Honored Contributor

Carry your new red bag in GREAT health and enjoy!!  Red is my favorite color and I have carried my red bag wearing just about any color out there.  All I did was to find  pair of shoes that had the exact color red ot part of the shoe (the rest of the shoe is black) and with the shoes the purse color totally makes sense!!  LOVE red leather!       

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Red Handbags

[ Edited ]

I have always wanted  a red leather handbag, I just never got around to buying one.  Perhaps next spring.  I do own a red Dooney canvas tote, it has brown leather handles and I love that bag.  I always take it when we travel because while we are out and about, I stuff all of our purchases into it.  When I went into the office, it held absolutely everything but was lighter than a leather tote would have been.  I think red can be a neutral, especially for women who wear neutrals and jeans.  Red can be a neutral as a black bag.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love red bags and have several of them - and wear them with just about anything. I'm not a matchy-matchy girl who matches a bag color to my clothes. I own one brown bag - a Brahmin in pecan. I notice beautiful bags that other women carry that are in pretty reds, blues, greens, blush and yellow. Carry your new red bag in style - I bet it's beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I like to carry a red purse during the Christmas season. I have one med size red satchel and I'll carry it from Thanksgiving thru Christmas week.

Honored Contributor

Honestly when I see a row of bags my eye is always drawn to the red ones!

I have to work hard to convince myself to buy a different color!

Love that RED.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I like red handbags, but tend to carry them more for the holidays and during the fall and winter seasons than in spring or summer, though I will occasionally use a red bag whenever the mood strikes me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I like to carry a red purse during the Christmas season. I have one med size red satchel and I'll carry it from Thanksgiving thru Christmas week.

Wow! I do the same exact thing! I have 2 red bags, one I bought on my trip to Florence and the other (Red/navy) is by Kate Spade.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I like red handbags, but tend to carry them more for the holidays and during the fall and winter seasons than in spring or summer, though I will occasionally use a red bag whenever the mood strikes me.

That is most likely what I am goin to do.  I was hoping you would give your input @stevieb  Thank you!

Occasional Contributor

I have never owned a red bag but am anxiously waiting for QVC/Dooney and Bourke to bring in the medium sized florentine backpack in the red.  I think I will enjoy wearing that on a regular basis.  All other handbags are in navy, chestnut, black and ginger (all florentine or Coach pebble leather).  

Respected Contributor

My red friends.5510790F-D5D8-47DF-AD53-CF43643081D2.jpeg