it. Glad I bought my Roma 2 and milanos when I did as I'm no longer impressed with this line. But that just means money saved for me so all good! 

@nycgirl79-I'm with you... miss the energy & excitement that we shared in the past with new GILI items and the weekly show. I looked forward to seeing the "lookbook" outfits that Lisa/GILI team created. It was inspiring.

That Roma2 release was soooo much fun. Lisa had a such a presence & connection with us. She is missed big time. The Roma2 is still my fav handbag! The higher prices + "no Lisa" has made it very easy for me to walk away & not hit 'submit order'

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl My latest Halston purchase is A230723, the cowl neck sweater in black.  It is soft and lovely just like the duster.  And it's long -- perfect to wear with leggings and boots.  

But you are so right: it is now time to focus on shopping for others and getting ready to write Christmas cards.  I start working on both come November 1st.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@nycgirl79 wrote:

@nycgirl79-I'm with you... miss the energy & excitement that we shared in the past with new GILI items and the weekly show. I looked forward to seeing the "lookbook" outfits that Lisa/GILI team created. It was inspiring.

That Roma2 release was soooo much fun. Lisa had a such a presence & connection with us. She is missed big time. The Roma2 is still my fav handbag! The higher prices + "no Lisa" has made it very easy for me to walk away & not hit 'submit order'

I completely agree with all you wrote.  Didn't buy this bag and wasn't even tempted.  Only one color sold out, wow what a difference.  I am wearing my camo gili jacket with the tie front today (1st wearing!) and I love it!  But it was priced right and is a great item.  I think QVC needs to rethink what they are doing with this brand.  Prices are getting silly.

Honored Contributor

The fringe on the TSV looks....cheap? Oddly placed? Untrimmed sideburns? I don't know but it looks "off".

I agree with you.... I kept looking and looking at it and I kept thinking that I would probably want to see the "sideburns" shorter, maybe cut to the bottom of the bag.  It did seem off to me and I love fringe.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*